Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What does this mean though? You can already do this in some way. How is this any different than regular auto park. This is very different than the “reverse summon” we were promised. Doesn’t actually sound that cool tbh.
The visualisation needs a lot of improvement.
A car should be shown as red.
Any object that has some height (4, 6, 8 inches, TBD) should be shown with a solid color.

I had a hard time to figure out whether some shades or 2 ft height concrete posts were behind my car this afternoon. They were all grey.

It’s shows 2-4inches of snow as a “hazard” and prompts you to “stop”. Kinda silly.
Don't use AP or FSD Beta in snow.

From Tesla:
Many factors can impact the performance of Autopilot, causing the system to be unable to function as intended. These include, but are not limited to: poor visibility (due to heavy rain, snow, fog, etc.), bright light (due to oncoming headlights, direct sunlight, etc.), mud, ice, snow, interference or obstruction by objects mounted onto the vehicle (such as a bike rack), obstruction caused by applying excessive paint or adhesive products (such as wraps, stickers, rubber coating, etc.) onto the vehicle; narrow, high curvature or winding roads, a damaged or misaligned bumper and extremely hot or cold temperatures.

• Disagree
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
Thank you for your concern. I’m referring to the “3D parking aid” and how it renders snow as a “hazard” in a poorly plowed parking lot. I’ve been on FSD beta since 10.2, I know what it can and cannot do.
Ah, ok.
I can’t say as I disagree - expecting the system to distinguish between snow, a chunk of ice or a rock is a bit much at this point.

I meant in general.
it has for me in the past. Plain snow isn’t so bad but you can have ice chunks that actually look like chunks of snow and are big enough to damage your car.

I wonder if OilBurner is talking about 2-4” of snow on the ground and the system seeing the tracks in the snow? If it’s only looking at shapes and not trying to determine the material, which I suspect is the case, a 4” ridge of snow would look the same as a 4” curb so labeling it a hazard would be totally appropriate.

Edit: I see Alan disliked my post saying it was fool hardy to use AP or FSD in 2-4” of snow. Remind me not to drive when he’s around.

see Alan disliked my post saying it was fool hardy to use AP or FSD in 2-4” of snow. Remind me not to drive when he’s around.
Obviously that it not what I disliked about the post. You know my post history perfectly well and it is disingenuous to pretend that I think using AP/FSD in the snow is safe.

I just thought the post I disagreed with was rude, and it was also completely wrong about what was being discussed (Park Assist), which has nothing to do with AP or FSD.

Obviously that it not what I disliked about the post. You know my post history perfectly well and it is disingenuous to pretend that I think using AP/FSD in the snow is safe.

I just thought the post I disagreed with was rude, and it was also completely wrong about what was being discussed (Park Assist), which has nothing to do with AP or FSD.
I actually wasn't being disingenuous - I truly wasn't sure what you disliked.

If you read Oilburner's and my subsequent responses you can see that I misunderstood what s/he meant in my original post. That was my bad.

I do stand by my statement that anyone using AP or FSD in 2-4" of snow is foolhardy, though.