Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of course any unscrupulous company or management can play games with metrics to challenge one's reputation. On the other hand, he was a music major turned hacker so it's entirely possible he had some struggles in the Twitter leadership role. In any event, his government connections should, in the least, help open the lid on current TWTR 'leadership' shenanigans.

Interestingly, a few of the better computer people I worked with during my career considered themselves musicians that were "programming for food". 😄

Reactions: Doggydogworld
I assume that they have spies if they're complying with Indian law:

BS. The law says you should have executives in India who can be held accountable. Not employ spies.

In terms of following the law ,…. Duh. You either follow the law and operate in a country or get out of the country like a lot of companies have done with China.

ps : Obviously following the law includes challenging the orders etc in a court - which apparently Twitter is doing.

Last edited:
Reactions: bkp_duke
BS. The law says you should have executives in India who can be held accountable. Not employ spies.

In terms of following the law ,…. Duh. You either follow the law and operate in a country or get out of the country like a lot of companies have done with China.
Yeah, I'm sure threats of jail time are not used to pressure those executives to turn over private information to the government.
Anyway, my point is that Elon doesn't just want to follow the law. He does not believe that Twitter should use the judicial system to fight for free speech because it could antagonize the party in power. Someone who believes that is probably not going to be rooting out "spies" at Twitter (obviously doing so would antagonize the government).

Yeah, I'm sure threats of jail time are not used to pressure those executives to turn over private information to the government.
Anyway, my point is that Elon doesn't just want to follow the law. He does not believe that Twitter should use the judicial system to fight for free speech because it could antagonize the party in power. Someone who believes that is probably not going to be rooting out "spies" at Twitter (obviously doing so would antagonize the government).
That’s a lot of speculation...if Elon wins his Twitter case it might give him a taste for more courtroom drama...

Well, the court held a hearing today on mDAU discovery issues. The Chancellor will make a ruling this week most likely.

Overall, the gist of her questions seemed to be in Twitter’s favor, though I suspect the Court will perhaps compel some small portion of what Elon wants. (Maybe a little more info of 9000 users in late 2021, or something like that. I think Twitter claimed it would take 7-10 days to come up with this? ) The larger requests will likely prove too burdensome. Just a WAG though.

We’ll see. This is a pretty big decision, I think, as it gets to the (alleged) core of Elon’s complaint. (Even though it is actually about money.)

Well, the court held a hearing today on mDAU discovery issues. The Chancellor will make a ruling this week most likely.

Overall, the gist of her questions seemed to be in Twitter’s favor, though I suspect the Court will perhaps compel some small portion of what Elon wants. (Maybe a little more info of 9000 users in late 2021, or something like that. I think Twitter claimed it would take 7-10 days to come up with this? ) The larger requests will likely prove too burdensome. Just a WAG though.

We’ll see. This is a pretty big decision, I think, as it gets to the (alleged) core of Elon’s complaint. (Even though it is actually about money.)
There we have it. As expected, the 9000 user data (Q4 21) and how the were selected must be provided, and some other documents regarding other measures, and discussions amongst the board regarding mDAU metrics from this year (very brief, possibly not 100% accurate summary).

Much wider demands from Elon were dismissed as absurdly broad as expected.

This is basically what the judge telegraphed yesterday.

There we have it. As expected, the 9000 user data must be provided, and some other documents regarding other measures, and discussions amongst the board regarding mDAU metrics from this year (very brief, possibly not 100% accurate summary).

Much wider demands from Elon were dismissed as absurdly broad as expected.

Huge victory for Elon!
Seriously though I'll be sad when the everything is going Elon's way narrative switches over to the Chancellor is biased and the trial is a farce narrative. 😞

Last edited:
Huge victory for Elon!
Seriously though I'll be sad when the everything is going Elon's way narrative switches over to the Chancellor is biased and the trial is a farce narrative. 😞
Honestly, he deserves a good smack-down for his "performance" in this saga
But the uber-fans on youtube and in the investor thread will never recognize that he lost, they will always claim it was 69D chess that laymen do not understand and he actually won 🙄

• Funny
Reactions: Dave EV and JRP3
Honestly, he deserves a good smack-down for his "performance" in this saga
But the uber-fans on youtube and in the investor thread will never recognize that he lost, they will always claim it was 69D chess that laymen do not understand and he actually won 🙄
Well he does want to buy Twitter so even if loses he wins. I'm certainly hoping that Twitter is not lying, that would be a bad beat* and make the uber-fans even more insufferable.
If he does lose, can he appeal?
Yes, to the Delaware Supreme Court. What I've read is that the court would try the case promptly and he would be extremely unlikely to prevail.

*with regard to my hobby of trying to be right on the internet.

• Informative
Reactions: MikeC
Twitter sounds like a red-headed step-child of Elon's from all of his companies he's founded. This is the first time he's buying a company, so it is someone else's baby (i.e. Jack Dorsey) he's bringing into his wing.

This whole legal battle reminds me of him, basically, teaching his other kid's that he loves them more. LOL I can't believe I'm writing all of this.

• Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
Yes, to the Delaware Supreme Court. What I've read is that the court would try the case promptly and he would be extremely unlikely to prevail.

*with regard to my hobby of trying to be right on the internet.

Could he then appeal that decision to the US Supreme Court? I noticed Elon “became a Republican” around the same time the court shifted hard to the right.

And a little explanation for why this is an (expected) loss for Elon even though Twitter does have to put effort in to produce a historical snapshot of the 9000 accounts and how they were selected. Basically sounds like on this timeline you have to allow fraud claims to be explored promptly to determine if they are material, rather than going through (lengthy?) dismissal process (I guess?):

Elon is probably in a very good position...if he loses completely, he’s rich enough to shrug his shoulders and get on with it (and possibly make a huge profit out of Twitter somewhere down the line)...anything else, from walking away to a negotiated settlement is a victory....it only takes a few million savings (out of a multi billion deal) for this whole saga to be worth the effort

a negotiated settlement
Sooner or later Elon is going to figure out a negotiated settlement is better than the court ordering him to buy at $54.20. The question is what will Twitter settle for (they definitely have incentive and are permitted to settle as well - within reason, the board won’t have to worry about shareholder lawsuits apparently…).

Status
Not open for further replies.