Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you think Elon is more gullible than most TMC folk? I still am not convinced that Elon is dumb enough to actually be impressed or have his mind-blown by the incremental FSD beta updates like v10, 10.8, etc...
You mean "two weeks" Elon who has pronounced Full Self Driving will happen in 15, 16, 17 ,18 ,19 ,20, 21 and 22?🤣

Do you think Elon is more gullible than most TMC folk? I still am not convinced that Elon is dumb enough to actually be impressed or have his mind-blown by the incremental FSD beta updates like v10, 10.8, etc...
It is about expectations.

As an "insider" struggling to get things working, you can be easily at a very different wavelength when it comes to what the improvements are and how much of an improvement something is.

I can only judge him from my own experience where execs boast about the smallest silly upgrade as highly "innovative". Compared to that what FSD team is doing is actually innovative and never done before.

Musk did Tweet it from an iPhone and it doesn't say Collision. He probably just saw it and thought it looked "knock your socks off".

IMG_0371.jpeg

Reactions: impastu
You know what happens with these releases. It’s going to be after midnight on Feb 28, I.e early March 1….it’ll then rollout to a small group of testers
The last few FSD Beta initial releases have been roughly 3 Fridays apart instead of the pre-holiday 2-week cycle:
  • 10.8 Dec 24th
  • 10.9 Jan 14th
  • 10.10 Feb 4th
The next 3rd Friday would be Feb 25th, so maybe we'll see some early indicators from TeslaFi/Teslascope in the next few days. That would still match up "FSD still on track for Canada in February? Yes"
But maybe he was referring to "the FSD button" getting released to Canada to then go through Safety Score requirements? Unless Canada FSD Beta will start like that in US with phone calls to a small group of testers? Or perhaps the next release is FSD Beta 11 and "safe" enough that scoring isn't required for wide release to both US and Canada?

Elon confirms that version of autopilot today will be replaced with a limited version of FSD. All the autopilot issues will go away such as phantom braking and a new set of issues will arrive, new phantom braking. :p
For non-FSD beta folks you may want to be VERY careful on future software releases. The last thing I want now is my radar being turned off, even with "reduced" PB events. Maybe I'm reading too much into Ellon's one-word tweats as of late. For me, it's working somewhat well with no PB and I'd prefer to keep it that way. Time to lag behind some software versions, it seems. BTW, I've never understood why so many want to upgrade immediately knowing it's going to break something, potentially critical. FOMO, I guess. I prefer functional.

For non-FSD beta folks you may want to be VERY careful on future software releases. The last thing I want now is my radar being turned off, even with "reduced" PB events. Maybe I'm reading too much into Ellon's one-word tweats as of late. For me, it's working somewhat well with no PB and I'd prefer to keep it that way. Time to lag behind some software versions, it seems. BTW, I've never understood why so many want to upgrade immediately knowing it's going to break something, potentially critical. FOMO, I guess. I prefer functional.
HW2.5 will be the new AP1. :D

• Funny
Reactions: EVNow