TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Elon Musk Instagram Post - Interpret

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Owner, Oct 4, 2016.

1. Owner

Owner Active Member

elonmuskmonkey.jpg I'm hoping this picture that Elon just posted on Instagram is a hint that he gets that 8.0 is seriously flawed in terms of backward compatibility. I myself tweeted him directly my issues.

• Like x 1
  2. BluestarE3

BluestarE3 Active Member

Elon musing to himself:
    "Before they sent humans into space, Soviets first sent dogs and Americans first sent chimps. If I can somehow transform myself into a chimpanzee, I may get to go to Mars way before my spacecraft are ready and safety-tested for humans... plus it can be a much smaller ship with far fewer provisions needed -- just some water and freeze-dried bananas. Can't wait to get away from all the short-sighted and self-serving people on Earth."

• Funny x 1
  3. Max*

Max* Autopilot != Autonomous

He's stumped at the SpaceX explosion.

• Like x 2
  4. brianman

brianman Burrito Founder

He's trying to find the ANY key.

• Funny x 2
  5. RichardL

RichardL Member

An infinite number of monkeys will forget about Macbeth and eventually write a perfect version 8.0...

• Funny x 3
  6. Pdub2015

Pdub2015 Member

Glad I wasn't the only one stumped by this...

7. hmmm

hmmm Member

#7 hmmm, Oct 4, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
    Lead code monkey on the 8.0 Media Player software team (team of 1?): man did we f'up...

8. Gizmotoy

Gizmotoy Active Member

Most likely explanation. Short of AutoPilot stuff, I don't get the impression he cares at all about minor issues in 8.0 (major as they may be to us). And really, I can't blame him when his other job is literally trying to get to Mars.

• Like x 1
  9. HVM

HVM Savolainen

Image1_bs.jpg
    PC BS

10. scottm

scottm Active Member

#10 scottm, Oct 4, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2016
    Symbolism:

Chimp juxtaposed with technology: evolution of man. Beyond homo erectus. Evolution of brain.
    Finger to head (brain, scratching): thinking, or bewilderment. Because it's a wild beast, I'm going with bewilderment.
    Laptop (white no less, an Apple no less - logo airbrushed): purity of technology, maybe. Clean technology, a new beginning?
    Finger on laptop (not hitting Any key, or any other key): bewilderment of use. A jab at Apple interface?

..your interpretation is just a detail. Go with the big picture.

credit where due

11. ecarfan

ecarfan Well-Known Member

I am a bit concerned that Elon is even taking a few seconds to respond to the nonsense tweeted by @Motherboard

12. jeffro01

jeffro01 Active Member

I think that depends on whether or not he happened to catch it on the fly and just responded, which doesn't really bother me. What would bother me is if he was pouring through his feed long enough to find and respond to such a thing. Perhaps the two aren't much different, but different enough for my perspective...

Jeff

• Like x 1
  13. Chopr147

Chopr147 Active Member

He is right though. Is that the best Motherboard could do? Is Elon running for elected office? What non-sense. But since he did nnot ignore it the tweet will get much more play