Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

easy entry secret

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not being able to make it work is pretty ambiguous. If you explain exactly what the problem is then that might help people help you.

Also note that easy entry is only available in the newest firmware (it’s definitely in 2017.46 and maybe 2017.44, but not before that). If you’re still on an older firmware then you’ll need to wait until your car is updated.

My car (MS75D) is three weeks old. I don’t know how to access the update numbers. I just got the Easy Entry update and I went into Driver Profiles to set it up. I reviewed the settings after I attempted to implement the update. The Driver Profile screen shows my name and the easy entry box is checked next to my name. It says “linked to key fob1” which is my fob. However, when I enter and exit the vehicle the steering wheel does not move and the seat does not move. Has anyone tried Easy Entry and made it work?

Easy Entry is simply another driver profile that becomes current when you a) have it selected as the option in your driver profile and b) you put the car in park

Do this... put the car in park, observe that the easy entry profile is selected, now move the seat and steering wheel to where you want for entry and exit of the car, save that to the easy entry profile. Now when you enter the car, operate the brake pedal and the car will move to your profile.

There is only one easy entry profile so pick a seat position and steering wheel position that works for all drivers.

• Helpful
Reactions: Big Earl
Select the easy entry profile and make sure that the steering wheel and seat is actually set differently than your profile. It could be switching to easy entry but if its is loaded as the same seat and wheel setting as your profile then you wouldn't notice. Make a drastic change of the seat and steering wheel under the easy entry setting and then try it.

I haven’t been able to make “easy entry” work on my new MS 75D. I have a suspicion the secret is in the lock settings. Has anyone figured this out? Thanks for the help.

I believe you are assuming that there is a preset position for the Easy Entry profile. There is not. You may have skipped the instructions on the pop-up screen. You must set the steering wheel and/or seat in the position that you prefer and then save those settings.

This YouTube video that I just found walks you through it. Skip to the 3-minute mark.

Things I discovered with Easy Entry:
  • It's better to have minimal adjustments, otherwise the process takes too long. For instance, if you have the steering wheel move in and out and also up and down, you will be waiting a while. Up/down has to wait for in/out to finish its movement. Same with the seat. Either do up/down or in/out, but not both, unless you are extremely patient.
  • Easy Entry engages using Summon. No one is in the car, however the driver's regular profile is activated when the car pulls itself out of your garage, only to immediately revert to your Easy Entry setting when it stops moving. Then your regular profile setting initiates once again after you get in the car a moment later. Lots of wasted movement IMO.

Easy Entry is simply another driver profile that becomes current when you a) have it selected as the option in your driver profile and b) you put the car in park

Do this... put the car in park, observe that the easy entry profile is selected, now move the seat and steering wheel to where you want for entry and exit of the car, save that to the easy entry profile. Now when you enter the car, operate the brake pedal and the car will move to your profile.

There is only one easy entry profile so pick a seat position and steering wheel position that works for all drivers.
That worked, thank you!

It's better to have minimal adjustments, otherwise the process takes too long. For instance, if you have the steering wheel move in and out and also up and down, you will be waiting a while. Up/down has to wait for in/out to finish its movement. Same with the seat. Either do up/down or in/out, but not both, unless you are extremely patient.

I made the mistake too of having the easy entry settings move my seat and steering wheel. Ideally I would only have the steering wheel move up all of the way. Unfortunately I haven’t figured how to perfectly match my driver profile seat settings with my easy entry settings, so now my seat always moves a bit before my steering wheel raises up. I found this annoying enough that I dont use easy entry. Does anyone know how to reset the easy entry settings and have it match the driver profile settings?

Does anyone know how to reset the easy entry settings and have it match the driver profile settings?

The easiest method I found to reset the Easy Entry settings to match your regular profile settings (basically start over) is to delete the Easy Entry profile in the settings menu. Then re-select the checkbox next to your profile in settings. This will initiate the popup to recreate your Easy Entry profile, beginning in the starting position of your regular profile.

My seat also moves a little back and forth with Easy Entry, but at least it does this at the same time the steering wheel is moving down/up.

Last edited: