Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon Considering Adding AirPlay to the Model S/X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
AirPlay can deliver higher-quality audio than Bluetooth, and "other improvements" is promising news.

Screen Shot 2022-05-27 at 1.49.55 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-05-27 at 1.49.55 AM.png

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: cwerdna
That would be a nice option to have. Is there any licensing fees with airplay? Such that it could be passed to the consumer? I wonder how that works for vehicles already sold. Is it like the garage door opener? Just another fee for service option?

Why not simply use Tidal? The sound is incredible on my 3.
Still trying to figure it out but so far I have not been impressed with Tidals algorithms or their overall offerings for my preferred genre of hard rock.

But speaking only for myself, my want for Carplay is more about other apps and overall integration more so than the audio quality improvement, was just hoping this might be the reason that finally gets them to consider it.

FWIW I just use the bluetooth for my phone. I was so disappointed that Teslas didn't have CarPlay until I finally got a Tesla in 2018. Haven't missed it since but to each their own. Bluetooth with the phone covers all my Apple Music needs and the quality is great. When I want to hear next level sound quality, which frankly is weird to do while driving, I use Tidal. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: DelPhonic1 and SO16
Airplay is not actually lossless, but I digress. It would be better to have Apple Music as an app rather than Airplay.
update:

Last edited:
Reactions: Propofoln
It would be great if this update would support Atmos (Spatial Audio)as apart of Apple Music. Still waiting to be able to hear Movies coded with Atmos on Netflix and Disney as well on the Tesla.
For sure. A long time Tesla owner turned Benz owner has been like a hyena that he can listen to Atmos in his car. I believe we don't have the same amount of speakers as the EQS, but Tesla software should be able to translate.

I would just love to be able to have native quality from the phone. Atmos or no.

Reactions: dojoyee