Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, there is a new tab. And if you actually click on the vehicles there a large majority of them are demo cars. Tesla cycles their demos out nearly every quarter, not letting them get a lot of miles on them.

New for Tesla simply means "unregistered".

The other inventory cars listed as New generally don't stick around that long (3 and Y), unless they are uber-expensive (S Plaid).
no, they are "to be produced" in my case when i search....

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Yep, he is running Tesla all on his own, together with SpaceX, Neuralink, The Boring Company and Twitter. At Tesla he still has to find time to code for FSD, design the interior of the Cybertruck and Roadster and negotiate a deal with a lithium company. I suggest he hires some people and delegates tasks. How about 110,000 employees? Would that suffice?
You seem to be implying that Elon doesn't add value by working at Tesla.

You seem to be implying that Elon doesn't add value by working at Tesla.

He definitely adds value. A lot. He comes up with ideas, makes the big decisions, sets out the course.

What bothers me though is when people say ‘Tesla will not be able to progress if Elon is working for his other companies’. They make it sound as if nothing happens when he is not in Fremont or Austin. Tesla has 110,000 employees and many capable senior staff members. The company doesn’t need Elon around all the time to move forward. Isn’t that exactly what his critics want, less dependency on Elon?

Also, he works twice as many hours as most CEOs and takes maybe one week of vacation per year. That alone allows him to combine multiple companies. He also seems to work very efficiently, not wasting hours and hours in meetings.

He definitely adds value. A lot. He comes up with ideas, makes the big decisions, sets out the course.

What bothers me though is when people say ‘Tesla will not be able to progress if Elon is working for his other companies’. They make it sound as if nothing happens when he is not in Fremont or Austin. Tesla has 110,000 employees and many capable senior staff members. The company doesn’t need Elon around all the time to move forward. Isn’t that exactly what his critics want, less dependency on Elon?

Also, he works twice as many hours as most CEOs and takes maybe one week of vacation per year. That alone allows him to combine multiple companies. He also seems to work very efficiently, not wasting hours and hours in meetings.
If only we had more like that.

Reactions: Krugerrand

I think he'd do better as CTO instead of CEO. He really needed someone to tell him not to try to try automate everything, that moving critical items around on the UI like wiper and defroster controls is not acceptable, and that the software that goes out to customers better not have embarrassing bugs like way too small font on the charging screen that shows that Tesla doesn't even do basic sanity tests on its software before releasing a build.

• Disagree
Reactions: Krugerrand and JRP3
I just read that the guy that assaulted Pelosi's husband (that Elon tweeted about) was in the country illegally, having overstayed his Canadian entry visa by "decades".

Anyone else heard anything that corroborates this? Here is the quote (yes, some will hate the source, but they do quote ICE directly):

"An Immigrations and Customs Enforcement source told Fox News Monday that DePape is in the U.S. illegally after a "longtime" visa overstay."

I am in no way condoning his actions, he needs serious jailtime for assault like this. Just an interesting wrinkle to the story.

Start by sending him home to Canada.
Um...no. He should remain in custody and be put on trial for his crimes. You think sending him home is punishment, even if he's banned for life from re-entry? That's letting him off the hook. Canada can't prosecute him for anything because he didn't commit a crime in Canada.

And that doesn't even address the big problem which is misinformation spreading on social media and major politicians and the new owner of Twitter amplifying it.

The man supposedly pushing humanity forward to an all renewable future and to another planet, is booed and mocked on TV for a social media platform.

You want to talk about echo chambers? Every single one of you sticking up for him is the worst I've seen yet.

Elon was once praised by someone like Colbert and now is mocked and ridiculed. And don't come at me with "no one watches Colbert" as if it's some small segment of the population.

You know what's a small segment? All of you latching on to his teet.

Once again, Colbert goes after him with millions to watch:

I hate to say it but Cobert had some good points. I really wish Elon could get a hobby other than twitter.

“Anything i’m told I don’t like is”
Some things are just factually inaccurate and provably so.
There's a far easier way to verify your own Twitter account without paying idiotic fees:

1. Pin a tweet with a statement that also tells people to check your official website for it.

2. Duplicate the statement verbatim on your official website with a link to the pinned tweet.

“They should pay me” is not an uncommon thought process for influential people on social media. And it has some validity, in that users are users because of the quality of the membership.

I doubt it’ll get much traction with Elon, though. Probably wouldn’t with me, either, if I woke up into a nightmare reality where I just purchased Twitter.

Very interesting clip from an interview with Elon filmed back in May. It sounds like he wants to make Twitter into something like a Spotify of journalism:

I think if people understood that the small Twitter Blue subscription fee went to paying content creators like newspapers small amounts per click, more would be on board.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Boomer19
Status
Not open for further replies.