Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
nor are you presenting any real case as to why they should respond to you, just that you think they should because it would make your experience better, thats a little self absorbed

Are you sure you're reading to understand or simply responding without really reading?

Usually when I provide feedback to a company it's to improve their product. If it makes my experience better than that's a bonus, but mostly its fix something that's broken or wrong. As an example most of the time when I report an issue to Apple Maps its an issue I'll never encounter again, but I want it fixed because it's broken. It's not unsolicited advise nor is it doing something my way.

You talk a lot about dumb customers, but the FSD beta should by designed in a way to minimize the number of dumb customers. If there are a lot of dumb FSD Beta testers than that's a failure of the approval test for FSD beta.

There are also layered support systems so the more senior tech support or Engineers can focus on solving problem, and leveraging input from more knowledgeable customers.

As to maps/navigation being the biggest issue with FSD Beta that is absolutely anecdotal based on my own experiences, and the experiences of other FSD beta owners. It's also a big part of why NoA is unusable for me.

Elon himself recently tweeted "FSD is beta in Bay Area, given Engineering mostly lives there"

Do you not understand how the lack of customer engagement contributed to that?

i actually completely agree with you lol... the email is likely primarily used for parsing statistical data from reports as a fail safe for a failure of their automated data capture processes (or is simply legacy lol), my point being that to assume its unused is unwarranted, espically if your sole criteria is a lack of a response to you personally.

but again you are right that their primary feedback clearly comes from the data on the cars themselves not any notes submitted by users, which is why they largely ignore user complaints, and are right to do so lol.
My hypothesis is predicated on not having seen a single mention on TMC of anyone having received a response of any kind from Tesla after sending a report to the FSD email account. It's quite falsifiable with a single instance of a response by anyone. There are other ways it could be falsified as well. Tesla could issue a communication stating that the account is monitored. They could post statistics regarding reports. They could reference reports in changenotes, etc.

Your statements of what you state the account is "likely primarily used for" is pure conjecture without some sort of evidence. Personally, I see no value in using emailed reports as a "failsafe" substitute for the gigabytes of data transferred from an FSD beta vehicle on a daily basis. Even so, to use this supposed failsafe would require reaching out to the submitter to get additional information, because lay users rarely get things correct. From my experience, even highly trained users rarely include critical details when reporting problems.

I guess, if a vehicle were destroyed to the point that the FSD beta data were irretrievable, a report from the user would have some benefit. But, I don't think that Tesla would be waiting on an email for that!

Reactions: APotatoGod
Are you sure you're reading to understand or simply responding without really reading?

Usually when I provide feedback to a company it's to improve their product. If it makes my experience better than that's a bonus, but mostly its fix something that's broken or wrong. As an example most of the time when I report an issue to Apple Maps its an issue I'll never encounter again, but I want it fixed because it's broken. It's not unsolicited advise nor is it doing something my way.

You talk a lot about dumb customers, but the FSD beta should by designed in a way to minimize the number of dumb customers. If there are a lot of dumb FSD Beta testers than that's a failure of the approval test for FSD beta.

There are also layered support systems so the more senior tech support or Engineers can focus on solving problem, and leveraging input from more knowledgeable customers.

As to maps/navigation being the biggest issue with FSD Beta that is absolutely anecdotal based on my own experiences, and the experiences of other FSD beta owners. It's also a big part of why NoA is unusable for me.

Elon himself recently tweeted "FSD is beta in Bay Area, given Engineering mostly lives there"

Do you not understand how the lack of customer engagement contributed to that?
Seems you might be the one not reading. He makes a good point yet you seem so committed that Your input would be so invaluable. Little secret, Millions of other people/owners think Their input, suggestion, complaints, etc are valuable also! If this or Any company committed to open door input from every “I’m the smartest person” listen to me, they would grind to a halt doing anything and die. To many chefs in the kitchen so to speak. You may like others have some good ideas. Apply for a job there and who knows.

Reactions: mswlogo
Seems you might be the one not reading. He makes a good point yet you seem so committed that Your input would be so invaluable. Little secret, Millions of other people/owners think Their input, suggestion, complaints, etc are valuable also! If this or Any company committed to open door input from every “I’m the smartest person” listen to me, they would grind to a halt doing anything and die. To many chefs in the kitchen so to speak. You may like others have some good ideas. Apply for a job there and who knows.

I directly responded to what they actually said, and I'll do the same with you.

Customer input is invaluable. So a manufacture of a product should encourage that input while not overloading the capacity of handling that input. A lot of features in my Tesla came from user suggestions.

It's not a case of MY input would be invaluable, but the collective input of owners. It's not a case of any one person being the smartest, but if there is a lot of people expressing concern about how something is implemented then its worth looking into.

I live in an area that with an abundance of Teslas driven by people in Tech, and yet there are all kinds of bugs and navigation issues. If they leveraged customer input a lot of the issues wouldn't existing or would get solved more quickly.

We already know that Tesla leverages data to make decision. If people aren't using something they'll pull it. But, they don't do a good job actively listening to the customer as to what's important to them.

