Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon Musk Discussion - Tesla Brand Damage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
I'm sort of torn on how to think of this from a rational point of view.

As someone who actually drives a Tesla this is bad news since the man has no interest in cars anymore.

I'm not a share holder but if I were I sort of see the logic in voting for it. Running Tesla as memestock is great for share prices. And it's really hard to have a memestock with stable competent leadership.

• Funny
Reactions: Seattle and israndy
I wanna get to invest in Tesla too, at pennies on the dollar like Elon does, that the rest of the share holders value gets diluted by. And giving me enough control to make the company bend to my will. Yeah, that is comical
You should start a company then! Take it from the brink of bankruptcy and bet it all on a win for all and you to can be a share holder. Good luck!

Musk’s vision for Tesla does not align with my vision for the vehicle and services I desire out of my current and future vehicle ownership. As a Tesla owner, I don’t believe Musk can lead the company to deliver at or above my expectations. I don’t believe he is the right person to be CEO for Tesla.

Since I am not an investor, the pay package wouldn’t normally concern me. This is not a normal situation.

I don't want Musk to continue as CEO, so why would I want anyone to give him motivation to continue in that capacity?

I also don’t think it’s okay for a board to put Tesla resources into reversing a court decision where they were found liable for misconduct. As I’ve stated in this thread before, I believe the better approach would have been to come up with new goals to be met over the next 5 years and only pay out if Musk were to meet those new goals.

Time will tell if Musk can lead Tesla to deliver vehicles I want to own over the competition. I have my doubts, but Tesla could prove me wrong. My disappointment is because I am highly pessimistic that I will want future Tesla vehicles based on Musk’s vision - or lack thereof - for Tesla vehicles.

Musk’s vision for Tesla does not align with my vision for the vehicle and services I desire out of my current and future vehicle ownership. As a Tesla owner, I don’t believe Musk can lead the company to deliver at or above my expectations. I don’t believe he is the right person to be CEO for Tesla.

Since I am not an investor, the pay package wouldn’t normally concern me. This is not a normal situation.

I don't want Musk to continue as CEO, so why would I want anyone to give him motivation to continue in that capacity?

I also don’t think it’s okay for a board to put Tesla resources into reversing a court decision where they were found liable for misconduct. As I’ve stated in this thread before, I believe the better approach would have been to come up with new goals to be met over the next 5 years and only pay out if Musk were to meet those new goals.

Time will tell if Musk can lead Tesla to deliver vehicles I want to own over the competition. I have my doubts, but Tesla could prove me wrong. My disappointment is because I am highly pessimistic that I will want future Tesla vehicles based on Musk’s vision - or lack thereof - for Tesla vehicles.
That court decision was just in Delaware....a system that even Hunter Biden exposed

Reactions: FireFighterHil
That court decision was just in Delaware....a system that even Hunter Biden exposed
Seems like "Citizens for a Pro-Business Delaware" is based on those on the losing side of a legal dispute between the founders of a company called TransPerfect. So no surprise that they do not like Delaware courts.

I’m not going to get dragged into a debate about the validity of the court with anyone.

Until the court has action taken against it to prove wrong-doing, I am going to assume they made the correct decision and that musk and the board conducted themselves in an illegal manner when the pay package was originally voted upon.

Reactions: CyberGus
lol. You Really think he would fall for that Again? He achieved Every goal as the shareholders and board set. And he was not awarded the Earned comp package and you think they will do it again. Too funny.

Reactions: Steerpike
I'm unclear as to what exactly this vote means. Is it legally binding or is it just for optics?

Even Tesla admits it does not know what happens next. "The [Tesla board] special committee and its advisers noted that they could not predict with certainty how a stockholder vote to ratify the 2018 CEO performance award would be treated under Delaware law in these novel circumstances," it said in a proxy statement sent to shareholders.

Status
Not open for further replies.