Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon Tweeting about Thailand and Reputation

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I understand that, you understand that, everybody here understands that but there are people who only know Elon from being a (horrible greedy) billionaire or that he's the guy dating Grimes, or he's the guy who makes his customers work under supposedly "horrible conditions". These are people that we need short quick answers to and fact list to show. That way the mob mentality that is currently being set upon Elon by those that would wish to see him fail wont affect future auto sales. As it is now it is most assuredly affecting brand recognition for Tesla.

Valid point. Agreed. An unfortunate consequence of this age of sounds bites, fake news, click bait, and talking heads.

Considering all the crap that people that can actually get things done get for actually helping, it's a wonder anyone does the right and humane thing at all. And yet decent people continue to do the right thing. And we will continue to argue about things we don't really know the whole story about. Thanks to @bonnie for filling in a piece of this puzzle. I remain in awe of most of the people in this community. The mission continues and so will the attempts to abort it.

I cringe every time I see an 'open letter to elon' or posts with advice or whatever. I know they all mean well, but he's a grown man. It would be impossible for him not to know, one person giving him feedback (or a dozen) was probably enough - but all this well-meaning input is starting to feel just like more piling on, though less bullying and more sanctimonious.

I cringe every time I see an 'open letter to elon' or posts with advice or whatever. I know they all mean well, but he's a grown man. It would be impossible for him not to know, one person giving him feedback (or a dozen) was probably enough - but all this well-meaning input is starting to feel just like more piling on, though less bullying and more sanctimonious.
Guys like Ben Sullins and Gene Munster are sincere and well-meaning believers in Elon/Tesla, and I take their open letters as sincere efforts to share their feedback in hopes they would be heard.

Guys like Ben Sullins and Gene Munster are sincere and well-meaning believers in Elon/Tesla, and I take their open letters as sincere efforts to share their feedback in hopes they would be heard.

@bonnie, @DaveT
i agree. they are obviously backing tesla. (note that i disagree with cnbc’s portrayal of it - btw i haven’t looked, watched, listened to cnbc or BI in days, screw them. done with them).
the best way to shut everyone up is with performance. the silly part is...that’s exactly what they did. production ramping excellent, a symphony of engineering, with great margins...that’s the story!
a stressful time for all. the haters will whittle you down to nothing if you let them.
time to take a breather, reflect, and get back in the drivers seat. there’s more work to be done. they need to keep kicking @ss and taking names. and the best way to do it is from within the walls of GF1 and fremont. don’t forget this, one of the best promo videos of all time

we gotta put this thread to bed

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Doit
20180717_212444.jpg

What I'm drinking tonight.

• Informative
Reactions: SW2Fiddler
Savage Cave Diver Tells Elon Musk To "Stick His Submarine Where It Hurts"

A headline from Pedestrian TV (a platform targeting young Aussies) with a different slant than most others. Still not accurate in referring to Unsworth as a diver. And “savage” may be a little over the top.
Savage Cave Diver Tells Elon Musk To “Stick His Submarine Where It Hurts”

Last edited:
I agree it was well-meaning. But there are a lot of well-meaning people offering their advice & it's starting to feel like being a teenager who knows they messed up & not only is Mom & Dad saying you messed up, but it appears everyone at church is offering their well-meaning opinion, along with neighbors.

Everyone is saying pretty much the same thing. I don't think it's helpful to continue sending him the same advice. But that's just me.

Savage Cave Diver Tells Elon Musk To "Stick His Submarine Where It Hurts"

A headline from Pedestrian TV (a platform targeting young Aussies) with a different slant than most others. Still not accurate in referring to Unsworth as a diver. And “savage” may be a little over the top.
Savage Cave Diver Tells Elon Musk To “Stick His Submarine Where It Hurts”
Interesting take. It overlooks the "pedo". Shows how journalistic framing makes a huge difference.

Aussie Cave Divers Say Thai Rescue Operation Nearly Went To Absolute *sugar*
I also found this. It gives some background relevant to Musk's take on how important the pumps were. The final boys were rescued within about an hour of catastrophic failure. Yikes!

This too, Elon Musk Is None Too Happy That People Are Laughing At His Submarine

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: immunogold and Doit
I agree it was well-meaning. But there are a lot of well-meaning people offering their advice & it's starting to feel like being a teenager who knows they messed up & not only is Mom & Dad saying you messed up, but it appears everyone at church is offering their well-meaning opinion, along with neighbors.

Everyone is saying pretty much the same thing. I don't think it's helpful to continue sending him the same advice. But that's just me.

yes.

fwiw, I’m far more confident that Elon is soberly reflecting on the impact of his huge megaphone public statements than those in the media are with their many times larger megaphone public statements. those with empathetic advice to offer, please consider sharing some with the media.

Interesting take. It overlooks the "pedo". Shows how journalistic framing makes a huge difference.

Aussie Cave Divers Say Thai Rescue Operation Nearly Went To Absolute *sugar*
I also found this. It gives some background relevant to Musk's take on how important the pumps were. The final boys were rescued within about an hour of catastrophic failure. Yikes!

This too, Elon Musk Is None Too Happy That People Are Laughing At His Submarine
The article was written probably after the caver's comments, but before Elon's response. It all happened on 15th, which is the date of the article.

• Informative
Reactions: MauryDann
The article was written probably after the caver's comments, but before Elon's response. It all happened on 15th, which is the date of the article.
If it was written before the pedo tweet, then is shows how the media may have spun the narrative had Musk never made those tweet. Pretty close to test and control for media response.

I don't remember the source, and can't find the source so can't confirm it , but have a clue of Elon's reference "pedo guy". Apparently Unsworth has a teenage Thai wife. What wasn't told was her current age, or her age when she married. Her age may such that he would be guilty of statutory rape in the U.S. I have no idea of the laws in Thailand, but they are probably much laxer there.
Someone with better internet search skills might be able to track down more information.

I don't remember the source, and can't find the source so can't confirm it , but have a clue of Elon's reference "pedo guy". Apparently Unsworth has a teenage Thai wife. What wasn't told was her current age, or her age when she married. Her age may such that he would be guilty of statutory rape in the U.S. I have no idea of the laws in Thailand, but they are probably much laxer there.
Someone with better internet search skills might be able to track down more information.

"I don't have a source and can't look one up on the internet, but I'll post it here as if it's true."

Just ridiculous. Innocent until proven guilty. Insane.

Meanwhile, Elon doubling down:
DiWxv5uU0AAU35a.jpg:large