Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Edit Design without affecting price now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks. It must be a Houston based thing. I’ll keep refreshing and telling my wife about the MYP. Lol
It must be. Because @carpendj got his VIN in less than 24 hours after he cahnged and he verified with tesla that it is being loaded in the train to houston. so they may have MYP in fremont and as houston people are changing it they can add more on trucks. wish that was the case for east cost. i am sure there will still be bit of a waiting period for east cost.

Reactions: Jones1
It must be. Because @carpendj got his VIN in less than 24 hours after he cahnged and he verified with tesla that it is being loaded in the train to houston. so they may have MYP in fremont and as houston people are changing it they can add more on trucks. wish that was the case for east cost. i am sure there will still be bit of a waiting period for east cost.
I was also thinking the color combo. Seats and exterior. Probably makes a difference too. Im White on White. I thought about dropping the white seats. But I’ve never had white seats. So I have to go all in.

I thought I read further back Someone from NJ got a vin the next day after changing?

I was also thinking the color combo. Seats and exterior. Probably makes a difference too. Im White on White. I thought about dropping the white seats. But I’ve never had white seats. So I have to go all in.

I thought I read further back Someone from NJ got a vin the next day after changing?
I didnt Read that, but If that’s the case I’m hopeful :). Do not change from white seats they do look amazing. I personally Can’t go white but if u really like it i think U should keep it because if you don’t and see some one else’s car you will be so jealous lol

Just to correct something. I am in Austin and the other guy is in Houston. I suspect both our cars are on the same train out here. Houston about 4 hours drive away. When I called Tesla, they turned on the car and checked where it was. They said it was at the railroad in Fremont. Pretty impressive.

I test drove a Performance with the white seats on a hot and sunny Austin Texas day. It almost left me blind. lol. The reflection off the white dashboard and seats was brutal.

• Helpful
Reactions: BGOwner
I test drove a Performance with the white seats on a hot and sunny Austin Texas day. It almost left me blind. lol. The reflection off the white dashboard and seats was brutal.
Yes I never thought of that. The reflection could be brutal in summer. So techincally you can't drive white interior in summer without sunglasses lol.
MY EDD holding steady after changing to MYP. I am hopeful since the EDD has not changed.

• Funny
Reactions: Jones1 and carpendj
I did a test drive in a white interior MSM Y. But it was in the Woodlands Texas. Where there is a lot of shade. From landscaping / Trees all over the place. So I didn’t notice that issue. Thanks tho. It’s something to consider.

Reactions: carpendj
I did a test drive in a white interior MSM Y. But it was in the Woodlands Texas. Where there is a lot of shade. From landscaping / Trees all over the place. So I didn’t notice that issue. Thanks tho. It’s something to consider.
I had planned to get White until that test drive. The reflection was just too much. I have also seen blue denim causing stains. They do look good though.

I just spoke to Tesla and confirmed that my new Performance has the All season tires, the AMD proc and the heated wipers. Does not come with the PPF and mud flaps due to my location. I will have to buy those myself. I am seeing that support is much better once you get a VIN assigned. You can get someone quickly and someone who knows what they are talking about.

So I’m the Tesla app. It tells me Manage my account. Then I click on the blue link. It opens in my browser and tells me to prepare for delivery. I usually get the manage my account. When I have to update my trade in. But I did that last week. 🤔

Attachments

• A9526BCE-5DCA-419C-AB64-7396732472D3.png
    A9526BCE-5DCA-419C-AB64-7396732472D3.png
    351.5 KB · Views: 71
So I’m the Tesla app. It tells me Manage my account. Then I click on the blue link. It opens in my browser and tells me to prepare for delivery. I usually get the manage my account. When I have to update my trade in. But I did that last week. 🤔
i thought we would be getting VINs. But this might just be Application update or UI update. almost every one is seeing this.

I just spoke to Tesla and confirmed that my new Performance has the All season tires, the AMD proc and the heated wipers. Does not come with the PPF and mud flaps due to my location. I will have to buy those myself. I am seeing that support is much better once you get a VIN assigned. You can get someone quickly and someone who knows what they are talking about.
Will you be buying Tesla Mud flaps just for front or a complete set from a third party?

Will you be buying Tesla Mud flaps just for front or a complete set from a third party?
I already ordered the Tesla Model Y All-Weather Protection package for $90 about an hour ago. (PPF and mud flaps). I am sure I could buy some chinese product from Amazon for less but I do not have time to research which ones the best. I would rather spend the time putting together my music play list to test out the Tesla Audio system. :)

And I also just looked the app and it forced me to go to the web site to manage my reservation. I figured it was because my Credit Union just paid for the car. So strange to have paid for a car and insured it and I have not even seen it yet. Lets hope those panel gaps are not too big. :)

I already ordered the Tesla Model Y All-Weather Protection package for $90 about an hour ago. (PPF and mud flaps). I am sure I could buy some chinese product from Amazon for less but I do not have time to research which ones the best. I would rather spend the time putting together my music play list to test out the Tesla Audio system. :)

And I also just looked the app and it forced me to go to the web site to manage my reservation. I figured it was because my Credit Union just paid for the car. So strange to have paid for a car and insured it and I have not even seen it yet. Lets hope those panel gaps are not too big. :)
I agree. I like the look of 4 mud flaps vs 2. But it’s easier to get the $90 with PPF. Then later upgrade as the wear down. I’m nervous about paying first too. But I will have to get over that too. 😆