Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For non-FSD beta folks you may want to be VERY careful on future software releases. The last thing I want now is my radar being turned off, even with "reduced" PB events. Maybe I'm reading too much into Ellon's one-word tweats as of late. For me, it's working somewhat well with no PB and I'd prefer to keep it that way. Time to lag behind some software versions, it seems. BTW, I've never understood why so many want to upgrade immediately knowing it's going to break something, potentially critical. FOMO, I guess. I prefer functional.
I almost always want the latest software even though I know it’ll typically break a few things. That’s the software developer in me. I like to see the progress first hand even before it’s finished.

Elon didn't point that out- James did... Elon just laughed about it.

And that's.....a weird take... since they have $0.00 in earnings on actual autonomous features

All revenue for undelivered features can not be recognized until the features are delivered to customers.

Something James, being an accounting nerd, certainly knows.

And that's.....a weird take... since they have $0.00 in earnings on actual autonomous features

All revenue for undelivered features can not be recognized until the features are delivered to customers.

Then he would know a lot of the FSD revenue is already recognized for features being delivered. Only city driving is remaining.

Most of the FSD feature set has been delivered. Only Auto Steer on City Streets has not. They can break that out however they want and recognize revenue

Reactions: impastu
Then he would know a lot of the FSD revenue is already recognized for features being delivered. Only city driving is remaining.

Most of the FSD feature set has been delivered. Only Auto Steer on City Streets has not. They can break that out however they want and recognize revenue

But 0 of the delivered features are autonomous. They're all L2.

City streets will be as well.

So counting them as "autonomous" revenue makes little sense.

I don't care about stupid levels.

"Semi-autonomous" is still "autonomous".

It's really not though.

Nothing Tesla currently offers is capable of performing the entire dynamic driving task on its own. It always requires active human overnight.

This isn't about 'stupid levels' it's about fundamentally lacking the ability to safety drive without a human, or even be able to reliably tell when it needs a human to take over (which is why it's incapable of L3 operation).

Tesla intends future development that will add those capabilities, but they don't have them yet- and they've booked $0.00 in GAAP income for those things.

I don't care about stupid levels.

"Semi-autonomous" is still "autonomous".
Well then Toyota's revenue from selling cars with cruise-control (semi-autonomous) probably outpaces Tesla's by a factor of 5.

The argument of Waymo w/ Lidar vs Tesla's without is pointless in that they aren't designing, building, or marketing the same product. Waymo is making driverless taxis. Tesla is making consumer cars with advanced driver-assist features. No rational person actually believes that their current Tesla will be able to drive people around without a driver - not by the end of this year or by the end of this decade.

I call mine lots of things everyday, out loud and by myself (want to be sure the car hears me).🤬 Most unfit for print and none as flattering as autonomous.🤣
And right on cue - I took a different route to work that included a parkway. Slightly narrow but plenty wide enough for 2 cars, 20 MPH limit. FSD consistently drove on the wrong side of the road came to a full stop when a car approached and generally couldn’t manage. Even in the sections that had a dashed yellow line it wouldn’t stay on the correct side. Autonomous? Not.

• Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
And right on cue - I took a different route to work that included a parkway. Slightly narrow but plenty wide enough for 2 cars, 20 MPH limit. FSD consistently drove on the wrong side of the road came to a full stop when a car approached and generally couldn’t manage. Even in the sections that had a dashed yellow line it wouldn’t stay on the correct side. Autonomous? Not.
That's terribly dangerous. You should report it immediately to Tesla and have a service appointment created.

That's terribly dangerous. You should report it immediately to Tesla and have a service appointment created.
Service appointment???????? WTF are you talking about? How is a service appointment applicable to Beta????? Do you want the service adviser to read the "Beta can do the worst thing at the wrong time" line out loud to you?🤣🤣🤣