Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eibach Releases Performance Pack Lowering Springs

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Probably just an optical illusion but I've never seen a lowered Tesla where it didn't look like either the back was sagging or there were 20s in the front and 19s in the back. Can't stand that look personally. I get it with the 1" up front and 1.4" in the back obviously, but I'm not sure why it seems to happen on the equal ones as well.

Thanks for the insight. So how could we avoid neg camber with springs? As far as I can recall rear camber arms would help with coilovers, would that also help with springs? How do we also avoid rake look?

You really can’t avoid negative camber without other modifications. Again, a little negative camber is actually a good thing. At 1 degree negative, it’s actually perfect.

In terms of rakes or reverse rakes, that is just based on the Springs size/design. You’ll want to buy springs that give the look/height you want. Based on published specs, the Eibachs seem to lower the rear .1-.2” lower than others, so maybe another brand is better if you want more of a raked look.

You really can’t avoid negative camber without other modifications. Again, a little negative camber is actually a good thing. At 1 degree negative, it’s actually perfect.

In terms of rakes or reverse rakes, that is just based on the Springs size/design. You’ll want to buy springs that give the look/height you want. Based on published specs, the Eibachs seem to lower the rear .1-.2” lower than others, so maybe another brand is better if you want more of a raked look.

I want the opposite of a raked look. I want my car to be lower but not have that stance look if that makes any sense? Any suggestions?

I want the opposite of a raked look. I want my car to be lower but not have that stance look if that makes any sense? Any suggestions?

I hear you. I think Tesla’s design language doesn’t look good with any rake. I find the Eibachs to be very clean. Some report they feel the rear appears slightly too low. I don’t see it and am happy.

See post 73 for a pretty long summary:

I hear you. I think Tesla’s design language doesn’t look good with any rake. I find the Eibachs to be very clean. Some report they feel the rear appears slightly too low. I don’t see it and am happy.

See post 73 for a pretty long summary:

Thanks. As this is the first car I'm going to mod and after reviewing and reading from this thread, one thing that I have not fully quite understand and am hesitant to pull the trigger is reading something about struck/shock issues?? I have no plans on taking it to the track, should I worry about this? I do intend to keep the car for a long time.

• Funny
Reactions: DB-Cooper
Thanks. As this is the first car I'm going to mod and after reviewing and reading from this thread, one thing that I have not fully quite understand and am hesitant to pull the trigger is reading something about struck/shock issues?? I have no plans on taking it to the track, should I worry about this? I do intend to keep the car for a long time.

What about the struts are you worried about? The spring rates on these springs aren’t wildly different from OEM.

I believe I read something back in this thread that they would have to be replace sooner than OEM or something like that?

I mean it's certainly possible, but it's probably one of those cases where it'd be marginally faster wear. I think a lot of what you've read is based on sort of the history of car lowering culture. I wrote about this earlier, but lowering cars really came to popularity in the 90s with Japanese compact cars. Notably the Honda Civic. The Honda Civic is a true economy car, it was never designed to be sporty (certain models, SI, etc. later filled that gap). People threw very aggressive lowering springs on those cars. Also, the market was demanding very stiff springs as that was what people wanted. Stiff means higher spring rates and more stress on dampners. So you had very aggressive springs, very high spring rates and factor struts that were built for cost and compliance, not performance. Even then, most people just replaced the struts with reasonable upgrades later (Koni, Tokico, KYB, etc.). Given the popularity of the Model 3 and lowering, it's possible reasonable aftermarket struts become available years down the road. Shocks aren't that expensive so even if you have an issue years down the road, it's not going to be some huge expense.

I've been lowering cars since the mid-90s, and I've lowered both econo cars and sports cars. I think if you look at people doing mild lowering on high-end cars (BMW M3, Audi S cars, etc. for example), factory struts have proven to hold up well. The P3D should follow that theme. Also, the spring kits for these cars (and the Tesla) aren't designed for bone jarring rides, the spring rates aren't ridiculously higher as was the case with the econo car scene. The market for people lowering $50K+ sedans requires more compliant rides and thus softer springs.

So while lowering springs and particularly ones with high spring rates do have the potential to wear out cheaper struts, the Model 3 Performance has reasonably performance oriented struts to begin with. Frankly, I think the struts with or without lowering springs will outlast most peoples' ownership of the car. You don't hear too often of sports cars having blown shocks, it's typically cars that have very cheap suspension systems where cost is the driving factor.

From TireRack.com, while this is mostly marketing jibberish to encourage people it's ok, but there's some truth there. :

Myth 1: If I buy lowering springs, I can't use my original shocks.

Fact: Springs that produce mild lowering of about an inch work well with newer factory shocks. In fact, Eibach's Pro-Kit Spring Set and even their more aggressive Sportline Spring Set are designed around a vehicle's original suspension.

• Informative
Reactions: NJturtlePower
Would the performance springs Lift Kits, Lowering Springs, Race Springs, Shocks & Sway Bars. Work on an awd non performance m3?

I would recommend contacting Eibach to find out what the correct part number is for your specific vehicle. I chatted with them last week and they are great.
Their website is not very good and they have a unique set for the majority of the different variants. People have used springs not specifically designed for their vehicle and ended with reverse rake or an unexpected drop.

Strongly considering Eibach Pro-Kits but am hesitant because I've had Ohlin's based coilover systems on my 2 prior cars and am interested primarily in aesthetics and comfort moreso than performance. While there are plenty of folks here that seem happy with overall comfort, I want to know if anyone has had passengers (especially in the rear) and how rough it became with the Eibachs in place. So, any complaints from passengers??

My P3D is really intended as a fun commuting car for me (120 miles a day once stay at home goes away!).

Please post pictures of your car once you have installed them. Cant wait!!
Installed this weekend. Photos a
L side.JPG
LF.JPG
LR.JPG
RF.JPG
s requested:

Strongly considering Eibach Pro-Kits but am hesitant because I've had Ohlin's based coilover systems on my 2 prior cars and am interested primarily in aesthetics and comfort moreso than performance. While there are plenty of folks here that seem happy with overall comfort, I want to know if anyone has had passengers (especially in the rear) and how rough it became with the Eibachs in place. So, any complaints from passengers??
Myself and passengers are experiencing stock ride quality with Eibachs.

Reactions: TypeRx