Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
People are taking Elon’s tweets way too seriously. He was just jokingly trolling Hillary. He always goofs around. He’s a different type of “CEO” and he always will be.
I’m not selling, because I can’t sell. No TSLA in my accounts might cause a stroke. But it doesn’t matter if I or you think people are taking Elon too seriously. They are.

But is this true?
"Mr. Musk also appears unlikely to pay the golden parachutes that the fired top executives of Twitter were set to receive. Under the merger agreement, those executives — including Parag Agrawal, the chief executive — had been set to receive compensation of $20 million to $60 million if they were fired. But Mr. Musk terminated the executives “for cause,” meaning he did it because he alleged he had justification, which may void that agreement, two people with knowledge of the matter said."

Maybe we'll finally get a trial! (doubtful, he'll pay the golden parachutes and somehow that will be a win for him)

I bet this will go to trial. I've fired two C-level execs "for cause" before. One was a slam dunk (running a competing business without informing us), the other not so much (very abrasive personality with staff).

I would be most curious about what the "for cause" EXACTLY was with the fired execs. In my experience there needs to be either a breach of something in their contract, or something egregious that if taken to court any judge would just say "yeah, that's against any and all best established business practices."

The Elon/Twitter show appears to be long from over.

Going to be interesting to see this play out. It would be really hard/impossible to claw-back purchase price from the original sale, as that goes to shareholders pretty much immediately. But if they think they have hard data . . .

Or it could just be Elon barking up the wrong tree again.
It will at least play out in the court of opinion. Real court and court of opinion hasn't been going too well for him recently, though :D :)

An article describing Jack Dorsey's concept for Bluesky and how it relates to Twitter. Also dives into the motivations of the Twitter deal. It's an opinion piece by someone who knows Jack.

• Informative
Reactions: Boomer19
An article describing Jack Dorsey's concept for Bluesky and how it relates to Twitter. Also dives into the motivations of the Twitter deal. It's an opinion piece by someone who knows Jack.
Without reading the article, the text messages that came up at trial showed that Elon suggested to Jack both closed (Twitter) and open (Bluesky) be pursued. They're definitely not competitors.

Jack said when questioned by Congress for at least the second time, that no one should have the power that Twitter had in banning certain very powerful people. A number of times, he has lamented that Twitter became what it did, because he wanted it to be an open protocol. Which would be even more Wild West than Twitter is right now, probably.

As much as I love the car this guy seems to be increasingly off his rocker. Could it be that he's so wealthy he no longer cares? Will he squander $44 billion just to control a social media platform so he can go on insane rants about crazy conspiracies and people he doesn't like? He just announced that Mr. Pelosi was actually fighting with a hired male prostitute. Based on nothing. When he next announces that any election where a Democrat wins is clearly fraudulent or that NASA is a conspiracy of pedophiles do we keep buying his cars? At what point does this sick man, albeit a global shape shifting thinker, deserve to be abandoned?

Started off okay when the author stuck to the facts but wow, did it ever go off the rails towards the end when the author switched to “opinion/speculation”.

Reactions: Raisin45567
As much as I love the car this guy seems to be increasingly off his rocker. Could it be that he's so wealthy he no longer cares? Will he squander $44 billion just to control a social media platform so he can go on insane rants about crazy conspiracies and people he doesn't like? He just announced that Mr. Pelosi was actually fighting with a hired male prostitute. Based on nothing. When he next announces that any election where a Democrat wins is clearly fraudulent or that NASA is a conspiracy of pedophiles do we keep buying his cars? At what point does this sick man, albeit a global shape shifting thinker, deserve to be abandoned?
What Elon tweeted was "There is a tiny possibility there might be more to this story than meets the eye" followed by referring to an execrable fake news story. Not quite "announced that Mr. Pelosi..." Then he later deleted the tweet.

Horrible behavior! But there's no point in pretending there was more to it than there was. His later tweet about the NYT is not as reprehensible, but he seems to not realize that what might be funny coming from an outsider is just stupid and irresponsible coming from the guy who owns the company.

Elon shouldn’t have tweeted this. But the left should have simply responded stating that is incorrect and here’s why. Not IMMEDIATELY go to RABID mode.
And here lies the issue with social media. Who gets pushed? The woman with the reasonable tweet, or the one with the RABID tweet? Which do you hear? I rarely see articles about “moderate thinker mildly disagrees, with caveats, with the recent statements by…”. But “Twitter demolishes <political figure>” makes for clicky glory.

So you think “the left” (categorization I just talked about upthread) went into RABID mode, but only a few on “the left” did. Just as people accuse those on “the right” (also categorization) of having certain negative traits, because the Q crowd or whom ever else gives everyone a bad name.

Political ideology is a cafeteria plan, not a two item order. Social media (or any media) don’t profit from moderate views. So everyone gets siloed and calcified and we get to these disappointing types of standoffs. This thread is a good example of smart, like minded people jumping onto teams. Media carries the torch on that one.

I honestly think this latest gaff tweet was more offensive than the infamous "pedoguy" tweet. That guy antagonized him first. Paul Pelosi was just minding his own business, possibly checking on his Tesla investments, when a crazy nutjob smashed though a door in his home looking for his wife. Then smashed him in the head w a hammer, cracking his skull. Grotesque.
How does anyone downvote this comment? Are Some on this forum in favor of violence? Wonderful world we live in.

Am I crazy to think that Elon will be forced to tone things down now that he runs Twitter? Perhaps just wishful thinking.
Yes, you are crazy. He's had plenty of opportunities to revisit the way the conducts himself on Twitter and has not changed one bit. If anything, it's getting worse, IMO. This is just the latest in a long line of Twitter gaffes where he continues to double down on bad takes. When he should just admit he's wrong, apologize and move on.

Trump broke the left. I say that as someone who has voted Dem in basically ever election for the past 25 years.
Which side of the isle actively promoted and participated in an attempted coup against the government again? And is currently making light of and spreading baseless conspiracy theories about this incident for political gain?

How does anyone downvote this comment? Are Some on this forum in favor of violence? Wonderful world we live in.
It's the same few people that diligently down vote certain people's posts and I would have a hard time not coming to the same conclusion as you. I'm sure this post will be down voted as well. Use the Ignore features liberally. I still wish the Ignore feature would also hide any reactions from those people, too. It's pretty annoying and yes - many parts of the world are a complete cess-pool.

At least this tweet is true. ;)

Except no one claimed he tweeted a link to NYT.

The NYT simply reported what he actually did (and then deleted) which was to tweet a link to The Santa Monica Observer containing bogus attacks on Pelosi's husband which even that hairball news org has carefully retreated from with a "this story has not been corroborated" attempt to avoid getting sued.

Status
Not open for further replies.