Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon Musk vs. Short sellers

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Simple. Clicks that gets ad revenue. They will print anything as long as it gets clicks.
Thank you. I was actually asking a rhetorical question, and you followed up on it admirably. :)

Yep, Seeking Clicks is what that website should be called. Funny, though, when I refer to them as Seeking Clicks in their comments section, they censor me.

Very interesting read, despite the recent derailing.
So, an SEC complaint or SCTY / TSLA shareholders Class Action Lawsuit would go nowhere? It seems like blatant market manipulation. Instead of Pump-and-Dump, I would propose calling it Short-and-Abort.

We know that guys like Mark Spiegel have been buying followers on twitter for a while now, but the overall anti-tesla/Elon botnet continues to grow. Dont need a fancy analytics company to spot the legion of fake accts retweeting and liking all the vitriolic tweets from the usual suspects.

We know that guys like Mark Spiegel have been buying followers on twitter for a while now, but the overall anti-tesla/Elon botnet continues to grow. Dont need a fancy analytics company to spot the legion of fake accts retweeting and liking all the vitriolic tweets from the usual suspects.

i just find it interesting that they know they have a problem, and they think they have the ability to
combat it with certain types of verification, but they won’t...presumably bc it will affect certain metrics (but their current efforts affect those same metrics, but not nearly as much as a total extermination would??).
weird..
meanwhile TWTR up ~250% in < yr

This guy in this article conveniently does not mention the “submarine up your a$$” trigger comment from that British guy.

And the haters are having a party in th comments section.

There is a huge section of people that hates Musk and Tesla to the core. I suspect these guys are poised to make huge money if for some reason Fremont is leveled by a big one tomorrow, or Musk has an unfortunate accident, and these guys will party openly.

This tweet is a god send for those haters.

The greed to make money is unbelievable.

Reactions: neroden
Even the CNN article that had a video in it conveniently cut off that up your ass comment.

Anyone would lose their cool, with this constant exaggerated negativity floated by the media outlets the last 6 months.

I responded to CNN. Feel free to tweet, retweet, like. There are other tweeps making the same point. I liked them too. Not sure the media can be shamed, but worth a shot.

Generalenthu on Twitter

Reactions: neroden
Holy cow.

The Wall Street “analyst” quoted in this piece is none other than. Gordon Johnson. This is what happens when a narrative tries to take shape by those wishing to see Tesla fail.

Elon Musk’s ‘pedo’ attack rattles Tesla investors: ‘This thing is unraveling’
The fact of the matter is Elon's dumb Twitter comment was a massive unforced error. He's doing the shorts' work for them and that is absolutely ridiculous. He needs to step back and take a look at himself in the mirror because he's basically jeopardizing everything he's worked the last 15 years for with stupid tweets and there's 100% no excuse for it.

I know you've retweeted this thread Elon, so if you're reading this or someone is reading it for you, here's some advice from an absolute nobody who believes in your mission and has invested in your company:

You have 2 options.

Option (1) is to simply delete your Twitter account. Just kill it. Nothing good has ever come from Twitter. You've repeatedly put your foot in your mouth on Twitter and given your enemies a virtually infinite number of tweets to attack you with.

Option (2) is to hire someone to handle your Twitter account. Many, many celebrities do this. The President does this. You will not read your Twitter feed directly. Your employee will. Important things, like customer suggestions/complaints/praise, will be relayed to you through your employee. Should you wish to tweet, you will write something and give it to your employee. Your employee will have the final say on if you will actually tweet it out to the world or not, and you will not under any circumstances override your employee's decision. My suggestion, if you go this route, is to hire a lawyer you trust to handle your Twitter account going forward.

Good luck, and I hope to ride a rocket to your Mars colony someday in my lifetime.

Last edited:
Thank you for the interesting read.

The fact of the matter is Elon's dumb Twitter comment was a massive unforced error. He's doing the shorts' work for them and that is absolutely ridiculous. He needs to step back and take a look at himself in the mirror because he's basically jeopardizing everything he's worked the last 15 years for with stupid tweets and there's 100% no excuse for it.
or maybe this is just another move against the shorts, if he knows that shorts pour in more money after that action, it might be something he was actually going for. This tweet was a bit unlike him. Would be good if twitter removed delete option, at the moment it is hard to understand if this was even tweeted (I did not see it). In the end this is internet and the other guy was bashing their sincere effort to help.

Thank you for the interesting read.

or maybe this is just another move against the shorts, if he knows that shorts pour in more money after that action, it might be something he was actually going for. This tweet was a bit unlike him. Would be good if twitter removed delete option, at the moment it is hard to understand if this was even tweeted (I did not see it). In the end this is internet and the other guy was bashing their sincere effort to help.

It was tweeted, I saw it many times. However I never saw what Elon was replying to, so it would be handy if delete would wipe out the whole chain instead of leaving responses hanging in the air...

The fact of the matter is Elon's dumb Twitter comment was a massive unforced error. He's doing the shorts' work for them and that is absolutely ridiculous.

Very true that this is a very dumb unforced error. But Tesla controls the next two years by simply executing on the model 3. I don't think the shorts get how the game has changed, and that Tesla is now substantially in control of their destiny.

The most likely conclusion to this episode is nothing. No lawsuit, no apology.

No one has mentioned that one "pedo" tweet had 1200 likes before it was taken down. Unclear if those were pro pedo or just pro Musk. But it does show that Musk is granted the benefit of a doubt by a very large number of stakeholders.

Reactions: bhzmark