Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That was an immanure comment. 😜

Boooooooo
🤣

• Funny
Reactions: rxlawdude
We need more of @powertoold optimism here.
The best thing about the limited FSD Beta release (aside from the entertainment value for the end user) has been the small reduction in polyannish pronouncements about our imminent FSD future.

Such predictions are now largely limited to Elon’s Twitter account.

This isn't from Elon but still meaningful. I haven't seen this in any threads.
By the way 10.5 is expected to be 2021.36.8.7.

View attachment 735555

Looks like some good changes.

Some of the main issues I am having with FSD Beta 10.4 are:
- On a newly paved road with no lines for the right turn lane, the car does not seem to know there is a right turn lane so it stays in the right lane and then tries to veer to the right at the last second when it finally realizes that it was supposed to be in the right lane turn lane. If there is traffic in the right turn lane already, the car can't do the merge.
- 2 way streets with no middle lane line, the car often tries to drive in the middle of the road and only moves over when it sees incoming traffic
- Tight turns on streets, the car takes the turns a bit too fast and will overshoot.
- Some jerkiness in making turns, like the car is feeling its way.

From the release notes, it looks like 10.5 may improve some of these issues.

Reactions: edseloh
Also it seems like auto-labeling is ramping up, which means I won't feel as bad sending in more AP snapshots for them to label.

Given that the car can do different things at the same interection, where humans feel it's the same situation, it makes sense to keep reporting the same problem areas so the car can train on multiple videos.

Reactions: edseloh
Some good stuff in there for sure, but I was really hoping I could finally start using it on my narrow, unlined 2 way streets (without driving down the middle of the road). Oh well, maybe next release. At least the improved merging / merge avoidance should be helpful and phantom breaking should keep getting better.

Omar (whole mars guy) was posting videos claiming no disengagements well before there even was an FSDbeta-- they were super sped up, and if you knew what to look for very clearly had disengagements for every turn-- when questioned he dismissed that as not being interventions because you "knew" it didn't handle turns so those didn't count, and the fact he sped the video up to hide them and claimed no interventions, was somehow not important.

There's many good sources on how each version of FSD is doing- he's not one of em.