Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seemingly clever whataboutism aside, the perps at VW are long gone and have been suffering consequences, including prison time and upcoming trials. But does our CEO have accountability ? I think the current TSLA SP does reflect that there are some consequences.

I don't believe there is any demand collapse, especially with the current auto market and other manufacturers inability to deliver EVs, but EV-CPO.com is starting to show more new Tesla inventory (still practically no Model X).

Would be interesting to see what demand and SP would be without all the controversies, I would think near $300.

EV-CPO inventory that you see is just vehicles coming off-lease. If you look at the actual VINs, they don't stick around very long at all before they are sold.

Inventory cars are still pretty scarce, and also move quickly. Especially considering we are in a recession, by all reasonable accounts.

Reactions: ElectricIAC
Elon seems laser focused on Tesla's mission, eh?

Yep, he is running Tesla all on his own, together with SpaceX, Neuralink, The Boring Company and Twitter. At Tesla he still has to find time to code for FSD, design the interior of the Cybertruck and Roadster and negotiate a deal with a lithium company. I suggest he hires some people and delegates tasks. How about 110,000 employees? Would that suffice?

Elon seems laser focused on Tesla's mission, eh?

Actually there's a report today that Elon is transferring key staff out of TSLA and Boring Co to work on TWTR...

Yep, it's a distraction.

Actually there's a report today that Elon is transferring key staff out of TSLA and Space-X to work on TWTR...

Yep, it's a distraction.

The crucial words are ‘there is a report’. And the source of that report is well-known for spreading FUD about Elon and Tesla. So I’d take it with a keg of salt.

The crucial words are ‘there is a report’. And the source of that report is well-known for spreading FUD about Elon and Tesla. So I’d take it with a keg of salt.

I've added the details above, here it is again since you need to get past your sense of denial:

• Disagree
Reactions: Krugerrand
I've added the details above, here it is again since you need to get past your sense of denial:

Not sure why you post that. I’ve seen the articles. They all trace back to a CNBC article by Lora Kolodny, #1 FUD spreader in the mainstream media over the last few years.

That’s our Elon.

Truth be told I think Twitter (as a user) is a relief valve for him more than anything. — It’ll be wild to see what he can actually do with it and possibly integrate with other ventures.
yeah. exactly what shareholders want a CEO to do... "relief valve" to millions of people. No downside there whatsoever. Being the face of Tesla and SpaceX but also sees as content owner for twitter...

blue checkmark for $8 / month is going to be wild... Russia will have an absolute field day with this in 2024... in the past the blue checkmark at least *somewhat* guaranteed who is tweeting and who is behind it. I might just buy myself a F0X News or New York Teimes twitter handle if all it costs is $8 / month (*irony*)
People would know you were fake the second you posted something true.

blue checkmark for $8 / month is going to be wild... Russia will have an absolute field day with this in 2024... in the past the blue checkmark at least *somewhat* guaranteed who is tweeting and who is behind it. I might just buy myself a F0X News or New York Teimes twitter handle if all it costs is $8 / month (*irony*)
Note even though he mentions blue check marks in the initial Tweet, he then actually says nothing about them and starts talking about Twitter Blue in the rest of the Tweets.

So as usual with Elon, it is unclear what he is talking about. Usual clarifications straightening out the situation will come later.

It’s of course possible that he was implying that Twitter Blue would now yield a blue check. But he did not list that as a new feature, and I do not believe it currently is a perk.

Where does it say the verification/guarantees will be watered down? The way I understand it the blue checkmark will be verified the same way it is now, you just have to pay a small monthly fee to keep it (this is all still just an idea)

Serious question - Do people still watch TV? Must be those who drive Government Motors cars and use Facebook with their new ads.
I still watch all the same things I used to watch on TV. The channels turned into apps.

late night TV = Youtube app mostly (overlaps with channel specific apps), occasionally not on youtube, but is on a different channel/app
CBS = Paramount app
NBC = Peacock

and so on...

• Informative
I've been having one issue or another with every Tesla release since December. And he's been at Tesla far longer than that. He should get the hell off of Twitter unless it's to give Tesla or SpaceX customers information about their products.
Oh crap.

Id just read a Twitter post above yours and misread your post to say “fix the Twitter software”.

I’m pretty happy with my Tesla software so don’t really get that either, but respect that complaint. The two are not related.

Where does it say the verification/guarantees will be watered down? The way I understand it the blue checkmark will be verified the same way it is now, you just have to pay a small monthly fee to keep it (this is all still just an idea)
in that case the additional revenue he's raising won't be great... there's only around 400k verified accounts currently and not all of them will be willing to pay $8 / month (which isn't that small of a fee to begin with). If he wants to broaden verified accounts ... the verification has to be relaxed.

EV-CPO inventory that you see is just vehicles coming off-lease. If you look at the actual VINs, they don't stick around very long at all before they are sold.

Inventory cars are still pretty scarce, and also move quickly. Especially considering we are in a recession, by all reasonable accounts.
Not trying to get into a debate, but go look at EV-CPO--there is a New" tab. In some cases, there is more new Tesla inventory than used.

Reactions: texas_star_TM3
Not trying to get into a debate, but go look at EV-CPO--there is a New" tab. In some cases, there is more new Tesla inventory than used.

Yep, there is a new tab. And if you actually click on the vehicles there a large majority of them are demo cars. Tesla cycles their demos out nearly every quarter, not letting them get a lot of miles on them.

New for Tesla simply means "unregistered".

The other inventory cars listed as New generally don't stick around that long (3 and Y), unless they are uber-expensive (S Plaid).

Status
Not open for further replies.