Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes it would. It won't happen without insanely careful pre-planning, some very odd navigation waypoints, a bunch of disclaimers, a lead car, and some creative YouTube editing however.

Whole Mars posted the full videos for both of his sf to la and la to bay area trips. Pretty sure they'll post the entire coast drive as well, but I doubt the camera equipment will handle the long hours.

Reactions: sfuape
The whole mars that just published this? Classy.
1631322420695.png

Did his videos start in a parking lot and end in a parking lot?

Whole Mars posted the full videos for both of his sf to la and la to bay area trips. Pretty sure they'll post the entire coast drive as well, but I doubt the camera equipment will handle the long hours.

Whole Mars is... not a great source to trust on this stuff.

Several years back he was doing nonsense like posting regular-public-version "FSD" drives sped up so you didn't notice the interventions, and using descriptions like "FSD drives me to my favorite restaurant with no interventions"

When you slowed it down like 10x it became obvious he was manually disengaging for every city street turn.

When called on it he dismissed the criticism saying he "meant" there were no unexpected interventions.

There's certainly some folks with FSDBeta whose results I trust...he's not one of em.

Reactions: Matias
Did his videos start in a parking lot and end in a parking lot?

Yea, I think so, especially the LA to SF one.

Whole Mars is... not a great source to trust on this stuff.

Several years back he was doing nonsense like posting regular-public-version "FSD" drives sped up so you didn't notice the interventions, and using descriptions like "FSD drives me to my favorite restaurant with no interventions"

I hear you. But he does post 1x versions of the latest fsd drives. So, you can be the judge.

Reactions: sfuape and NHK X
Yea, I think so, especially the LA to SF one
There's a disengagements on the San Francisco to SFO at 12:10....

The LA to SF one starts at a supercharger, but not in the parking space. Then, at the end? He has to disconnect it on a random surface street long before it parks. It fails at a simple left turn at 5 hours 51 minutes. I didn't even look between the first and last minutes and found a disconnect. He drives about 30 seconds off AP, turns it on, and the video ends with it as it pulls into a parking lot and he needs to disconnect it for pedestrians.

So yeah, not making it across country with no disengagements.

He sure drives with his hands off the wheel a lot for being one of Tesla's "Safest drivers"

And this isn't misleading- it's outright false.

This was already debunked once in the thread- guess you missed it?

"next year" would've been 2020. DIdn't happen.

Now they hope to launch a trial (again NOT a full service- a pilot trial- they're not even legally allowed to do a commercial service there) in...2022.
No i didn't miss it. I repeat because you didn't read what i said. Instead you ran with a title from a web article.

That announcement was for Tel aviv and was for commercial deployment in 2022.

GERMANY IS NOT TEL AVIV

The commercial Tel Aviv Robotaxi has always been for 2022. There are different kinds of pilots and these pilots have already happened but under NDA. The same way Cruise have been driving their employees in a "pilot" program for some time now. But you haven't seen a video.

As Amnon said: "Few weeks ago, we and VW and Champion motors created a joint venture to enable mobility as a service starting in tel aviv and later scaling up to all of Israel. Where the commercial deployment will start 2022. Ofcourse 2019, 2020, there are many phases of this but the commercial deployment meaning driving without a driver is going to be 2022. Here you see below the steps starting from 2019 to 2022."

rCCjJHZ.png

You're setting it far from straight, since the Germany thing ALSO will be a pilot, not a full consumer service.

No it will be a full public service.

Last edited:
  • Disagree
Reactions: sfuape
So yeah, not making it across country with no disengagements.

He sure drives with his hands off the wheel a lot for being one of Tesla's "Safest drivers"

We'll see. Beta 10 is the next big thing! Then beta 11....69

Kidding, I'd be surprised if we don't see it done within the next 3 months. It's probably easier than driving in downtown SF for an hour without disengagement.

There's one of those disclaimers I already saw coming. It's going to be cross country, but only the portions on the highway "count."
A real cross country drive includes a bunch of NYC and LA surface driving.
Oh, right, he's going to Boca....
cross country drive is literally ~99% highway drive. Its literally useless as a indicator.

• Disagree
Reactions: sfuape and momo3605
What does any of this have to do with Elon FSD Beta tweets? Isn't there a better thread for Mobileye vs Waymo, etc? This AI, Autopilot, & Autonomous/FSD forum could use some moderation (and this post should obviously be one of the first to go). Why does every single thread need to devolve into the same arguments?
Seriously, same old tired argument from the same people.

Excited to see what improvements beta 10 brings.

Mobileye has been testing L4, Tesla is still testing L2. And Mobileye looks to launch a L4 robotaxi service next year. Considering that L2 FSD Beta is still in early access and not deployed wide yet, it is unlikely that Tesla will go from L2 to L4 in just a few months and push it to the fleet before Mobileye launches their L4 robotaxi service (IMO).
While I agree with your healthy sceptiscim about Tesla timelines, I'm not sure why you dont apply the same to Mobileye?