Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I must admit I don't see how his tweet helped except to throw some blood in the feeding frenzy.
I’m gonna categorize it into zero sum as most people that tend to run in apolitical circles in their daily life will never hear about it or won’t care as they get into their Tesla to go to work, picking up a Starbucks on the way and texting while driving on their iPhone — All companies/products that have their fair share of controversies depending who you ask.

😁

• Funny
Reactions: Unpilot
Maybe...just maybe .....that tweet will show how absolutely bat *sugar* crazy we have all become.

Each side jumped right to the most inflammatory nonsense to throw red meat to their side.

I must admit I don't see how his tweet helped except to throw some blood in the feeding frenzy.
I would agree that to be the case for the time period immediately right after the attack happened (there's always going to be those who want to take advantage of the situation). What is telling is what happens afterwards as facts and reports actually comes out... for now I'll let y'all come to your own conclusions about that.

Maybe...just maybe .....that tweet will show how absolutely bat *sugar* crazy we have all become.

Each side jumped right to the most inflammatory nonsense to throw red meat to their side.

I personally don't feel at all crazy for not buying into Qanon, fever swamp fantasy, batsh!t crazy conspiracy theories. But maybe that's just me.

I suggest you read the entire article I linked which clearly explains this was years ago and it seems he went there with the mother of his kid.
Yes, you posted articles which we know are often so biased that you can’t take them as fact. It took six years for the Russia collusion hoax to all fall apart but the media was reporting it as fact the whole time. The same folks that quickly dismissed Hunter‘s laptop as false, which we know it isn’t. Let’s not forget Paul Pelosi’s DUI which was reported as a minor accident then weeks later we found out he blew through a stop sign totaling his car and another person’s car, tried to get out of it by saying he was Nancy’s husband and also flashing his police donor card.

I posted a recorded 911 dispatch call which isn’t biased and I let everyone else come to their own thoughts on that recording.

I’ll wait until more information comes out before I assume the media‘s story is fact.

I’ll wait until more information comes out before I assume the media‘s story is fact.
Too bad Elon didn’t.
Actually it was dumb of him to post on the topic then and it would be dumb of him to post now... or later, for that matter There’s no compelling reason for him to do so, and many, many reasons not to.

Too bad Elon didn’t.
Actually it was dumb of him to post on the topic then and it would be dumb of him to post now... or later, for that matter There’s no compelling reason for him to do so, and many, many reasons not to.
I give this a half thumbs-up, it was possibly premature, we'll see. And I may have been wrong about it being an experiment. Or a rogue employee inside Twitter who posted it without Elon's permission bc he fired the CEO?

Bazinga, just kidding! Have a great weekend, can't wait for SP on Halloween! I wonder why the Frankenstein show was pushed out (Neuralink demo). Maybe they couldn't get Primus to walk with hands out in front?

It’s very interesting to see that the people criticizing him the harshest are all people who haven’t revolutionized EV tech, nor Space travel but rather have benefited from his contributions.
Apples and elephants. I highly respect Elon, have been a follower of him and all of his business ventures since 2011 and a stockholder of TSLA since 2011. I was actually looking forward to the changes he planned to make at Twitter. But to make this totally bonehead move on the third day after he took ownership of the company really disappoints me, I had hoped he was better than that, especially after watching The Elon Musk Show series on BBC recently. I seriously hope he gets some better advice and starts listening to some more rational people in the near future. I hope that taking something like Ambien to help with his sleep isn't messing with him (as it's being implied on Twitter).

But as a user of Twitter and a TSLA HODLer, I seriously hope he has someone with an objective viewpoint to help guide him in the future.

Remarkable that Elon’s now deleted tweet draws more attention than the fact that there was a coordinated campaign to try to smear the company by posting thousands and thousands of racial slurs, reported without any investigation by MSM, as if it was obviously evidence that Elon had changed policy within seconds of carrying the sink in.

So many trust the media, their political teams (let’s be honest, people mostly vote like they cheer for sports) to tell the truth. At the same time, so many here KNOW they lie, misrepresent, and craft articles to smear Tesla and Elon. Then you uncritically move onto another article that confirms all of your prior biases and your brains shut down.

“Elon’s destroying his own brand! This is the end! He’s part of Qanon!”

He made an ill-advised tweet that was in poor taste. Shooting himself in the foot.

Meanwhile, some group has conspired to smear him…that’s a much bigger story to me.

Catching up on this thread, a lot has happened in 24 hours!

