Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It was a tweet somebody made in October of 2021 (specifically referring to Hertz rentals and user profiles and settings) and Elon replied "That feature is coming," which of course it wasn't and hasn't and probably never will. Just more of Elon's BS.
Thanks - I understand that the promise is not fulfilled. I'm really just asking what you can do if you rent a Hertz Tesla today. Do you access the car through your Tesla app, or is it completely outside the normal Tesla system?

At least at this point, we know how this will play out!

I predict further polish after the polishing will be required. And other drivers will still be upset with how it drives.

🔥
anyone who does polishing knows it’s a multistep process!

Bill Lee is sounding an awful lot like Omar here - or at least how Omar used to sound before Elon dissed him!

Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
And of course in a light drizzle today beta kept forcing me to take over when I could clearly see all lines and cars and the three cameras can watch were clear. Vision alone is enough huh. We’ll see.
On Monday, 10.69.25.2 kept warning me of degraded performance because of inclement weather. But the roads were dry and there was no precipitation whatsoever. It still worked, though. Handled the routine parts of the drive.

• Informative
Reactions: EVNow
That’s a far point.

How much is weather forecast along the route part of the warning and how much is due to what the cameras are seeing?

I always thought it was just if camera visibility was (partially) obscured.
lots of factors. For example, wiper speed is a factor. Try this: on the next sunny dry day when you are on FSD, put the wipers onto the highest manual setting. FSD will turn off due to weather/climate/visibility conditions.

Reactions: Mark II
On Monday, 10.69.25.2 kept warning me of degraded performance because of inclement weather. But the roads were dry and there was no precipitation whatsoever. It still worked, though. Handled the routine parts of the drive.

What bugs me the most is the car complaining every few minutes about side cameras being obscured when it is just DARK due to driving on the empty road in the middle of nowhere without any other cars or street lights around to light up the sides of the road. Ok, you think you are blind and want to let the driver know it - warn once and let the icon stay instead of beeping every few minutes driving him crazy.

What bugs me the most is the car complaining every few minutes about side cameras being obscured when it is just DARK due to driving on the empty road in the middle of nowhere without any other cars or street lights around to light up the sides of the road.

Not sure what the newer cameras are but hopefully they’ve moved to Starlight sensors. I have a few of these time for security and in the middle of the night with little moon light they’re amazing.

Reactions: DanCar
Given the largely positive response to V11.3.1 .... may be they will put out a 11.3.2 with some tweaks this weekend and barring major issues, we can get it next week.
Though I would like 11.x to be release soon to all of us, I suspect Tesla will roll it out incrementally, starting with only a few, then some, then many, and finally to everybody.

I suspect the release of FSD to everyone who bought or subscribed (in Nov, I think) without Safety Score, had more to do with the lawsuits, o_dowd, DMV and NHTSA actions. Being able to prove that FSD is more safe than humans would be a pretty solid defense, and Telsa's data could prove it. But there were two problems. 1) Not enough miles, and 2) Safety Score winners are arguably not representative of average drivers. So, my thinking goes, once they could see from the small sample up till Nov, that safety did not strongly correlate with Safety Score, and was pretty darn good overall, the open the floodgates to slup up more and better data.

But prior to that, the Beta program was about bug finding and edge cases. For this, a smaller fleet is preferable, less data to chew through. With V11, it would make sense to go back to that smaller tester fleet for a while.

Just my non-optimistic though train....

SW