Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
My question for you-did you post something that didn't go along with the left-wing. echo-chamber mentality?
I had two of my “left-wing. echo-chamber mentality” posts deleted as well though they were not political in nature at all. So, your assumption is invalid. (Though I have no idea what “pay attention to what mods say” means, as I’ve never really ventured outside of the main vehicle forums.)

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but isn't this "verification" just for people that want it? In other words, users can still participate for free, but if some celerity or political entity wants their "brand" verified, they have the option to do so. So no impact on the average user that doesn't really care?
That is how it was, there is talk of the entirety of twitter being overhauled to get rid of the majority of bots and presumably that means a much higher percentage of users getting verified or somehow unverified users getting a lesser voice.

That is how it was, there is talk of the entirety of twitter being overhauled to get rid of the majority of bots and presumably that means a much higher percentage of users getting verified or somehow unverified users getting a lesser voice.
Well, it's pretty much a "tragedy of the commons" situation. The benefit is to the community, so very few individuals are going to be willing to pay for it. Twitter will have to find a way to be structured to align individual goals with community goals. Carrots, sticks, taxes, ...

Reactions: TN Mtn Man
Well, it's pretty much a "tragedy of the commons" situation. The benefit is to the community, so very few individuals are going to be willing to pay for it. Twitter will have to find a way to be structured to align individual goals with community goals. Carrots, sticks, taxes, ...

I agree - but would explain it that on Twitter, the users and their posts are the product. Charging them more expensive fees is backward - you WANT the famous people, the interesting ones, the informed ones on there to provide the material worth reading by the masses who form the bulk of your user base which can be monetized. Screwing your best creators for cash will just drive them to go elsewhere and with them go the readers.

Last edited:
Looks like Jack did rollover his holdings! This is the craziest part of this saga to me. Elon accuses Jack of running a massive fraud, which he is apparently still looking for evidence of, and Jack still chooses to invest his money with Elon. He's a much more loyal friend than I would have been!

Jack's not stupid. He knows that most things Elon touches wind up making money, lots more than Jack has ever made.

Looks like Jack did rollover his holdings! This is the craziest part of this saga to me. Elon accuses Jack Twitter's board (which Jack left/ was ousted of) of running a massive fraud, which he is apparently still looking for evidence of, and Jack still chooses to invest his money with Elon. He's a much more loyal friend than I would have been!

FTFY

TMC is against all libertarian policies and chooses to rule ironically as a Neanderthal king.

Wouldn't a libertarian policy be you're allowed to set whatever rules you want on a thing you privately own? Just like you get to control who comes on to your private property or who comes into your private business.

AFAIK the only censorship they oppose is government censorship.

Maybe you need to re-read how your own claimed philosophy actually works? :)

Wouldn't a libertarian policy be you're allowed to set whatever rules you want on a thing you privately own? Just like you get to control who comes on to your private property or who comes into your private business.

AFAIK the only censorship they oppose is government censorship.

Maybe you need to re-read how your own claimed philosophy actually works? :)
Dude, dude, dude…. Ease up on the sanity and rationality. This IS the internet.

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
I had two of my “left-wing. echo-chamber mentality” posts deleted as well though they were not political in nature at all. So, your assumption is invalid. (Though I have no idea what “pay attention to what mods say” means, as I’ve never really ventured outside of the main vehicle forums.)
I have as well had plenty of my "left-wing. echo-chamber mentality" posts deleted as well. I also still have a twitter account that was lifetime suspended last year because I responded to the anti-semetic video tweet Josh Mandel, who was running for Senate in Ohio, posted last year. That was the video where he used anti-semetic language and told supporters to arm up and use violence when country comes for them to get vaccinated. He used hashtag #DoNotComply.

My response was "#DoNotComply aka Go Ahead and Die".

That was what it took for a left leaning person to get lifetime suspended from Twitter.

We've been moving political posts away for almost 10 years - one nice thing about the way things were set up here is that posts are moved more often than they're deleted, so there's transparency in what has been moderated. Want to see what kind of posts get moved away for political content? Check out Politics - Quarantine Thread. They're mostly right there for review.

That is how it was, there is talk of the entirety of twitter being overhauled to get rid of the majority of bots and presumably that means a much higher percentage of users getting verified or somehow unverified users getting a lesser voic
The benefit of the blue checkmark is really for the people that are seeing the tweets not the person making the tweet. When you see a tweet from a public figure with a blue checkmark you have a reasonable belief that the person tweeting is actually the person you think it is.

I was thinking of a way for Twitter to collect revenue for verification while not angering a lot of content-creators. Every individual who can verify their identity gets a blue checkmark. This verification documents aren't stored on Twitter's servers, and the user gets to choose whether or not to use their real name. But if you see a blue checkmark, you can be certain that they're a real person with one account, regardless of whether they choose to remain anonymous. And then any companies, institutions, or organisations that want a blue check have to pay a monthly fee to remain verified.

tl;dr Free for individuals, cost for companies.

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Potentially a little cross-effects between Twitter and Tesla?

Big time POSITIVE effect FOR Tesla FSD soon, and Optimus later - From the main TMC thread

<..snip> ..

I would like to venture here some thoughts/ opinions which some TMC'ers might understand better than Joe Public: Tesla's software engineers poring over Twitter code is a stupendous boon for Tesla's AI / AGI. Twitter posts processed by Dojo will not only add to Twitter improvements, it will add to Tesla AGI and timely info.

Twitter derived algos will translate soon into tangible advances in FSD and later Optimus.

Tesla FSD being able to read/ assimilate local news (local construction updates, weather info, traffic advisories, police accident reports) would add a huge information advantage to the vision-only current system.

Same later for Optimus being able to interpret better its environment/ interactive command dialogue.

Elon's current attention to Twitter isn't misplaced at all !

EMSK.profile.jpg

Edited for clarity and copying relevant notes from main thread directly here

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: AlanSubie4Life
Status
Not open for further replies.