Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon Musk Discussion - Tesla Brand Damage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It is painfully obvious that Elon is not a good person nor is he a good CEO. He might be intelligent, but that is debatable. It is obvious from his posts on Twitter that he is not a people person and does not respect those who are in some way different from him.

Elon is not god. Those who worship him like he is should instead consider therapy.

IMHO, Elon need to be removed as the CEO of Tesla and his Tesla pay plan need to be voted down and replaced by something reasonable.
I have been saying this a year after the Model 3 rollout and Tesla's customer service took a nose dive.

If you accuse any woman who you have never met and of whose actions you are unaware (as is the case of this poster; he’s never met her and he doesn’t know what she did…we only have some rumor and speculation) of being a prima donna, yeah, that’s misogyny. That just means any woman he doesn’t think he likes is a prima donna; he is presupposing without any actual information or factual context that she is at fault here and specifically because she’s temperamental. I suppose we could also label her as “shrill” and accuse her of “being on the rag” while we are at it…right?
Would you prefer he calls her a "primo uomo"? Love how people try to interject perceived sexism into an argument to try and gain a ill conceived moral high ground.

Reactions: Steerpike
Not sure there is non stop media coverage of Tesla or Elon Musk. But you gotta admit, Elon gives the press a lot of ammo.
  • Fire an entire division in the middle of the night via email, you’re going to make the news.
  • Say F**k you, f**k you on national TV, you’re going to be on the news.
  • A CIO smoking pot during a media interview, you’re going to make the news.
  • Calling a hero cave rescue diver “Pedo Guy”, you’re going to be on the news.
Did I make my point? I got more.
So you're mad at him for firing people at HIS compay, telling all the woke left media and advertisers who were purposely trying to tank twitter to "Go **** yourself", Smoking pot (which is legal) on a show with Joe Rogan SIX YEARS AGO and for calling the diver "Pedo guy" after he insulted him even though he sent a team of engineer and a submarine to help on his own dime? You must love watching CNN and MSNBC to be told how you should feel!

So you're mad at him for firing people at HIS compay…
I don’t know wtf you two are debating, but this first sentence is not only spelled wrong but is factually incorrect.

Tesla is not Musk’s company. It is a publicly traded company owned by the shareholders. Musk is a board member and the CEO for that publicly-owned company.

I don’t know wtf you two are debating, but this first sentence is not only spelled wrong but is factually incorrect.

Tesla is not Musk’s company. It is a publicly traded company owned by the shareholders. Musk is a board member and the CEO for that publicly-owned company.
As I've often said - Tesla is not Elon Musk, Elon Musk is not Tesla. Contrary to the fanboy base, Tesla will be around long after Elon is dead or removed as CEO, and it won't tank if he is removed from leadership or leaves. Many people said the same thing would happen at Apple when Steve Jobs died - but the reality is that Apple has enjoyed even more success as a publicly held company and from a ROI standpoint after Job's died. One could argue that Apple isn't as innovative or entrepreneurial as it once was, but it's really hard to argue it hasn't been very successful despite Job's passing. The reality is that 120k+ people still work at Tesla - there's a ton of talent at the company - and that talent will still be around regardless of what does or does not happen with Elon Musk.

The sooner they can get him out of Tesla the better. I know I will not be back as a customer until he is gone and there is a significant change in direction. I do still like my M3 as an EV. Everything Tesla about it I just can't stand anymore. Autopilot, FSD, the wipers, the UI, dealing with the service center, its all just so bad. I was all in on the whole EV revolution and signed up the moment preorders opened. It is amazing how much I have soured on the company, it's so embarassing to have ever believed anything the man said.

Reactions: Gixx1300R
So you're mad at him for firing people at HIS compay, telling all the woke left media and advertisers who were purposely trying to tank twitter to "Go **** yourself", Smoking pot (which is legal) on a show with Joe Rogan SIX YEARS AGO and for calling the diver "Pedo guy" after he insulted him even though he sent a team of engineer and a submarine to help on his own dime? You must love watching CNN and MSNBC to be told how you should feel!
I said nothing abut being mad.

Advertisers, Left or Right should pull their ads when it hurts there brand. Advertisers are not beholding to a manufacture.

I prefer watching news medias that have not lost or settled lawsuits for hundreds of million of dollars for pushing lies when they knew they were false.

Musk accused of improperly selling $7.5 billion in Tesla stock before weak sales report that crashed its price.​

New YorkCNN —
Elon Musk and the Tesla board are facing a shareholder suit over his sale of $7.5 billion worth of Tesla shares in late 2022, ahead of a January 2023 sales report that sent the price of the stock plunging.

Musk sold a total of 41.5 million shares of Tesla stock between November 4 and December 12, according to company filings, as he liquidated some of his holdings to free up cash for his recently completed purchase of Twitter.

The sales came not long after a October 19, 2022 earning call in which he told investors “I can’t emphasize enough, we have excellent demand for Q4.”

Story Here: https://www.cnn.com/2024/06/04/business/musk-tesla-stock-sale-lawsuit/index.html

Status
Not open for further replies.