Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i have complained. i try not to make a habit out of it. i mostly target the lying financiers and media nitwits (i’m sure you’ve seen this in the past as i remember we were mostly in agreement then)

it’s the constant knee-jerk negative on every tweet or incident that i think doesn’t help anyone.

just like those living and dying by every TSLA tick aren’t helping themselves.

and sure, lately this appears to be a downtrend on the Elon curve - but a lot of it noise and attack vectors just like with tesla and spacex ….
notwithstanding incendiary things like the reply to hillary
- i get peoples anger with it.
- was he serious, was it a troll that i don’t understand?
- either way it was avoidable polarization
- i can’t explain why he trips over his own &$@? sometimes

im more in the “these are just blips on the radar”camp, and i ponder and then dismiss them.

to me the real story is the 80%.
i believe he’ll focus on the 80% which he’s said numerous times, and i believe just about everyone here is in that 80%. we just have to wait and see what the team comes up with. i believe the outcome will be better than it is now.
unless he was high or had a stroke ... why in the world would you *ever* reply to a former presidential candidate with a link to a total joke of "news site" alleging that 82yr old Paul Pelosi hired a male prostitute ? and comment that as "there might be more to the story" ? Even worse if he actually read the article which after one paragraph was clear that it was an inflammatory troll article and not serious reporting...

Later deleting it without a comment (like: "sorry, i shared a bad source") doesnt really help...

Regarding paying for Twitter Blue, it might make sense for Twitter to pay people to sign up for it in select circumstances, as PayPal did two decades ago. I and 80% of people might not have any use for Twitter Blue because I don't post to Twitter. But if we get $25 freebies in our accounts for signing up for Twitter Blue (to give monetary tips or whatever), that might make it more worthwhile.

Several ways to seed this type of activity, leaving bots outside the gates.

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Regarding paying for Twitter Blue, it might make sense for Twitter to pay people to sign up for it in select circumstances, as PayPal did two decades ago. I and 80% of people might not have any use for Twitter Blue because I don't post to Twitter. But if we get $25 freebies in our accounts for signing up for Twitter Blue, that might make it more worthwhile.
Having people pay for Twitter Blue [EDIT: to be clear, I am not talking about Twitter Blue here - I am talking about blue check verification needing payment, which has also been reported (possibly some conflation of the two distinct products here)] is laughable.

My guess is no one is thinking about the predictable consequences. (Well, plenty of people thinking about it, but they will be ignored.) Truly a rudderless ship now.

I guess no decisions made yet so maybe a strong hand at the tiller will still appear.

Last edited:
360k people are verified on twitter.

If they force $20 / month subscription on already verified twitter users, it's $86M in annualized revenue off the bat. I wonder how many people would sign up from the twitter user base to get that verified check mark?

If you apply the $5B in revenue in 2021 from Twitter...we're talking about an instant 1.7% increase in annualized revenue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Regarding paying for Twitter Blue, it might make sense for Twitter to pay people to sign up for it in select circumstances, as PayPal did two decades ago. I and 80% of people might not have any use for Twitter Blue because I don't post to Twitter. But if we get $25 freebies in our accounts for signing up for Twitter Blue (to give monetary tips or whatever), that might make it more worthwhile.

Several ways to seed this type of activity, leaving bots outside the gates.
Then it would just be onlyfans.

• Funny
Reactions: advocate8
Having people pay for Twitter Blue is laughable.

My guess is no one is thinking about the predictable consequences. (Well, plenty of people thinking about it, but they will be ignored.) Truly a rudderless ship now.

I guess no decisions made yet so maybe a strong hand at the tiller will still appear.

You make it sound as if paying for Twitter Blue is something new. It is already a paid service and costs $4.99 a month.

And why do you call the company a ‘rudderless ship’ after it had a new owner for just a few days and he and his team are testing the water to see what users would prefer or find acceptable?

You make it sound as if paying for Twitter Blue is something new. It is already a paid service and costs $4.99 a month.

And why do you call the company a ‘rudderless ship’ after it had a new owner for just a few days and he and his team are testing the water to see what users would prefer or find acceptable?
It’s unclear what has been proposed, to be clear. There is discussion about blue checks, and there is also discussion about Twitter Blue prices. (While I said Twitter Blue above, I was talking about blue checks, verified users - I have edited the post to clarify.)

It’s unclear what will happen. As I said, we’ll see what actually happens.

The reporting is likely suspect, of course.

And why do you call the company a ‘rudderless ship’
The lack of a meaningful rudder was made pretty clear over the weekend! It’s whack-a-doodle (not that that surprised anyone of course…this is not news). No serious person can claim that behavior engenders admiration and a desire to follow.

We’ll see what happens and see if they can find a way to service their debt and grow the business to eliminate it.

There is always the option of reattaching the rudder. Just takes time and stability and no more “mistakes,” and people will forgive. People in these positions get lots of chances.

At least no impact on Tesla, we can be thankful for that.

Last edited:
If I didn’t know any better I’d call that fash.
disinformation is all fun and giggles until someone shows up with an AR15 at a DC suburb pizzeria wanting to free "sex slave children"... just saying. it's not clear cut. Also see Dominion suing Fox News / Newsmax for their "voting machine reporting"

Status
Not open for further replies.