Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EDD For Tesla MYP Jan. 2023 Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I just switched from mylr to my due to the tax change.

When I went back to the app after the change my EDD had changed from a month to a two week window. Hope it is true.

OOD:1/14
EDD: Feb/March
Updated EDD: Feb 3 - March 3
White/White, tow hitch
Switch date: 2/4 at 2am EST
Updated EDD: 2/12-2/26

MYP/Black/White/21"/Tow Hitch/5 Seats
OD: 1/27
EDD: 2/4 - 2/10
Delivery Location: Nashville, TN
No Vin

UPDATE!

IMG_3974.jpegIMG_3975.jpeg

Just an FYI, the part you crossed out on that VIN is a standard set of characters....if you want to hide your VIN I'd cross out the last 3-6 unique characters. Although I don't really get why people hide their VINs when they can be read off by anyone looking at your car in person.
Yeah, great point. Never thought about that but what you said makes perfect sense.

Do the performance versions ship before or faster than the lr versions or is that just a myth?
In 2021 and 2022 it was true. Ordering a MYP got you a car in ~ 3months. Ordering a LR took minimum 6 months and up to 12 months for some unfortunate souls (mostly people who ordered fall of 2021).

Currently we don't really know as very few were ordering MYP when it didn't qualify so yes people were getting MYP within a few weeks of ordering. Now it is a whole different ball game as there seems to be a lot of people switching to MYP.

Tesla has always liked to deliver MYP faster as I think they have larger margins on it....I mean how much can it cost them for fake brake covers, a stick on spoiler and a red underline badge?? ;) I think the wheels and tires are the only thing that costs them any significant money over a LR. Not sure how much the different rear motor would be??

Reactions: KangThe
So far most of MYP VINs I’ve seen assigned were inventory MYP’s. I’m still waiting and I ordered a white MYP on Jan 14 in 🇨🇦. Hoping I’m ahead of the new influx of orders for MYP’s but sounds like I’ll likely get bumped by pre-Jan 14 order switchers ☹️ as that’s what historically happened.

Tesla has always liked to deliver MYP faster as I think they have larger margins on it....I mean how much can it cost them for fake brake covers, a stick on spoiler and a red underline badge?? ;) I think the wheels and tires are the only thing that costs them any significant money over a LR. Not sure how much the different rear motor would be??
Stronger rear motor too I believe. (just trying to justify the price difference to myself lol)

Mine switched from 02/20-03-27 to 02/22-03/22. Not much improvement. I ordered MYP in MSM; order date 01/19. Been reading that radars might be added back to these. Any word if new builds will have them?

Last edited: