Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you have beta? Been using it since release and there is still a LONG way to go.

Don’t get me wrong I’m been having fun but it still gets a lot wrong, it takes way to long to do.

Too often has it pulled out into cross traffic and just stopped in front of other cars. I won’t say it’s almost killed me but certainly close enough to scare the heck out of anyone else in the car.

Reactions: 2101Guy
Edit* Found the qoute

“I’m highly confident we will solve full self-driving, and it still seems to be this year. I know people are like, ‘he says that.’ But it does seem to be epic. It does seem as though we are converging on full self-driving this year.” (c)ELON MUSK

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: Doggydogworld
Elon DID say "FSD will be solved before end of this year" recently, correct?

not QUITE- no. Sorta close though!

He said "I'm highly confident we will solve full self driving and it still seems to be this year"

In the same call he also said

"It does seem as though we are converging on full self-driving this year"

So a bit less certain than your misquote of him suggests.

Same call he also said in perhaps the most specific remark:

Elon Musk said:
FSD Beta is on track to be released for all of North American customers before the end of this year.

FSD Beta is of course an explicitly L2 system- essentially the "city streets" part that has been a specific, and the last specific promised feature for a while now in the post 3/19 FSD package.

Edit* Found the qoute

“I’m highly confident we will solve full self-driving, and it still seems to be this year. I know people are like, ‘he says that.’ But it does seem to be epic. It does seem as though we are converging on full self-driving this year.” (c)ELON MUSK
I'm highly confident he is wrong. Off by a decade. L3 in a couple of years? L4 in 5 years? L5 next decade.

• Love
Reactions: 2101Guy
I don’t know whether I should feel good or bad about my bet. I kind of feel like I should feel better about it the more times we see this car. I should have put a time limit on release of FSD Beta 10.13 for the bet. Has to be released to all beta participants in less than two weeks from now, otherwise deal is off. Opportunity cost; can’t invest in TWTR until this bet resolves.

FSD Beta is of course an explicitly L2 system- essentially the "city streets" part that has been a specific, and the last specific promised feature for a while now in the post 3/19 FSD package.
I wonder what FSD is going to be, since that is what people bought? Mysteries.

Reactions: 3Volts2aTes
not QUITE- no. Sorta close though!

He said "I'm highly confident we will solve full self driving and it still seems to be this year"

In the same call he also said

"It does seem as though we are converging on full self-driving this year"

So a bit less certain than your misquote of him suggests.

Same call he also said in perhaps the most specific remark:

So based on the exact words he spoke (see my cut and paste quote above), a REASONABLE person would be led to believe, that by end of this year, FSD will be "solved", as he stated. No? I mean, thats the timeline the hands on CEO gave just days ago..and emphasized it twice in that statement.

Otherwise, he wouldnt have emphasized it twice, no? He would have said "we are aiming for end of this year, but its quite probable that it will actually be many years before one can go from NYC to LA with no human input", no?

I'm highly confident he is wrong. Off by a decade. L3 in a couple of years? L4 in 5 years? L5 next decade.
I agree with you. But if he didnt state "end of this year" (twice), then his followup statement of "FSD is extremely underpriced and WILL go up much higher soon", wouldnt be as much of a threat (moderator edit)

Last edited by a moderator:
So based on the exact words he spoke (see my cut and paste quote above), a REASONABLE person would be led to believe, that by end of this year, FSD will be "solved", as he stated. No?
Huh? There’s literally no way someone would read these particular quotes that way.

This is one of Elon’s more restrained statements.

He said he is highly confident and it seems like it will be this year. To me, that shows very little certainly that it will be this year, and is definitely not a commitment.

He didn’t even claim they would solve self driving on any timeframe in this particular statement. Very measured!

I don’t know whether I should feel good or bad about my bet. I kind of feel like I should feel better about it the more times we see this car. I should have put a time limit on release of FSD Beta 10.13 for the bet. Has to be released to all beta participants in less than two weeks from now, otherwise deal is off. Opportunity cost; can’t invest in TWTR until this bet resolves.

I wonder what FSD is going to be, since that is what people bought? Mysteries.

As has been exhaustively covered- what people bought prior to March 2019 is a quite different thing than what those who bought after were promised.

I fully expect that second group will get anything that Tesla ends up able to deliver to the first group, feature-wise... the main difference is the second group is feature-complete once FSDBeta is wide release, while the first group is still owed either more stuff (that again both groups would get) or a refund (which the second group would not).

So are you
Huh? There’s literally no way someone would read these particular quotes that way.

This is one of Elon’s more restrained statements.

He said he is highly confident and it seems like it will be this year. To me, that shows very little certainly that it will be this year, and is definitely not a commitment.

He didn’t even claim they would solve self driving on any timeframe in this particular statement. Very measured!
So you are saying that you do, or do not believe Elons words on FSD for end of this year? Because above was in addition to this:

Tesla CEO Elon Musk said during the Q4 2021 Earnings Call that he is confident the company’s Full Self-Driving suite will be finished by 2022.

Musk was extremely confident in his prediction, stating he will be “shocked” if Tesla does not complete FSD by the end of the year.

I mean..its as clear as day what Elon is saying. Im uncertain of the need to try to make excuses or change what he repeatedly is saying as it relates to end of this year for FSD.

Unless you are that confident he's going to miss yet ANOTHER timeline for FSD?

"Converging on Full Self-driving"
"Achieving Full Self-driving"
"Complete FSD"

Choose whatever verbiage you want, all of these = releasing Autosteer on City Streets to the full fleet as a Level 2 ADAS with a (Beta) tag on it and all the caveats that current Beta testers sign off on. I think the Safety Score requirement would even still be there, if not lowered, or it might be removed entirely.

When Elon says these things, he's talking about this ^^ and it has nothing to do with Level 4/5 autonomy.