Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Elon being fact checked about Twitter Android app performance by employee. I don't know enough to tell but the employee seems credible. Arguing with the owner in public is a bold move.

35AF591E-9F44-492D-A3A2-103E0E6A1771.gif

Gotta take the bad with the good.

Give it a few software updates.
If it's anything like Tesla's software updates it will fix some issues and introduce just as many new ones. I've installed two updates all year because issues keep being reported. Now my car wants to install 2022.36.6 but I guess I won't be installing that one either, because it breaks the automatic wipers. And Sentry Mode. And door locks:

Elon being fact checked about Twitter Android app performance by employee. I don't know enough to tell but the employee seems credible. Arguing with the owner in public is a bold move.

Number of server request is very important. I haven't checked, but Twitter should at least be batching requests using HTTP/2. And if they wanted to really impress, HTTP/3. I would cut down on server requests, and there by load, markedly.

I didn't take the twitter employee's reply to Elon per se as "Elon your wrong", but more of a "Elon, we've done some of this, but I agree there is more room to go".

If it's anything like Tesla's software updates it will fix some issues and introduce just as many new ones. I've installed two updates all year because issues keep being reported. Now my car wants to install 2022.36.6 but I guess I won't be installing that one either, because it breaks the automatic wipers. And Sentry Mode. And door locks:

Interesting, I'm on this version for my 3, and I have none of those problems.

I didn't take the twitter employee's reply to Elon per se as "Elon your wrong", but more of a "Elon, we've done some of this, but I agree there is more room to go".
I read it the same way, but it appears he's been fired, per a tweet by Elon. Or maybe it's a fake tweet. I have no idea anymore.

Interesting, I'm on this version for my 3, and I have none of those problems.
That's the scary thing. You never know if these issues are going to hit your vehicle or not. So the only way to be safe is to not install any versions that have reported issues. And with no way to roll back to the previous version, if you do get hit by one of these issues, you're SOL until Tesla fixes the issue and pushes a new firmware. And if that firmware has additional issues, well... (happened to me with the charge port closing slamming down immediately after removing the connector, followed by a fix two months later that had text that was too small on the center display when starting to charge).

If Elon is this nonchalant about software quality in a vehicle, where software bugs can endanger lives (imagine not being familiar with turning on the wipers because you've been using the auto wipers the entire time), what implications do you think this has for a completely non mission critical application like Twitter?

Status
Not open for further replies.