Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lol, fsd beta is mind-blowing for sure: unprecedented approach, progress, and improvements.

Most of us are experiencing slight or big improvements every two weeks.
Maybe it was just 1 bad drive (definitely small sample size) but at least for me, all these improvements in 10.5 are more than offset by the routing issues I'm seeing. Considering routing changes were called out in the release notes, I'm not optimistic about how my next drive is going to go but I guess we'll see.

Reactions: powertoold
Omar (whole mars guy) was posting videos claiming no disengagements well before there even was an FSDbeta-- they were super sped up, and if you knew what to look for very clearly had disengagements for every turn-- when questioned he dismissed that as not being interventions because you "knew" it didn't handle turns so those didn't count, and the fact he sped the video up to hide them and claimed no interventions, was somehow not important.

There's many good sources on how each version of FSD is doing- he's not one of em.

Do you have an example video of this? I don't remember seeing one where he said "no disengagement" and there was one in the middle. Perhaps there was one, but it wasn't intentional? He definitely does disengage at or near the destination though, since fsd beta isn't great in parking lots yet.

As of late (last 6 months), whole mars has been posting clean videos, sped up and also 1x raws, where we can see his feet and the pedals as well.

I wouldn't be so harsh on him, as he has been providing valuable videos of late.

Do you have an example video of this? I don't remember seeing one where he said "no disengagement" and there was one in the middle. Perhaps there was one, but it wasn't intentional?

It was from a couple of years ago (as I said, before FSDbeta was a thing which is how I knew it was BS before even looking at the video)

He claimed in the tweet FSD drove him to his favorite restaurant with no disengagements.

Once you slow it down you clearly see him manually making every turn needed- but at the high speed he posted it it's a blink and you miss it where the blue wheel goes away for a moment.

Given twitter makes most stuff impossible to find after 5 minutes, sadly I do not have a link for it...he also might've taken it down as more and more comments remarked on the dishonestly of the claim.

But it absolutely happened- I've mentioned it in the past when folks have pointed to Omar as a source on FSD stuff.

A friend (who does not own a tesla) was the one who originally alerted me to it saying "Hey looks like your car does intersections and stuff now!" and showed me the video.... once I slowed it down for him he realized Omar was being....less than honest.

It was 1000% intentional since it would've been impossible for the then-current SW to do that drive with no intervention, and Omar certainly knew he'd manually handled every turn on the entire route.

• Informative
Reactions: BrerBear
Every time there’s a new release this whole mars guy says it’s “mind blowing, earth shattering, ect,ect”…. Are you on Tesla’s payroll?
Shouldn't he be saying "mind blowing, Mars shattering..."???
Marvin-the-Martian-feature.jpg

Last edited:
Moderator note: A discussion about steering wheel jerkiness was moved to a new thread:

Bruce.

Old info from Q4: 2021-01-27 Earnings Summary
Elon telling us that higher res cameras are coming with HW4.
Quote:
... I am personally certain that you can create full self-driving with safe level 5 presence just using the Full Self-Driving version 1 computer.
The version 2, we expect to be about 3x as powerful. And this needs to be paired with higher resolution cameras. ...

Last edited: