Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Eliminated the Center Console "Black Hole"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After reading posts about items, such as cell phones, sliding back in the gap between the dash storage cubby and the sliding door console storage area, I decided to eliminate this problem.
I had some scrap black soft shipping foam. I cut off a 3/4" slice and pushed it back into the gap. Hard to tell from the photos because of the flash, but the black foam blends in with the black console and cubby.
If you try this, make sure the foam isn't too thick or it will push down on the top cover of the console and prevent the sliding door from operating.

IMG_20170225_161712628.jpg IMG_20170225_161726769.jpg

It was my understanding that someone lost something (eg. credit card) sitting on the console door, between door and the console. So, about 1/8" lower and 1/2" in front of your foam. I could be wrong.
You are correct. It was a gift or credit card that slid in the gap between the sliding door and the lower cup holder cubby. But in that case, it slides back into the cup holder section. I was trying to eliminate the case, reported on the TM Forum, of an iPhone that slid all the way back under the dash cubby. This owner had to get the SC to remove the dash cubby to get to the phone.

@PedanticOne, I couldn't agree more. That gap under the dash cubby is just begging for lost items.