Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon says AWD and Perf orders start at end of next week!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Enjoying watching the newbs get let down by a completely blown deadline. People-- he said the end of the week. But he didn't say which week.

Westley-princess-bride-830x400.jpg

I thought everyone knew the week ends on Saturday.

Seems like newbs know best right?

Any guesses if it will open all at once for all who have previously been invited?
What if you’ve configured, but no VIN?
Will there be a new round of invites?
I think everyone with an invite will be able to configure the new options. Hopefully the ramp for the new options will be fast. Performance version is pure profit so plenty of incentive to make those quickly. Priority will be same as the invites (employee > owners > first in line)
Final predictions?
AWD $4k no range improvement
Performance $15k more than AWD, 3.5s 0-60, bigger brakes (awesome), staggered tires (dumb), no LSD, nothing else fancy, maybe 1/2 inch lower with different suspension tuning.

Reactions: kbM3
I think everyone with an invite will be able to configure the new options. Hopefully the ramp for the new options will be fast. Performance version is pure profit so plenty of incentive to make those quickly. Priority will be same as the invites (employee > owners > first in line)
Final predictions?
Performance $15k more than AWD, 3.5s 0-60, bigger brakes (awesome), staggered tires (dumb), no LSD, nothing else fancy, maybe 1/2 inch lower with different suspension tuning.

$20K more than current version? I can go with that. $23k with FSD? hmmmm

Reactions: kbM3
Final predictions?

This will be Tesla's first "Performance" intro, in a coil version.
Some two cent trivia. The jump ball, to me, is whether we see more power to the rear.