Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eastern Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Vaudreuil is a good spot for someone going towards Ottawa but probably still too close to Ferrier. Notwithstanding, you have the 30, 40, and 20 all converging there so it would be a good place for anyone not going downtown and would probably make a round trip from Ottawa to Montreal doable. Probably not a priority but a good spot for when they start to fill in the network.

Sure views this way, but in reality, the only 2 route that endup there for long travel is from Ottawa and Cornwall. Put a SC in Ottawa and your good ! Even if you need to pass by Cornwall on your way back, that about 20min longer route and 7km more. I've done the Mtl Ottawa route a few time within the same day, and the only big issue is the charging in Ottawa, going back via Cornwall is not a big deal.

There is rumors of a high density SC near the 40 and 15(going north), and one at the 10 and 30 (Dix30).

I've seen some talk here about Orange Julp as a potential destination. I guess it could be a good spot as well, except if it a power issue that Tesla Montreal have, then that site not going to help much ! They would have to put up us far back next to the really bad smelling dumpsters. So I'm not really a fan. Orange Julp also is a car/moto meet place, so we could easily see the Spots either ICED or Teslafied...

40/15 is pretty close to Ferrier. Maybe 640/15 would be good to bypass traffic via the 13. Dix30 is a no brainer. Any talk about more superchargers around Montreal is good news. Hope they get Quebec City done soon too. It would help tremendously to get to Baie St-Paul or anywhere north. Maybe I'll just bite the bullet and buy a ChaDeMo adapter even though I might use it only once or twice a year.

Plattsburgh and somewhere between Montreal and Ottawa were on the list of projected sites released by TM in May 2013 or earlier. If those locations were in place, much less people would actually need Supercharging upon arrival in Montreal.

Ottawa is too close to Montreal. The fewer SC's in actual cities also has a benefit of owners not using them locally instead of topping off at home.
Perhaps all SC's should be removed from city cores and all should be placed in the middle of nowhere between cities, as was the original plan. I think Tesla is realizing this and will plan for this in the future.
A SC is Kanata or Napeon, Ontario would be good as it would be a start point for using Highway 7 to Toronto.
Definitely somewhere along Highway 7 between Peterborough and Ottawa should be a priority as a lot of us travel between Toronto and Ottawa and hhy 7 is a better, and nicer, route than the boring 401 and 416.
I would say either Madoc or Tweed would be great!

Ottawa is too close to Montreal. The fewer SC's in actual cities also has a benefit of owners not using them locally instead of topping off at home.
Perhaps all SC's should be removed from city cores and all should be placed in the middle of nowhere between cities, as was the original plan. I think Tesla is realizing this and will plan for this in the future.

Although I agree with you about placing SC in-between major cities, Tesla seems to still place some inside larger cities. Maybe for locals with limited home charging (condo, street parking).

In the 2016 map I see 2 SC in Montreal and 2 SC in Quebec City.

Untitled.png

In the 2016 map I see 2 SC in Montreal and 2 SC in Quebec City.

Low image quality is the cause of many Superchargers appearing double on the map, rather than there actually being two separate existing or planned installations.

I don't agree that Ottawa and Montreal are too close together. 400 km r/t is not possible when it's -20C. A midpoint between them would be useful and not clogged up by locals. However, as Doug conjectured earlier, this was probably axed due to a site coming to Ottawa itself.

Last edited:
It is high time that the destination navigation gets a timely update ( never mind the 3 year old Navigon/Garmin maps ). This week when I put in my home destination at the Kingston SC, it wanted me to charge at Lawrence instead of the new Port Hope charger. Setting the Port Hope SC as the next destination is no problem. Same thing happened earlier in the day when at Hagerstown MD I put in the Syracuse NY SC as destination. It wanted to route me via Newark DE, Tannersville PA and Binghampton NY. It did not know about the Allentown PA charger that opened a week before. Again setting Allentown SC as the next destination was fine.

I don't agree that Ottawa and Montreal are too close together. 400 km r/t is not possible when it's -20C. A midpoint between them would be useful and not clogged up by locals. However, as Doug conjectured earlier, this was probably axed due to a site coming to Ottawa itself.

For someone living in Ottawa, a service center would be more useful than a Supercharger! But it would be extremely useful to visitors - judging by the number of people that drop by our office to charge.

Yes, you use a very good chunk of your charge driving between Ottawa and Montreal at -20C.

One of the problems with locating a charger between Ottawa and Montreal is the lack of locations...

If they tried and failed to find a location on the 417, they should take a look at the 50. If they did decide to nix entirely a site between the two cities, it had to have been a close call. There's a location between Calgary and Edmonton. Yes, there are 300 km separating those cities in Alberta, compared to 200 km for Ottawa and Montreal, but there's probably much more Tesla traffic on the latter route.

If they tried and failed to find a location on the 417, they should take a look at the 50. If they did decide to nix entirely a site between the two cities, it had to have been a close call. There's a location between Calgary and Edmonton. Yes, there are 300 km separating those cities in Alberta, compared to 200 km for Ottawa and Montreal, but there's probably much more Tesla traffic on the latter route.

I see absolutely no need for a Supercharger between Montreal and Ottawa since Ottawa will be getting a service Centre this year as well as some SC's, presumably.
It is more important to have the chargers between Ottawa and Toronto on Hwy 7.

I see absolutely no need for a Supercharger between Montreal and Ottawa since Ottawa will be getting a service Centre this year as well as some SC's, presumably.
It is more important to have the chargers between Ottawa and Toronto on Hwy 7.
But you're presuming that the Ottawa Service Centre will have decent charging. That appears to not be the case with the Montreal Service Centre, although I can't say that I have any personal experience in the matter.