Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eastern Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not Eastern Canada, but close...

I hear that a Supercharger is on the way to Watertown, NY, the north end of I-81. I assume that this is a help for some Canadians driving to the U.S.

That would be excellent! Kingston to Syracuse is tight in the summer with my 60, and impossible in the winter. Also makes charge-up times much shorter as I have slower charging to begin with in the 60, and a LONG wait to get from 80% to 100%.

Watertown isn't on the 2016 SC map though, weird.

Salmon Run Mall would be a perfect spot. Tons of parking and close to dozens of stores/restaurants, both in the mall and down the street.

I am surprised to see this before any news on Plattsburgh. Montreal to Albany is longer than Cornwall, Kingston, and even Ottawa to Syracuse and Plattsburgh was on the 2014 Supercharger map.
Hopefully well south of Plattsburgh, though. There are restaurants along the side of Schroon Lake (ca. 92 miles north of Albany, and 130 miles from Montreal), between Pottersville and North Hudson and south of the turnoff to Lake Placid, which would seem to open up more attractions than Plattsburgh. Ideally it would be further north AT North Hudson, but there don't appear to be any services in the area.

Speaking of new Store/Dealerships this whole Oakville thing seems pretty mysterious... no news at all it seems.

From my -- very mild it should be noted -- 1st winter experience, more Supercharger stations are needed around Toronto, especially in the west, both South eg. Oakville and somewhere in the West off 401 eg. Trafalgar or Hwy 6.

Is it just an assumption that a new Service Centre will get as many and the best possible Superchargers just 'cuz they're Stores and Service Centres ? Seems I see the Lawrence Store using the SC's for customer cars at least as often as I see them being used by travelers.

If so, was Montreal a boo-boo or par for the course, ie. are the Superchargers (SC's) just a bonus that comes with Store + Service Centres (SC's ... oh noes I so hate acronyms ;) ??

And then if so, should the Store and Service Centre team not work WITH the Supercharger team to at least find a Service Centre location that has decent power ?

Here I am recommending policies, which can tie the arms of a growing, agile company... but they are needed, at some point, to some degree... or, at least I'd like to see a saturation blast of Supercharger stations in cold climate areas.

Brossard would be great as I take the 30 bypass...

There's no toll for EVs on the 30 bridge now, but unfortunately you have to be a Quebec resident and apply for a pass, etc. However, you can always ask and maybe if the attendant is in a good mood...

There are also several ferries (starting in Sorel-Tracy and going East) which waive the car surchage for EVs . It's a $3.50 to $49 value. Again, technically you have to show your Quebec registration and get a sticker, but they've been fairly friendly about it. Several reports are that they've granted the discount with the mention that you'll need the sticker for frequent crossings.