Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon Musk Says Teslas Are Too Expensive, Hints At New Compact Electric Car

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like the $25,000 "Model 2" will have an iron based battery, like the MIC M3.

See car under cover:

fullsizeoutput_1759.jpeg

Reactions: themorey
I love their aggressive pricing $25K with FSD and LR ! but I wonder if it will be limited release like the SR...
Well, Elon is still working on the $35K "well equipped" EV he promised few years ago. The lowest price M3 is an SR+ RWD is $39K ($37,990 + $1,200) but it doesn't even come with floor mats, so it might not be so "well equipped". So, he's close, but still has to shave off another 10% to deliver on the original promise, then move onto the $25K car. Or, he might just skip the $35K version, and in 4 years deliver a stripped down 29K car while promising a $15K car in the future.

Aha I see that more when I zoom in now. Any thoughts on why they'd want the Model 3 to go to an iron based chemistry while the Y uses more nickel + manganese? Do you know this would also apply to the LR Model 3?
Not sure, but it is probably cheaper and the M3 is less expensive. Although, they could just mean the MIC is iron, not ours, and just simplified the graphic.