The data doesn't tell the whole story.

All that's needed is a single instance of Tesla responding to an email sent to the FSD beta account and my hypothesis will fall. Until then, send all the emails you like to the FSD beta account if it makes you feel better. I'll stick to reporting things here, where I know that someone will see them, even if it's not Tesla.

My hypothesis is predicated on not having seen a single mention on TMC of anyone having received a response of any kind from Tesla after sending a report to the FSD email account.

This is the official email from Tesla as of a month ago:

Hello,

Thank you for emailing fsdbeta [at] tesla.com. We appreciate your participation and feedback; all FSD Beta related feedback will be forwarded to the engineering team. When submitting feedback, we ask that you please include the email address associated with your account or VIN and disclose which build you are providing feedback for.

If you would like to opt-out of the FSD Beta, please reply to this email with your VIN and we will process your request.

Our engineering teams are working hard at constantly improving Tesla vehicles, including the FSD Beta feature, so while we will digest your feedback we aren’t likely going to be able to respond. If you have any other concerns please schedule a service appointment through your Tesla mobile app.

Thank you,
Tesla

Since you're talking about evidence, I find it suspicious that Tesla would set up an email address and advertise it to people with FSD beta, including asking them to include account email address or VIN, if their intention is to ignore anything that comes in via that email. They also state explicitly that they likely won't respond, which opens the door to them responding if the situation warrants it. While not fsd beta specific, I have had Tesla engineering contact me due to a bug report I submitted a few years back regarding an AP failure.

Also, we have seen evidence that people who email that address to get themselves removed from the beta do indeed get removed from the beta, without a reply. So here we do have evidence of a response, even if that response is not a reply to the initial email.

This is the official email from Tesla as of a month ago:

Since you're talking about evidence, I find it suspicious that Tesla would set up an email address and advertise it to people with FSD beta, including asking them to include account email address or VIN, if their intention is to ignore anything that comes in via that email. They also state explicitly that they likely won't respond, which opens the door to them responding if the situation warrants it. While not fsd beta specific, I have had Tesla engineering contact me due to a bug report I submitted a few years back regarding an AP failure.

Also, we have seen evidence that people who email that address to get themselves removed from the beta do indeed get removed from the beta, without a reply. So here we do have evidence of a response, even if that response is not a reply to the initial email.
So, my hypothesis fails. Thanks for the input.

Reactions: wknickless
I presented a falsifiable hypothesis. All that's needed is a single instance of Tesla responding to an email sent to the FSD beta account and my hypothesis will fall. Until then, send all the emails you like to the FSD beta account if it makes you feel better. I'll stick to reporting things here, where I know that someone will see them, even if it's not Tesla.
If you search you will see some reports of fsdbeta answering questions.

He's got as much evidence for this as you do your assertion that no more FSD beta testers are being enrolled because "they have enough". See how that works?

No, I don't, because we do have actual multiple examples of evidence that the FSD email address is monitored and people got responses.

Including in posts immediately preceding yours- in fact the one directly before yours is him admitting he was wrong about it being ignored.

Maybe try reading to the end of the thread before embarrassing yourself next time?

Reactions: Yelobird
It’s not a lie if you believe it.

Exactly. This is what Musk haters who claim he "lied" miss.

ps : The same reason I don't say so many of the industry execs lied about FSD 5 years back, including Google/Waymo execs. They all beleived FSD would be achieved in 5 years (and Elon believed and still believes it will have very soon).

Last edited:
Most CEOs lie. Most marketing is a lie. Most politicians lie. In Elon's case, is it a lie or an exaggeration? If someone tells you that something is coming in a year, and it comes in 3 years, was it a lie or just an exaggeration? I believe that Tesla will deliver on their goals, just not in the timeframe they've set out.

Reactions: Yelobird
Most CEOs lie. Most marketing is a lie. Most politicians lie. In Elon's case, is it a lie or an exaggeration? If someone tells you that something is coming in a year, and it comes in 3 years, was it a lie or just an exaggeration? I believe that Tesla will deliver on their goals, just not in the timeframe they've set out.
Everebody lies, but not Elon, he is not like the others, he only exaggerates .

If you search you will see some reports of fsdbeta answering questions.

You spend so much time on here that you're essentially a human search engine, and yet not even you could provide an actual example. That's how rare an FSD beta response is.

Haha.

This whole thing about whether its being monitored or not seems silly to me.

Whether I choose to spend my time composing an email isn't determined on an email being monitored, but on whether some action item will result. Even if that action item is only one of many input items into a decision like whether steering input should also cancel TACC while on FSD Beta. Or if I'm reporting a bug I'll do so even if I know its only been added to the bug list or a number of users impacted by it.

We already know its monitored for administrative purposes like asking to be removed. We don't know what monitoring system is in place, but that they have monitoring. It could simply be a bot searching for keywords.

I haven't seen any post where people have revealed there question to fsdbeta, and the answer. That would be of interest to me, but I'm not going to spend all day searching for the lottery winner.

No one in this thread got a response.

Reactions: momo3605