Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
However what they seem to lack is the conviction to actually do the work necessary to achieve the statement.
That part isn't correct. Infact many times practical work that Tesla seems to do is colored by conviction that stuff will happen - like various Model 3 design decisions. Ofcourse Tesla is spending a ton on FSD R&D and puts same sensors & HW in all cars.

Practicality would have dictated supervised autonomy for the next 5 years - so they didn't need some of the stuff they put into Model 3.

Because Elon was commenting on BMW switching ADAS partners. Not sure what you’re referring to but Tesla had FSD beta in 2016.
Not sure what his comment was about ,,, but could also be about that Dan guy from Green Hill software.

BTW, surprised there hasn’t been discussion here about various ads that guy takes out without disclosing his financial interests. Bizarre.

Not sure what his comment was about ,,, but could also be about that Dan guy from Green Hill software.

BTW, surprised there hasn’t been discussion here about various ads that guy takes out without disclosing his financial interests. Bizarre.
Yeah I just assumed it was about BMW and Qualcomm since they are actual competitors. There was a thread about one of the Green hill attack ads. I fact checked it as partially true. :p

Guess which one is Elon’s ?

1647600398719.jpeg

To me Omar has about as much credibility on FSD as Gordon Johnson has on anything to do with investing (or accounting, financial statements....really anything involving numbers in any way...)
The funny thing is - Omar probably believes what he says.

I think with some it is not about absolute (or compared to humans) how FSD drives - but it is compared to how it drove "earlier". I guess FSD drives smoother than it drove a year earlier (on any given day) - but that is not what we actually mean by "smooth".

I can say 10.10.2 is less jerky than 10.2 when we first got FSD Beta.

Reactions: impastu
The funny thing is - Omar probably believes what he says.

I think with some it is not about absolute (or compared to humans) how FSD drives - but it is compared to how it drove "earlier". I guess FSD drives smoother than it drove a year earlier (on any given day) - but that is not what we actually mean by "smooth".

I can say 10.10.2 is less jerky than 10.2 when we first got FSD Beta.

Eh he's the same dude who a couple years ago (before FSDBeta existed) posted a sped-up drive claiming FSD had driven him to his favorite restaurant with no disengagements.

When you slowed it down it was obvious he was manually disengaging repeatedly and making all the turns at intersections manually.

When called on it he said he REALLY meant "no safety disengagements" or some such nonsense....even though he was clearly making a much grander claim.

So I'm not quite as ready to attribute honest motives to his claims as you are.