Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon says AWD and Perf orders start at end of next week!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I wonder if we can change our orders to AWD. I have a VIN assigned but no deliver date yet? I can imagine that a lot of the Ontairo orders may try and switch

Bad idea. He threw the Canadians a bone with May and June deliveries to preserve the Tax Credit for US buyers.

I highly doubt anyone outside the US is getting their car between 7/1 and 12/31 of this year.

Was trying to confirm my thoughts before posting but this is in the source code. (Deleted Text)

"...inviteSurveyType":null,"wantsBaseModel":false,"wantsAllWheelDrive":false,"wantsWhiteInterior":null,"wantsStandardBattery":null,..."

(Deleted Text)

Edited: I deleted some of this post to try and keep the thread on topic.

Last edited:
Was trying to confirm my thoughts before posting but this is in the source code. My biggest question is the 6 digit number after the time stamp. Any thoughts on the 6 digit being a random number or your spot in line?

"...inviteSurveyType":null,"wantsBaseModel":false,"wantsAllWheelDrive":false,"wantsWhiteInterior":null,"wantsStandardBattery":null,..."

"...paymentType":"CC","paymentReceivedDate":"2016-03-31T15:XX:00.603XXX","currencyCode":"USD"..." In the bold is the deposit information (YEAR)-(MONTH)-(DAY)(UTC?).(6 digit number)
<--*runs to go check their source code* :p

Was trying to confirm my thoughts before posting but this is in the source code. My biggest question is the 6 digit number after the time stamp. Any thoughts on the 6 digit being a random number or your spot in line?

"...paymentType":"CC","paymentReceivedDate":"2016-03-31T15:XX:00.603XXX","currencyCode":"USD"..." In the bold is the deposit information (YEAR)-(MONTH)-(DAY)(UTC?).(6 digit number)

Should be a random number, because when they reveal event showed reservation numbers that night, they were "only" at 100-something thousand, not 603,000-something.

Only Tesla knows what that display number means as far as your place in line.

<--*runs to go check their source code* :p

I'm pretty sure those are microseconds.

Must say I'm a little bummed.... As I sit in the July-Sept batch, it would certainly look like I will get the shove as all those who have deferred will overload the queue. Even though Tesla will certainly roll these out based on priority, it will still cut the production of the RWD LR model I seek... I personally feel that this rollout has been completely mismanaged...

I would hate to be one of the current group that has a car configured and being delivered in the next few weeks that jumped and ordered the RWD LR because they couldn't get an idea of when the AWD or P was going to be announced...

Wow - you are the life-of-the-party-poopers!

Must say I'm a little bummed.... As I sit in the July-Sept batch, it would certainly look like I will get the shove as all those who have deferred will overload the queue. Even though Tesla will certainly roll these out based on priority, it will still cut the production of the RWD LR model I seek... I personally feel that this rollout has been completely mismanaged...

I would hate to be one of the current group that has a car configured and being delivered in the next few weeks that jumped and ordered the RWD LR because they couldn't get an idea of when the AWD or P was going to be announced...