Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eastern Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hasn't CHAdeMO been in use in Japan for something like the past ten years? One would think they'd have worked out the kinks by now.

If the "standard" hasn't been defined incredibly precisely, then there's room for interpretation.

It's been used with just one car - the Nissan Leaf. Any chargers that have been built we designed to work with whatever peculiarities that car has.

I've had plenty of experience with inadequatly defined interfaces. They are the rule rather than the exception.

image.jpg

Barrie update: talked to to the worker doing the very fancy stone veneer enclosure and he indicated electricians would be hooking up supercharger next week as they were done. I asked about the transformer and he did not know about it. I wouldn't necessarily trust his info.

I kinda wish they hadn't put a SC in Barrie. Wouldn't Orillia or Hunstville on the 11 and another on the 400 directly opposite? This way, there would have been SC's half way to Sudbury and North Bay.
I find the SC in Barrie is far too close to Toronto. Cobourg and Kingston should have been the priorities as the Montreal/Toronto 401 route is by far, the most important stretch of highway in the country for automobiles.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

I found a way to help with interior heating is to wear one of those heated jackets or sweaters you can buy almost anywhere. Comes with a rechargeable battery you can plug in at night and it certainly helps to keep you warm on cold days.
This way, you can keep the interior of the car not as warm, save energy, and still feel warm. Works great in the car.

i think you are thinking of it from a GTA persons point of view. Personally, i feel that the supercharger is meant for people who live even more north and are going south towards toronto and need a charge. Also, it is a central hub and large city which makes the most sense due to how many people pass through it.

i think you are thinking of it from a GTA persons point of view. Personally, i feel that the supercharger is meant for people who live even more north and are going south towards toronto and need a charge. Also, it is a central hub and large city which makes the most sense due to how many people pass through it.

I personally think that it is primarily intended for cottage country people. Barrie allows them to service destinAtions on both 11 and 400. There are too few of us up here in Sudbury and North Bay, I think, for us to be the target group.

Completely agree. And also for those of us from GTA west. I live in Mississauga (on the border with Oakville) and I can't currently go skiing to Blue Mountain. We use ICE car for this and it's awful.

I personally think that it is primarily intended for cottage country people. Barrie allows them to service destinAtions on both 11 and 400. There are too few of us up here in Sudbury and North Bay, I think, for us to be the target group.

Not necessarily the target group, but it makes more sense then having it in barrie NOW and maybe a supercharger much more north later on. People going to the cottage can get a quick juice up to full battery and if your cottage is more than 300km north, then thats your own issue. People headed south from north bay for example, can get to barrie, juice up, and continue to toronto.

I honestly think barrie makes the most sense right now.

Completely agree. And also for those of us from GTA west. I live in Mississauga (on the border with Oakville) and I can't currently go skiing to Blue Mountain. We use ICE car for this and it's awful.

+1 same here, I would have thought the Westin or IntraWest would have put a few chargers up there, I am sure IntraWest could splurge on a few HPWC's. I head up 410, not going to go way over to the 400 to get to Blue.

Comber ON Supercharger now under construction. Pulled off the 401 in Comber this afternoon to see if I could find the site of this future Supercharger, and surprise it is already under construction with the area fenced off and Tesla boxes on site. Sorry for the one washed out picture.

2014-01-17 Comber ON SC 1.JPG
2014-01-17 Comber ON SC 2.JPG
2014-01-17 Comber ON SC 3.JPG
2014-01-17 Comber ON SC 4.JPG
2014-01-17 Comber ON SC 5.JPG

I kinda wish they hadn't put a SC in Barrie. Wouldn't Orillia or Hunstville on the 11 and another on the 400 directly opposite? This way, there would have been SC's half way to Sudbury and North Bay.

The 2016 Supercharger map shows Huntsville and North Bay as future sites. It will come.

Comber ON Supercharger now under construction. Pulled off the 401 in Comber this afternoon to see if I could find the site of this future Supercharger, and surprise it is already under construction with the area fenced off and Tesla boxes on site. Sorry for the one washed out picture.

Thanks for pics! Do you think they will be done by next weekend for my trip to the auto show in Detroit? Wishful thinking.

i thought that going from 80-100% takes 40 mins in an SC. That's hardly worth stopping on he way up.

Ive only done it once, but IIRC it was closer to 20 minutes. That said, I've heard that the E pack doesn't slow down charge rate as quickly as the earlier packs. Certainly not 40 minutes.

- - - Updated - - -
Not necessarily the target group, but it makes more sense then having it in barrie NOW and maybe a supercharger much more north later on. People going to the cottage can get a quick juice up to full battery and if your cottage is more than 300km north, then thats your own issue. People headed south from north bay for example, can get to barrie, juice up, and continue to toronto.

I honestly think barrie makes the most sense right now.
I agree. I would have preferred the northern side of Barrie, since the 300 km to Sudbury is a bit of a stretch in the depths of winter. Alas, I'll take it.