I see a nice change in Twitter already(or is it called X). No more hummer ads and fewer repetitive posts.
I have been using twitter after I quit reading reuters bloomberg, nytimes, latimes, etc. to get factual news.
What a nice change. We are in an enormous paradigm shift as Tony Seba has been saying. In addition the financial changes with crypto will be coming sooner than many thought possible. Less conflict and more facts will be appreciated.
Congrats Elon and hopefully more humor and less hate along with positive news. Thanks.
I'm pretty sure that aside from GM pulling ads, there have been no content related changes caused by changes at Twitter - so any changes you see are simply confirmation bias. Which is humorous because someone else had similar examples of the same phenomena a few pages before you posted this.

You don't need to read between the lines - Elon prefers to suppress Tweets than delete them. Moderation is not required for suppression.
Suppression IS moderation. It's the same thing as when moderators here move content into the "you've been naughty" threads.

except that only one of these is true. bothesidesism is a copout.
Yep - a good example are arguments about global warming - there are no good scientific arguments that it's not happening and will drastically change the environment we live in. Yet people insist on claiming that both sides of the argument must be presented and the media especially (even social media), is bad at this because arguments drive viewership which drives advertising revenue.

I do have to say that it's quite easy to scan this thread and identify people who have gone off the deep end by seeing who consistently likes/dislikes certain posts - makes it easier to curate my ignore list here.

Remarkable that Elon’s now deleted tweet draws more attention than the fact that there was a coordinated campaign to try to smear the company by posting thousands and thousands of racial slurs, reported without any investigation by MSM, as if it was obviously evidence that Elon had changed policy within seconds of carrying the sink in.

So many trust the media, their political teams (let’s be honest, people mostly vote like they cheer for sports) to tell the truth. At the same time, so many here KNOW they lie, misrepresent, and craft articles to smear Tesla and Elon. Then you uncritically move onto another article that confirms all of your prior biases and your brains shut down.

He made an ill-advised tweet that was in poor taste. Shooting himself in the foot.

Meanwhile, some group has conspired to smear him…that’s a much bigger story to me.

We don't know that was a smear campaign. Maybe it was. But it could just as easily be some hate group who felt encouraged by the new ownership, and decided to spread their filth. Or the Russians trying to spread division right before the midterms. That's as likely as anything.

Elon does a great job of smearing himself - no outside groups necessary.
Yes, in the post that you disagreed with, I said he shot himself in the foot. I’d prefer he not comment on this type of stuff.

I also believe it’s his right to do so, and if that damages his businesses, that’s what happens. I hope that doesn’t happen.

No idea why you would brush aside what’s obviously a coordinated effort to smear him. Maybe the 300 or so accounts posting the slurs were just trolls taking advantage of the situation for a laugh. But the MSM that breathlessly ran numerous articles about how twitter has suddenly become racist now that musk has taken over (because that’s what we were told was going to happen) is a bigger deal. Especially now that we know it was organized.

Both sides do need to chill.

Virtue signaling from the left only accomplishes to make people dig in more in their beliefs.

Elon shouldn’t have tweeted this. But the left should have simply responded stating that is incorrect and here’s why. Not IMMEDIATELY go to RABID mode. Public discourse is just that, discourse. No one has all the answers. I know I don’t. And if I say/believe something wrong, I prefer to hear a response like “You are wrong about this and here’s why”. Not “OMG you are an idiot and I’ll never buy from you again!” This helps NEITHER side and just causes more division. From the first example, I’d sincerely make an effort to listen and understand. The second, I’d immediately shut down and my mind wouldn’t be changed. All it would accomplish is turn me into “zero fks guy” or make me think twice about stating something for which I’d never learn the truth.

This is why cancel culture is so dangerous. The left thinks they are making progress by shunning others for one aspect of their belief. Rather than calmly responding, they go full nuts which directly attacks their livelihood. And the left/right needs to do a much better job about vetting their sources as well.

What I like about TMC is that “most” people on here are willing to disagree and then calmly explain why. And quite often, those responses make a positive impression on me. I wish Twitter (and the rest of social media for that matter) was more like this.

Edit: for the record, I lean left.

Last edited:
Am I crazy to think that Elon will be forced to tone things down now that he runs Twitter? Perhaps just wishful thinking.
Both sides do need to chill.

Virtue signaling from the left only accomplishes to make people dig in more in their beliefs.

Elon shouldn’t have tweeted this. But the left should have simply responded stating that is incorrect and here’s why. Not IMMEDIATELY go to RABID mode.
Trump broke the left. I say that as someone who has voted Dem in basically ever election for the past 25 years.

Nonsense...a CEO is allowed a little frivolity in their life...and while the thought that Hillary has been replaced by a doppelgänger is plainly ludicrous...it would explain a lot..🤔😳🥺

Calling himself the techno king falls under the category of harmless frivolity.

Spreading baseless conspiracy theories to provide cover for the attempted assassination of the Speaker of the House does not.

Unless of course you're not into the whole democracy thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.