Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon Tweeting about Thailand and Reputation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Elon apologized. Time to move on to material TSLA topics and let this thread die.

NOPE. I'm an Elon Hater. I refuse to forgive and I refuse to let go. Elon didn't mean it. Someone made Elon do it. It was to stave off a lawsuit.

In fact, I hope something bad happens to Elon on Wednesday because otherwise I wouldn't have anything to take delight or complain about!

(Am I doing the terrible human being thing correctly?)

Kinda wished he hadn't apologized as the timing was perfect with Donnie Trump dominating the news burying this story somewhat now it will be another 24 hours of commentary. Oh well, not much else beyond a possible lawsuit to deal with now. ON to earnings.

But no, he's just an impulsive tweeter. He's a different breed of CEO of a 50B+ company, one that lacks "professional."

What some may define as lacking professionalism, I define as being authentic.

In any case, the apology is out. Looks like he sought legal advice (note the equivalence of the ‘stick it where it hurts’ as a sexual act vs. the pedo allegation)

I would love to not have to talk about this again. Unfortunately you have outlets like Bloomberg going so far as to hit the news wires with “BREAKING NEWS” about Elon’s apology.

I don't remember the source, and can't find the source so can't confirm it , but have a clue of Elon's reference "pedo guy". Apparently Unsworth has a teenage Thai wife. What wasn't told was her current age, or her age when she married. Her age may such that he would be guilty of statutory rape in the U.S. I have no idea of the laws in Thailand, but they are probably much laxer there.
Someone with better internet search skills might be able to track down more information.

You are maybe referring to Instagram picture of he and his wife, link is in this thread somewhere. In that picture the wife (in my opinion) is something like 30 years old.

edit: here’s the picture Elegant Nails & Beauty Spa on Instagram: “We together along over for 7 years .you alway look after me and my family . If I can return time back .I will do good to you more what I…”

"I don't have a source and can't look one up on the internet, but I'll post it here as if it's true."

Just ridiculous. Innocent until proven guilty. Insane.

Meanwhile, Elon doubling down:
placeholder_image.svg
To FBA ...

How is that doubling down? Do you know that image was originally posted by Elon on July 10th?
If not, how much do you care about the actual series of events/ tweets?

Twitter

• Disagree
Reactions: ZsoZso
May be you are missing their angle. Folks like Ben Sullins and Gene Muster feed on Tesla, and have to save their own faces in their circles.
This is just a way to distance themselves from the issue. They know pretty well Elon couldn't care less for anyone's advice :)

For the supporters of Elon's sub: Can you explain the procedure to save 13 people with one sub? Or was it meant only for the weakest kid to be rescued separately, after rescuing everyone else?

the kids were brought out of the cave individually, in single file fashion, with stop points where air tanks were dropped prior to “refuel” for the next phase of the exit strategy. i guess
sub was for weak and/or smallest.

• Disagree
Reactions: MauryDann
Anyone find Vern's comment's strange?

Nope, on the contrary. Smart. Formal refutations are better done through a prepared statement during a press conference than an interview with one outlet. Maybe a better settlement is to be had from Elon if he doesn't go on the record with an explicit refutation. Maybe not. But it's worth a try, the damage to his reputation is already done and the story is still hot enough that should decide to do a formal refutation, the media will still widely circulate it.

Interesting that he's looking for British council as well, libel and defamation is much easier to prove there. And Elon is a big enough target that he can't easily escape British justice.

Man, Elon missed a big opportunity to skate out of this relatively unscathed. He hasn't been keeping up on the Orange One's PR tactics.

All Elon had to do was claim he made a horrible typo, and that his "pedo guy" comment was a result of bad autocorrect, and that he meant to type "sorry pedantic guy" or "sorry NOT pedo guy". Then all he would have needed to apologize for is not proofreading his tweets. :D

Man, Elon missed a big opportunity to skate out of this relatively unscathed. He hasn't been keeping up on the Orange One's PR tactics.

All Elon had to do was claim he made a horrible typo, and that his "pedo guy" comment was a result of bad autocorrect, and that he meant to type "sorry pedantic guy" or "sorry NOT pedo guy". Then all he would have needed to apologize for is not proofreading his tweets. :D
That wouldn't work due a reply followed by his "signed dollar" tweet.

Otherwise, it could have just been claimed to be a shortened version of tor-pedo...

Reactions: PaulusdB
I only saw the twitter thread after the first tweet was deleted (only saw Elon's response). Was Elon's original tweet written to the guy also, or just the news person?

I have not followed this issue that closely. I just know that Musk did not apologize to the man he called a pedo. Musk issued a tweet carefully considered by his PR people and an attorney that they hope is enough effort to make this issue go away.