Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EDD For Tesla MYP Jan. 2023 Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unfortunately the wife is against the white interior as she is too worried jeans will rub off on them and just being an overall nightmare to keep clean? Anyone able to comment on this?
I think if you do an interior ceramic coating they are pretty safe. They are certainly easy to clean being vinyl. However, I've also read stories on here where people only had the car for a week and then had blue stain they couldn't remove.

Recent video on how easy they clean for regular dirt....dye transfer may be a different story but with a sacrificial ceramic coating layer it may be okay...and caution.

I took delivery of a Model Y Performance on January 18th at the Scottsdale Raintree delivery center. The delivery went smoothly. I didn't need any training because this was my 4th new Tesla delivery. All were white with black interior.

One cheap change Tesla made was to delete the rear license plate frame. It cost $40 at Tesla Shop.

The car had 4 miles on the odometer.

I posted this previously.

We ordered the same build as yours on Jan 13th. Original EDD was Jan 22 - Feb 1 for delivery in Richmond BC. EDD updated yesterday to Feb 1 - March 1 now. Guessing ours will be on the same truck into Canada lol
We ordered a Grey MYP
That would be great. Mine still says TBD today.
We ordered a grey MYP on Jan 19 for delivery in Richmond, BC. Original EDD was Jan-Feb and the employees at the dealership were saying that we should expect it really soon. But my EDD updated today to Feb 20-Mar 27. Has anyone had theirs changed back to a sooner date?

White MYP w/ Black interior and tow hitch
Located in BC, Canada 🇨🇦 but delivery to Alberta
Ordered: Jan 14, 2023 @ 2:05 pm MT
Original EDD: Jan - Feb 2033
EDD updated Jan 18: Feb 3 - Mar 3, 2033
EDD updated Jan 23: TBD ☹️
Mine still says “Estimated Delivery: TBD”. Bank of Canada increased rates by .5% yesterday so I hope I don’t lose my rate. At this point I have no idea when to expect my MYP.

Mine still says “Estimated Delivery: TBD”. Bank of Canada increased rates by .5% yesterday so I hope I don’t lose my rate. At this point I have no idea when to expect my MYP.
They mentioned at the dealership that Tesla changes their rates on the 1st of the month. I wonder if you could cancel your application and reapply on the 31st. It might be worth a visit to them and confirming?

They mentioned at the dealership that Tesla changes their rates on the 1st of the month. I wonder if you could cancel your application and reapply on the 31st. It might be worth a visit to them and confirming?
Interesting. I thought in Canada the banks controlled the rates, not Tesla since they don’t finance directly. It’s a 3 hour drive to visit the delivery center but [email protected] was quick to respond last week when I emailed so that would be easier.

I’m trying to be patient since I know they’re overwhelmed with orders but the TBD status is really annoying. A date range would make waiting less stressful even if the dates fluctuate.

This is my concern as well :( based on their "Loan approvals are valid for 90 days and rates are valid for 30 days from the application date." they have until Feb 13th to deliver otherwise I'm not sure what happens after that.. does the loan approval automatically get bumped with regards to the interest rate? since the application is supposed to be valid for 90 days...

Deep Blue Metallic MYLR/19" Gemini Wheels/ Black Premium Interior/Five Seat/Autopilot
OD: 1/18/2023 (4 pm CST)
Estimated Delivery: Jan - Mar 2023

1/25/2023 I changed my order to an available-in-stock MYP and received the VIN# via text and email.
EDD is now 02/06 - 02/12 😁
Model Y Performance Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
Solid Black Paint
Performance Upgrade
21’’ Überturbine Wheels
All Black Premium Interior
Five Seat Interior
Autopilot

If you want white interior there are MYPs sitting in Vancouver inventory for immediate delivery in every color but black. But no black interiors.
We caved, and ended up changing our order for one of these white interior inventory vehicles that are in stock at the Vancouver delivery location. Looked at a lot of youtube vids on the white interior, and doesn't look too bad once a ceramic coat is applied. Delivery booked for Feb 4th at 10am! Excited!...

We caved, and ended up changing our order for one of these white interior inventory vehicles that are in stock at the Vancouver delivery location. Looked at a lot of youtube vids on the white interior, and doesn't look too bad once a ceramic coat is applied. Delivery booked for Feb 4th at 10am! Excited!...
Congrats. As much as I’d love ours sooner we just can’t do a white interior. My hubby works at a coal mine and this will be his commuter car. Coal dust just turns everything brown and I don’t want the maintenance. Plus it would also be a 12 hour drive to get home from Vancouver. So we’ll hold out for a black interior.

My EDD still says TBD and no VIN yet. Hopefully we’ll hear something in the next week or so. I’m assuming it’s TBD as we have a unique delivery situation so they likely turned off dynamic delivery date updates. Prior EDD was Feb 3 - Mar 3.

Congrats. As much as I’d love ours sooner we just can’t do a white interior. My hubby works at a coal mine and this will be his commuter car. Coal dust just turns everything brown and I don’t want the maintenance. Plus it would also be a 12 hour drive to get home from Vancouver. So we’ll hold out for a black interior.

My EDD still says TBD and no VIN yet. Hopefully we’ll hear something in the next week or so. I’m assuming it’s TBD as we have a unique delivery situation so they likely turned off dynamic delivery date updates. Prior EDD was Feb 3 - Mar 3.
Thanks!.... Yes I totally understand and would also insist on the black if I were in your shoes! I tried to ask my SA when I spoke to him on the phone whether they knew when the black interior vehicles would be available and unfortunately he said they didn't know. I more or less wanted to lock in the interest rate on our financing before anything changed with the rest of things going up. Also not sure if this is common practice, but I was asking for the VIN, and the SA said they don't provide that info until the delivery date. So I have no idea what factory this vehicle was from.

Thanks!.... Yes I totally understand and would also insist on the black if I were in your shoes! I tried to ask my SA when I spoke to him on the phone whether they knew when the black interior vehicles would be available and unfortunately he said they didn't know. I more or less wanted to lock in the interest rate on our financing before anything changed with the rest of things going up. Also not sure if this is common practice, but I was asking for the VIN, and the SA said they don't provide that info until the delivery date. So I have no idea what factory this vehicle was from.
My understanding is all MYP’s come from Fremont.

Reactions: VancityMYP