Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rather than just doubting what data we have, and asking for greater sample size, could you address that there are ZERO examples of left-leaning voices being re-instated against LOTS of big famous far right ones?

Demanding thousands of examples seems like... a stalling/excusing/denial tactic

I would imagine if just one sample going the other way shows up, you'd be declaring case-closed vs waiting for thousands, right?
The banning of right-leaning voices has been going on for years (from what I understand from the time of twitter's founding). Yet virtually no far-left ones have, even when actively threatening other users and promoting violence. Concerning left-leaning voices being reinstated, Kathy Griffin comes to mind. Some of the far-left that have been using Twitter to promote and coordinate violent attacks are reportedly being silenced.

Can't have TSLA going green without Elon popping out like some horror movie monster to kill it by overshadowing the company with yet another drama.

TSLA ended the day in the green, one of the few tech stocks to do so today (the Nasdaq was down -1.58%). AAPL was down even more: -2.63%. So if there is any causality it looks like it hurt Apple, not Tesla.

TSLA ended the day in the green, one of the few tech stocks to do so today (the Nasdaq was down -1.58%). AAPL was down even more: -2.63%. So if there is any causality it looks like it hurt Apple, not Tesla.

TSLA was defying the drop experienced by the broader indexes until about 9:45 PT, when it started to quickly descend as the markets continued to drop. The below tweet was published at 9:45 PT, and Elon then went on an anti-Apple rant for the next, what, several hours?

Can I say with certainty that the Apple drama caused the drop? No. Is it another distraction? Absolutely.

In my opinion, Elon is making himself out to be a huge key man risk with institutionals. It is hurting the stock. Just my 0.02.

Yea. But this time Elon running the show makes it HARDER to get Apple users.

Lets go there why don't we. Let's say Tesla, SpaceX or Twitter make a REALLY GOOD PHONE. What will happen? Android users will come on by in greater numbers. But Apple users..... Apple users who are mostly (but not entirely) liberal and/or VERY locked into the ecosystem. They won't be coming. Some will just be too locked in, others do know that their speech and freedom will be negatively effected with Elon in control. Already more and more liberal Twitter accounts, or accounts that are pro Ukraine (often not liberal otherwise) are getting shut down.

An Elon phone (Twitter, SpaceX or Tesla) could sway a meaningful number of Android users, but not a meaningful number of Apple users.
That is why Elon needs to cur a deal with Apple, or failing that cut a deal with Google to ensure Twitter remains available in at least one apps store.

I have a long standing wish that Tesla would develop a phone, mostly because I expect a phone to last 10 years, and be just as responsive after 10 years as it was on day 1. Also I don't like the Apple UI, and I don't like bloatware on Android,

However, there is very little chance that a good enough phone can be done quickly, it is best done as a "stealth" project and revealed when it is ready.

The fight with Apple is the wrong reason do do a phone, and probably the wrong time.

As to what the disruptive advantage could be against Apple, you have already listed it. A very "open ecosystem" with low App-store fees.
An open and flexible system actually makes using the phone harder for most users. The locked in ecosystem streamlines a lot of things, and removes the need for a lot of decisions.

So where would you need a robust open flexible phone that lasts 10 years? Mars is one place. I highly doubt that the Apple ecosystem would be supported on Mars.

TSLA was defying the drop experienced by the broader indexes until about 9:45 PT, when it started to quickly descend as the markets continued to drop. The below tweet was published at 9:45 PT, and Elon then went on an anti-Apple rant for the next, what, several hours?

Can I say with certainty that the Apple drama caused the drop? No. Is it another distraction? Absolutely.

In my opinion, Elon is making himself out to be a huge key man risk with institutionals. It is hurting the stock. Just my 0.02.

Had nothing to do with this, and everything to do with St. Louis Fed Pres Bullard saying more rate increases are likely (he's a rate hawk):

The timing was spot on for the drop in TSLA and other growth stocks which had done reasonably well during the day.

Suddenly today I'm seeing a lot of "Promoted" tweets, which are ads by companies. They get blocked. I'm also having to block more and more people who have shown up in my feed since the takeover. My Twitter experience has certainly gone downhill fast.

LoL

So . . . first it is that you are not seeing ads . . . because the advertisers are leaving.

Then . . . when you do see ads . . . you are blocking all of them. 🧐

316950054_702974621190044_4227639267100598435_n.jpg

I don't.

I dislike "bloatware" in general, but I agree users also want new features.

Phone customers are very accepting of the need to throw their phone away every 2-3 years and buy a new one.
I've had to "throw away" my $1500 center computer plus a $500 radio module after 4 years due to various bloatware and poor hardware decisions (flash size)... ON A CAR!

As to what the disruptive advantage could be against Apple, you have already listed it. A very "open ecosystem" with low App-store fees.
An open and flexible system actually makes using the phone harder for most users. The locked in ecosystem streamlines a lot of things, and removes the need for a lot of decisions.

I'd be very happy if Elon tries to make his own phone/mobile platform. More competition means more choices for everyone and probably lower prices. Like you say, open means less stable honestly and things will not work as good since they have to make it open and hard to test anything really open.

That said, I don't think Tesla has ever been really open right? They are letting people use their charging plug standard now, but that's after they refused to let anyone else use it for a very long time (why you never see anyone make a Tesla EVSE charger). At least from what I saw on that Inside EVs podcast.

I don't think Tesla has anything open about their Powerwalls neither where I can just buy one and configure everything myself without Tesla anything. From reading here, I don't think folks can even buy used ones and get them working without Tesla's "ok".

I think the whole thing about this businesses avoiding Twitter is that companies simply just don't want/care to get political. It divides people and alienates people all for what? 50% don't agree with the other 50%. No one will win this argument and it's just bad for their business/company. I feel like it's all just to continue to get people against each other again. See the same stuff posted here back and forth.

Status
Not open for further replies.