Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EDD For Tesla MYP Jan. 2023 Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That’s my requested build but I’m in 🇨🇦 ☹️. There’s 3 inventory MYP’s in Calgary and 7 near Vancouver but they all have white interiors. Maybe I don’t get mine until they sell those ones.
I've never heard of them waiting to sell off inventory before delivering custom orders. They want the sale and will get you your car as soon as they can. The one in AZ probably had someone back out after it was shipped and I guess no one on the list for that config at that location to assign it to??

I've never heard of them waiting to sell off inventory before delivering custom orders. They want the sale and will get you your car as soon as they can. The one in AZ probably had someone back out after it was shipped and I guess no one on the list for that config at that location to assign it to??
I know. I was just being pouty and moping. 😆

Reactions: arbitrage000
OD 1/15 11:35PM PST. Dated 1/16 order agreement.
W/B/20
OG EDD 2/10-3/21
swapped to MYP on 2/3/23 before Tesla changed on website.
Updated EDD 2/10-3/10
Updated EDD 2/14-2/28
So Cal LA
No VIN
No updates from today, expecting update at midnight to be pushed further away.
Tower CU extended 2.25% rate until 3/13
Vin Issued. Pickup in 3 days…

Tower now closed tomorrow..

Last edited:
Reactions: sdq_11 and Wu01ok
I have a similar timeline... Hopefully rapid results.

OD 1/15 11:52PM PST. Dated 1/16 order agreement.
MYP/B/B No add ons
OG EDD 2/20-3/20
Updated to MYP on 2/3/23 before Tesla changed on website.
Updated 2/14 EDD 2/20-3/6
So Cal LA
Vin assigned

Last edited:
Leading between the lines here, based on this thread and the main EDD thread: seems Tesla is prioritizing performance over LR.
MYP dates moved up while LR dates have moved back.

My EDD window unchanged, 2/16 to 3/2... still impatiently waiting on VIN

that was the case before IRS expanded the cap on Y to $80k. now more people are ditching their LR for MYP, therefore i do see longer wait for MPY for those have not received VIN, which includes me.

No, there weren’t many customs orders ORIGINALLY for MYP. But plenty, like myself, that CHANGED from MYLR to MYP. And since my original order date was 1/23 it would still supersede any new MYLR (or MYP) orders made afterwards.
Please read my initial post.
I was merely pointing out that EDDs have changed in favor of MYPs over MYLRs.
Did not say a word regarding OD.
In conclusion, there's no obvious rhyme or reason behind Tesla's deliveries :D

Please read my initial post.
I was merely pointing out that EDDs have changed in favor of MYPs over MYLRs.
Did not say a word regarding OD.
In conclusion, there's no obvious rhyme or reason behind Tesla's deliveries :D
Only Tesla knows the algorithm, we can only guess: OD + inventory match + interior color (quantity on-hand) + exterior color (built in batches\waves) + options (FSD, etc) + model type + delivery location

I might have made some errors below, after a while I almost gave up on finishing the post

Person A (first): OD 1/18/23 + inventory match + black interior (from both TX and CA factory)+ FSD + MYLR (made from both TX and CA factory) + East Coast (longer transit, VIN assigned first half of month\quarter)

Person B (second): OD 1/18/23 + custom order + black interior + FSD + M3 (made from both TX and CA factory) + mid-West (medium transit, VIN assigned before end of month\quarter)

Person C (third): OD 1/13/23 + custom order + black interior + no-FSD + MYP (not from TX, made from CA factory) CA\TX near factory (short transit, VIN assigned towards end of month\quarter)

Person D (fourth): OD 1/13/23 + custom order + white interior (early on TX did not have white, but they may now) + no-FSD + MYP (not from TX, made from CA factory) + CA\TX near factory (short transit, VIN assigned towards end of month\quarter)

Person E (fifth): OD 1/19/23 + everything else same as above

Person F (sixth): OD 1/24/23 + custom order + white interior (early on TX did not have white, but they may now) + no FSD + M3 (not from TX, made from CA factory) + CA\TX near factory (short transit, VIN assigned towards end of month\quarter)