TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Elon Needs Our Help

Discussion in 'TSLA Investor Discussions' started by MacRocket, Apr 17, 2018.

1. MacRocket

MacRocket Faster than Falcon 9

Big Oil, Big Auto, Big Money, Mainstream Media and Some Political Figures are all out to disrupt or destroy Tesla and Elon with FUD, Fake News, Negative Spin combined with timed, planned Short Selling attacks.
    Elon is sleeping in the factory and organizing my model 3 while at the same time arranging my future Mars Vacation. Elon and Tesla don’t have the time or resources to fend off all the FUD, Personal attacks and negative spin which occurs on a daily basis.

Well! Enough is enough I say.

This thread is for those Tesla Owners, supporters and Shareholders with constructive suggestions as to how we can all do our bit to help counter those who seek to damage Elon and Tesla.

The time is right for us all to give something back to help Tesla achieve its mission.

• Like x 10
    • Disagree x 3
    • Funny x 2
    • Informative x 1
  2. MacRocket

Well I’ll kick this off with a few suggestions.
    1. Buy your kids or grand kids a TSLA share for birthdays and Christmas. Kids love Tesla, the shorts won’t get hold of these shares. Imagine 400k tesla owners doing this for their children. Thats quite a few shares locked up long.
    2 Adults, buy a Tesla and some TSLA, put them in the bottom draw and forget about them. They will help fund your next Tesla.
    3. Push back against fake news and FUD. Post a link to the Editor or comments section and we can all send our 2 cents worth to the offending publication or author.
    4. Tell other forum members and friends to put suggestions here so we can all see them.
    5. Short Selling we appear to be stuck with. Some longs may however, like to restrict their lending to short sellers. If enough of us do this then the SP might be more inclined to rise.
    6. If you have special knowledge in an area where there is lots of FUD and fake news then share it here so that we can all speak with some authority when tackling the Author.
    7. Give a bear a hug and a drive of your Tesla. This may change his or her mind.

Send in your suggestions and lets get cracking. If Forum members do one small thing every week then this could have a big effect.

• Like x 7
    • Disagree x 1
    • Funny x 1
  3. Big Earl

Big Earl bnkwupt

A couple of comments.

1.) Buying shares for your kids and grand kids is a great suggestion.
    2.) A Tesla test drive goes a long way. Many skeptics haven't driven one, so in my opinion, this is the most powerful tool Tesla owners have at their disposal.

• Like x 9
    • Disagree x 1
  4. Electroman

Electroman Well-Known Member

OP I have thought about the same doomsday scenario, if and when the FUD machine finally takes a stranglehold on Tesla and Elon, what are the rest of us supposed to do? sit and watch?

• Like x 2
  5. Skotty

Skotty 2014 S P85 | 2020 3 P19"

I help by buying Tesla.

As long as they stay true to their mission, I'll have their back and keep buying their products.

• Like x 4
    • Love x 2
  6. clmason

clmason Member

I defend Tesla and TSLA everywhere I can. Holding shares since IPO...

However, Elon needs help with Sales and Service. I cannot defend it anymore. There is nothing to defend because its essentially incompetence at this point.

• Like x 4
    • Disagree x 4
  7. Asterix187

Asterix187 Member

I have done my fair share buying the car in the first place. He could do me a favour by letting me use the cars Sat Nav to get me home in th quickest time rather than some random route.

• Funny x 2
    • Like x 1
  8. Skotty

Skotty 2014 S P85 | 2020 3 P19"

Sadly, sales and service will only ever be as good as the people who apply to work there. Sometimes it will be no better than a dealership. Tesla policy can help, but only so much.

9. 3xprn

3xprn New Member

I reserved Model3 and plan to reserve Model Y

• Like x 3
  10. arcus

arcus Active Member

I'm usually the first in the office to hear "Hey, have you heard that Tesla..." - as long as people find me opinion-worthy I will try to objectify or kill the FUD :)

And yes, recommending TSLA to my fellow investors too.

• Like x 4
  11. Lbkmxp100d

Lbkmxp100d Member

I have had nothing but great experiences with Sales and Service on both our Model X's.

• Like x 5
  12. Jevi_S85D

Jevi_S85D Member

Same here - I've never experienced more dedicated service personel than with Tesla. And I've been around the block with VW, Citroën, Ford, Peugeot, Opel, Toyota and Audi. I believe that typical Tesla employees know that they have to be better that the incumbents.
    There might be bad apples but I haven't seen them and I take all the negative talk with a grain of salt. They just might be trolling shorts.

• Like x 4
  13. RayW

RayW Joy Riding

• Like x 2
    • Funny x 1
  14. MacRocket

Thanks for the responses and the new suggestions.

Keep them coming and we will see if we can keep TSLA on the roll created by the China news and Elon’s letter.

I have followed my own advice and bought my kids 2 TSLA shares each for their birthdays. They are pretty happy about it too.

Then I spent the last of this months budget and picked up another 8 shares for myself at $288, Go Elon!

And last thing today took 4 complete strangers for a spin in the Tesla, one of them is heading home to place an order, hopefully they will follow thru.

What a day, leaves you with a warm glow doesn’t it.

• Like x 4
    • Helpful x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • Love x 1
  15. DurandalAI

DurandalAI Member

I understand that’s resolved in a recent update to include routing based upon current traffic conditions.

16. Asterix187

Asterix187 Member

Hi, so I hear but as I live in the UK we still do not have the maps update. I can’t wait to get it though, but for now I still have to use my phone for navigation.

• Helpful x 2
  17. Rococo

Rococo New Member

Nice idea for a thread. Here’s a joke to help gain momentum

What does it mean when the Tesla car behind you is frantically flashing its headlights?

It means the driver can't find the Autopilot stalk. (Kevin 2016)

• Funny x 1
    • Love x 1
  18. Crocket<3

Crocket<3 New Member

The best way to support a company is to vote with your wallet by supporting tesla and all tesla products

• Like x 6
    • Love x 1
  19. Rococo

Rococo New Member

Couldn’t agree more Crocket<3 !

• Like x 1
  20. Cattledog

Cattledog Active Member

And help others support (buy) Tesla products if possible.

• Like x 2