Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon already showed us the refreshed Model S!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This has nothing to do with "Model S 2". After the Model S refresh, Tesla screwed up how they listed and tested the vehicle and its components, and ended up obligated to sell every refresh Model S with the front license plate holder attached. They learned from that mistake and didn't repeat it on any of the other cars. This is why Tesla refuses to remove the front license plate holder for customers.

This has nothing to do with "Model S 2". After the Model S refresh, Tesla screwed up how they listed and tested the vehicle and its components, and ended up obligated to sell every refresh Model S with the front license plate holder attached. They learned from that mistake and didn't repeat it on any of the other cars. This is why Tesla refuses to remove the front license plate holder for customers.

I didn't realize that, thanks. So there's a chance it's a pure coincidence. Took off the video for now.
Doesn't the Model S on stage look super tinted compared to the other cars? Also the license plate really kills the look so I would have thought Tesla would remove it for the stage given how detail oriented they are

I didn't realize that, thanks. So there's a chance it's a pure coincidence. Took off the video for now.
Doesn't the Model S on stage look super tinted compared to the other cars? Also the license plate really kills the look so I would have thought Tesla would remove it for the stage given how detail oriented they are

And lastly, did Elon ever use the term 2nd production Model S before? The April 2016 was more of a facelift and I don't recall him using that term for that.

This is why Tesla refuses to remove the front license plate holder for customers.
And yet here in Australia where a front license plate is required in every state my car does not have a plate holder fitted, my front plate is stuck on with double sided 3M tape! The holes where the plate holder would have maybe been are plugged up, was like that from new.