Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

EDD For Tesla MYP Jan. 2023 Orders

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The wait is over! Picked up 3/8. Mostly good as far as quality. Panels gaps seemed to be near perfect. Only major issue is the alignment seems a little off. There was a tiny black spec in the paint on one of the doors, so hopefully that can be fixed easily.
IMG_5443.JPEG

I picked up my red/black MYP this morning. Everything went smoothly and the car is perfect. I have to say this new comfort suspension is night and day better than what came on my wife’s blue MYLR back in June of last year. We replaced the suspension on that one with Redwood’s GT Ohlins setup. I’m almost ready to say I prefer the OEM MYP suspension over the Ohlins. But I want to get a few more miles on it before I announce that judgment. I was sure I’d want to at least replace the 21” Uberturbines with something smaller, but now I’m thinking there’s no need.
I would like a little more sidewall bulge to protect the rims. Maybe 265/40 in front and 295/40 in the rear.

Reactions: chobra and Mr_Joe
I should have been more clear 😬. Can I pay via the app at the time of pickup of car? It’s hard for me to pay it without actually seeing it first.
Mine took a few days to leave my account, but I'm not sure if this was part of the process or if Tesla elected to take payment a few days later. In the app, that step gets cleared immediately after you make the transference using Plaid. I would txt them and confirm.

MYLR 5-MSM-Black Interior-Gemini-No additional options. San Antonio, Texas

Order Date 1/19, EDD January - March
-1/25 - EDD 2/20 - 3/27, no VIN.
-2/5 - updated EDD 2/17 - 3/17, no VIN.
-2/18 - updated EDD 2/20 - 3/6, no VIN.
-2/21 - updated EDD 2/21 - 3/6, no VIN.

Between 2/21 and 2/25 - EDD updated for the next day, then updated to 3/8 - 3/22, still no VIN.

-2/24 - got text message saying VIN will be assigned in 1-2 weeks.
-3/9 - updated EDD 3/18-3/31, still no VIN.

Wanted to see if anyone can give me some insight. This is going to be our first Tesla. Got our VIN assigned today for MYP white/black (PF697), pick up location SoCal. We never had been assigned an SA, we have just been calling Tesla for any questions. After getting the VIN today, we called and asked the customer representative what the build date was and we were told it was Feb 2023 (and they could not see a specific date). From what I gather on this thread, it seems like PF697 was probably built around Feb 22-24? Just curious to see if you guys think this might be a reject? Or is this the usual turn around time for when the car is built to VIN assignment/delivery. Will the customer service representative know or even tell us if this was rejected?

Just picked up the car yesterday morning. The staff were very nice and friendly. Everything was nearly perfect, nothing major that we saw to cause a rejection. There were some minor scratches, a few random little red dots/marks on the paint, and a small blister on the A pillar fabric that we noticed but overall we are very happy with how everything turned out :)

On a side note: our initial order was for the Long Range but our EDD kept getting pushed back and we were worried we wouldn't be able to get it before the change in federal EV rebate. So we decided to change to the Performance hoping to get it sooner (which we did). It was our first time driving the performance yesterday after pick up as our test drive was the Long Range and we love it! So glad we decided to do the switch.

Attachments

• tempImageIEJ1lI.png
    tempImageIEJ1lI.png
    4.4 MB · Views: 68
  • IMG_9063.jpg
    IMG_9063.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_9065.jpg
    IMG_9065.jpg
    304.9 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_9079.jpg
    IMG_9079.jpg
    327.9 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_9082.jpg
    IMG_9082.jpg
    394.2 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_9085.jpg
    IMG_9085.jpg
    599.1 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_9084.jpg
    IMG_9084.jpg
    285.1 KB · Views: 66
Reactions: -Amanda
Im in Texas waiting for my MYP as well and my understanding is that full payment must be made prior to pick up.
I should have been more clear 😬. Can I pay via the app at the time of pickup of car? It’s hard for me to pay it without actually seeing it first.