Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eastern Canada Superchargers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Charging at Kingston right now and it tells me time remaing on charge. adjusts right away if i move slider. I assume part of 6.2. Pretty cool. Anyone else notice in 6.2 there is now a 0 before clock time when less than 10 oclock? 95% sure it wasnt there before. Not sure why it bugs me but it does, lol.

That 0 was not there before. 100% sure since I looked at my old photos when I took pictures at the end of each month.
funny, that preceding 0 was the first thing I noticed in 6.2. It bugs me to everytime I check the time (okay, except between 10:00 and 12:59)
--I tried putting it to 24hr time format, and switching it back, but it didn't get rid of it.

I noticed that 0 immediately. I thought maybe I'd lost my mind.

I took my first major drive this weekend to Windsor. First, it is extremely easy to use the superchargers. The ratio of time charging to time driving is perfect. It was actually quite remarkable how fast my "A" battery charges. We did not feel like we had to wait around at all. This summer I have to make two trips to Sherbrooke from Toronto. I have no worries.

The trip planner definitely needs some work. On our way home, we were well past the Comber charger yet the planner insisted that we go back 50km to charge before going to Woodstock. Also, it wanted us to drive past our house, stop and charge at the DVP and Lawrence site and then go back home. This feature is still in beta.

I am very impressed with the whole supercharger system. I wish I had thought of it.

I noticed that 0 immediately. I thought maybe I'd lost my mind.

I took my first major drive this weekend to Windsor. First, it is extremely easy to use the superchargers. The ratio of time charging to time driving is perfect. It was actually quite remarkable how fast my "A" battery charges. We did not feel like we had to wait around at all. This summer I have to make two trips to Sherbrooke from Toronto. I have no worries.

The trip planner definitely needs some work. On our way home, we were well past the Comber charger yet the planner insisted that we go back 50km to charge before going to Woodstock. Also, it wanted us to drive past our house, stop and charge at the DVP and Lawrence site and then go back home. This feature is still in beta.

I am very impressed with the whole supercharger system. I wish I had thought of it.

Lazman

I was in a similar boat (Tesla to) and headed to Detroit this past weekend. The trip planner did the same to me after Woodstock, ie turn around to recharge. So I did the unthinkable and read the updated owners manual onscreen. It recommends cancelling navigation guidance after each charge and then re-entering address (2 buttons as it is your most recent location). Maybe not ideal but it works.

On 2nd issue, re being directed to TO supercharger instead of your house, you have to delete "routing through supercharger" on your last leg, again not ideal but it works.

PS - anyone going to Detroit, I recommend the Anthenium Suites, 2 HPWCs (albeit only 40 amp) but the best parking in Town for a Tesla, they will treat you like a God and separate the seas to get all others out of your way.

DeIce on!

Excellent news! Now, hopefully the crew from Comber will move on to Cobourg, the crew from Syracuse (almost done) will move on to Buffalo, and the crew from Drummondville will move on to Levis!

From the Buffalo SC thread, I see construction has started at Buffalo/Clarence, also reflected at supercharge.info. YAY!! As you thought, it is apparently the crew from Syracuse. http://www.teslamotorsclub.com/showthread.php/25873-Buffalo-Supercharger-Updates/page10.

Anyone have any news yet on Cobourg?

I am new here. Just got my Model S 2 weeks ago. What a beautiful thing! Anyway.... Am driving to Nova Scotia this summer. Very glad to see the Drummondville SC up and running. Plan to stop in Riviere du Loup for a bit of charge to get me to Edmunston, N.B. And stay and charge overnight at the Best Western. Looks like a charge at Frederickton and Moncton. I bought a ChaDeMo connector from Tesla and it is in the mail, so I can use it in Truro N.S. Anybody have any suggestions / experiences doing this trip?

I am new here. Just got my Model S 2 weeks ago. What a beautiful thing! Anyway.... Am driving to Nova Scotia this summer. Very glad to see the Drummondville SC up and running. Plan to stop in Riviere du Loup for a bit of charge to get me to Edmunston, N.B. And stay and charge overnight at the Best Western. Looks like a charge at Frederickton and Moncton. I bought a ChaDeMo connector from Tesla and it is in the mail, so I can use it in Truro N.S. Anybody have any suggestions / experiences doing this trip?

I would monitor the supercharger roll out in eastern Quebec and be prepared to consider routing yourself through Maine in order to shorten the distance, reduce travel speed (extend range), and enjoy the superior scenery in the Eastern Townships and Maine.

I would monitor the supercharger roll out in eastern Quebec and be prepared to consider routing yourself through Maine in order to shorten the distance, reduce travel speed (extend range), and enjoy the superior scenery in the Eastern Townships and Maine.
I may be mistaken but it does not look any better through Maine when I look for charging sites than the Canadian route

I may be mistaken but it does not look any better through Maine when I look for charging sites than the Canadian route

You should be able to get the 390km from the Drummondville Supercharger to a Chademo charger at the Nisan dealership in Bangor, there is a 90amp Sun Country charger 150km down the road at the visitor centre in St Stephen, and then a variety of options 270km later at hotels in Moncton. Moreover, the scenery is far superior compared to the drudgery of the St. Lawrence Valley and the TransCanada through New Brunswick.

There will be CHAdeMO in Quebec City by this Summer, this will speed charging up before the arrival of the Levis and Riviere du Loup Superchargers. One problem with cutting through Maine is the border crossing. I didn't have any problems last Summer, but last month they searched my car on both sides of the border, wasting almost an hour each time. It is also tough to rely on a Nissan dealer where the sole CHAdeMO station may break down often and only be accessible during business hours.

Will the ChaDeMo in Quebec City be right in the city or closer to Autoroute 20? I did already get a Circuit Electrique card just in case I needed it going through la Belle Province. To be honest I hate going through the border if I can avoid it and Now that I think of it I do remember the slow grinding drive with no passing lanes when I drove through upper Maine in the 1990s, in a Miata.

Will the ChaDeMo in Quebec City be right in the city or closer to Autoroute 20?

There are three announced for Spring or Summer. Unfortunately, the only firm date for construction (should start within two weeks) I've heard is for the one farthest from the 20, at the CAA-Quebec near the intersection of 40 and 73, making a 30 km detour round-trip from the 20. One of the three is one planned for June for the St-Romuald sector of Levis, a stone's throw from the 20, but it could be delayed. It is to be built in a new shopping center that is itself still under construction, so who knows when they will be ready to accept the CHAdeMO installation. To give you an idea, a Costco opened last month there that was originally scheduled for September 2014.