Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon says AWD and Perf orders start at end of next week!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
At this point options seem to be about the same between Model S and Model 3 so I would expect it to be in the $2000 - $2500 range but I think it will be a long ways down the road. Sometime next year would be my bet.

Dan
Does the Performance version go down in price if you choose the standard black interior? If it doesn’t, seems shady, they would charge an increase for the white seats.

hopefully I am.

I can't get earlier than 2nd in line @ Chicago's Grand Avenue on 3/31/16

I was 7th in that same line!!

I see you!

IMG_20160331_084909658_HDR.jpg IMG_20160331_063154996_TOP.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: Piney999
That's what they do on the S and X. I would expect the white interior to be $2000-$2500 more.

Dan
The S and X have an upcharge to the vegan leather seats and the price is the same across all colours. The 3 includes the premium vegan leather seating as part of the premium package. So it stands to reason that the colour option should be $0 since you're not upgrading the materials with a colour change

That would be incredibly damaging to Tesla, and I don’t see it happening. The base model was never really $35k anyway; the mandatory doc fee makes it $36k.
Minimum configuration will turn out to be $42K.

Elon will still market a $35K base...you’ll just be forced to add some margin improving upgrade.

The fans will give him a pass (as they will with AWD), he’ll pass it off as “nobody really wants a base model”, and life will go on.

Rinse, repeat...

Disappointed that the headliner isn't black either. Would really help improve the love in my opinion. The S and X white interiors have black headliner which creates a unique contrast

I agree with you that black headliner is sorely missed on the Model 3. Once they get black headliner, power liftgate and air suspension, it will make the S vs 3 decision even harder...

Does anybody know if Performance inherently includes ludicrous? Whoever has the option in their confirgurator, do you see ludicrous? I also wonder if next year air suspension is tied in with an even faster ludicrous variant, bringing the 0-60 closer to 3s with real world performance below 3s.

Configured RWD but no VIN yet. Any chance at all they will allow me to modify my order and wait for the dual motor?

I accidentally went one screen too far and ordered on Thursday (CC already on file as an existing owner. Remarkably easy to "accidentally" order a car). Called customer service immediately, and while the couldn't convert me back to a reservation, they did allow me to defer to a dual motor car as my Vin had not been assigned. Left the guy a VM this morning to make the change. Give them a call tomorrow, I'm sure you can do the same.

• Informative
Reactions: dhanson865
Is anyone else disappointed that the AWD isn't cheaper than it was on the MS as Elon tweeted over a year ago, or that they're trying to upsell you to M3 performance to get what should be a no-cost option of white interior? This sucks...no I'm not canceling, but I'm not going to tell my friends to go trade in their mass market ICE vehicles either.

That would be incredibly damaging to Tesla, and I don’t see it happening. The base model was never really $35k anyway; the mandatory doc fee makes it $36k.
No car maker includes doc/transportation fee in base price because it is variable by location. In my opinion, there could be a possibility that the $35K base car will be sold for 12 to 24 months, to keep his promise, and then discontinued depending on how profitable it is. The new base car would then be around $44K which would include LR version and decoupled from PUP. The LRD version would be $49K decoupled from PUP. I don't know, just guessing.

Although I have my invitation on hold for SR model.................DW and I will have a long conversation today about the P3LRD model. I'm suffering through a "senior life crisis" right now and all of a sudden <3.5 sec., MCRed Performance car is making all kinds of sense to me ! :eek: I can't believe I'm being sucked into a $83K car! "Resistance is futile."

Last edited: