Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I suppose we could keep providing negative feedback to Elon’s optimistic claims on these forums...it might counteract his positive feedback....which includes starting a space revolution, an electric car revolution and becoming the richest man in the world....

Reactions: Yelobird
I suppose we could keep providing negative feedback to Elon’s optimistic claims on these forums...it might counteract his positive feedback....which includes starting a space revolution, an electric car revolution and becoming the richest man in the world....
Both things can be true. Elon is one of few, if the only, CEOs that constantly post on Twitter things that are either severely optimistic, incorrect/potentially lies, and misleading. He's stated this himself on podcasts that he can't trust his own timelines, but he continues to do it.

A lot of the bad press/opinions of Elon were created by him. Some are unfair, but when he chooses to stay in the public spotlight, that will happen.

I really like how he achieved this goal & ahead of schedule too:

“Our goal is, and I feel pretty good about this goal, that we’ll be able to do a demonstration drive of full autonomy all the way from LA to New York, from home in LA to let’s say dropping you off in Time Square in New York, and then having the car go park itself, by the end of next year,” he said on a press call today. “Without the need for a single touch, including the charger.”

I don't believe in worship of man, so no man will ever be a god to me nor will his words be divine. I very much celebrate Elon's contributions made in both EVs and the commercialization of spaceflight. Doesn't mean I have to appreciate the man lying to me on a consistent basis.

Besides, I don't think Elon gives a single thought to my (or any of you guy's) feedback. :)

Yes. Actually very disappointed to see it on a 2023.7 branch. Means many more weeks of being months and months behind in firmware fixes and new features. I was hoping we would all get to move to 2023.26.10 before they continued the line.
Someone apparently was getting 2023.7.30, which is .10 more than the 2023.7.20 than many MANY have had for 2+ months (myself included)… so I would consider that a s..t upgrade since I don’t know a word worse than that.

Elon once again clarifying that for “2x safer than human” he is using “fully unsupervised” as the level (so L4 or maybe L5 (“in all scenarios”) depending on how you read that, but whether it is L3 or L4 or L5 is not that important here).

So the objective is not to make something which makes people 2x or 5x or 10x safer when used as a driver’s aid (L2). That is not enough. There has been occasional ambiguity on that point.

I cannot remember whether he had made this clear in the past. In any case it is finally unambiguous here and we can close any further debate on the objective - he’s talking about an L4/L5 system, which is the end-point objective of FSD.