Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me answer this for you.

Who have been attacking him for the last 2 years on all fronts? Not the Reps.

Who have been trying to **** Tesla through federal agencies and policy making? Not the Reps.

Did the Dems speak up against AAPL allegedly trying to cancel TWTR? No. Desantis did.

Im an independent but it just seems counterintuitive to support people who make it their mission to sabotage you and your companies. It might look like hes changed to you but to me it looks like survival instinct. Would you rather see him take it lying down and just die?

He's absolutely changed. It's not just about perceived attacks from dem politicians. That wouldn't explain elon making friendly with the Amazon rain forest decimating right wing president (Bolsanaro). He also plays footsie with Putin. Yes, he's supporting Ukraine with Starlink, but the support is mixed and even before that, he was trying to make friends with Putin. He's had joking banter with the violent strongman of Chechnya not too long ago. It's obvious this isn't about American politics. Elon's different.

What's motivating that is unclear to me. There has been a difference since about 2018.

I cannot be the only one who sees the thread is sinking into the political abyss (again). The subject is how Twitter suppressed a news story and how it was unfluenced in its decisions by political players. That does not mean we have to start discussing that news story itself, nor the toxic politics that surrounded it. The 8 most political posts (from both sides of the argument) have been removed. The focus needs to move back to Twitter.
Taibbi said that he found no evidence that political players influenced the decision to suppress the story.

• Informative
Reactions: philw1776
He's absolutely changed. It's not just about perceived attacks from dem politicians. That wouldn't explain elon making friendly with the Amazon rain forest decimating right wing president (Bolsanaro). He also plays footsie with Putin. Yes, he's supporting Ukraine with Starlink, but the support is mixed and even before that, he was trying to make friends with Putin. He's had joking banter with the violent strongman of Chechnya not too long ago. It's obvious this isn't about American politics. Elon's different.

What's motivating that is unclear to me. There has been a difference since about 2018.
Elon wanting to be friends with everyone who is not directly attacking him? What changed?

I cannot be the only one who sees the thread is sinking into the political abyss (again). The subject is how Twitter suppressed a news story and how it was unfluenced in its decisions by political players. That does not mean we have to start discussing that news story itself, nor the toxic politics that surrounded it. The 8 most political posts (from both sides of the argument) have been removed. The focus needs to move back to Twitter.
Mods here have a tough time. The entire story of Twitter purchase by Elon is political. Elon "explicitly" acts in political partisan way. He supports one party over the other. He uses slurs from one side to belittle the other. Yet, the thread itself is supposed to be apolitical. Its like talking about the Bible without mentioning Jesus.

So, now imagine this thing blowing up with millions of posts a day. How would you moderate that ?!

That is the essential problem of Twitter.

Not whether there is any truth in the Hunter Biden laptop story itself.
Wait - there is no controversy in the Hunter Laptop story. His laptop was indeed given to GOP campaign staffers by someone who took it from Hunter and they leaked contents of it in the press. Then, some of the media (including Twitter, Facebook), suppressed the story. There is no controversy here.

The question (or controversy) is around why.

What tweets were they asking to remove?
We don't know. But it was an ongoing thing .... both the government (illegally ?) and Biden campaign (unethically?) asked content to be removed. (note I'm not pointing fingers are Trump government - if there was a Dem President they would do the same !).

But it was all just backdoor channel - and Dems (Taibbi thinks) had more backdoor channels and thus got more content removed. We are not here talking about one request.

1670091685473.png

ps : Back to the original question. Is it illegal for the government to ask media to remove content ? But we all have heard this happens all the time (for eg. State department or CIA asking media to not publish some things because of *national security*).

We don't know. But it was an ongoing thing .... both the government (illegally ?) and Biden campaign (unethically?) asked content to be removed. (note I'm not pointing fingers are Trump government - if there was a Dem President they would do the same !).

But it was all just backdoor channel - and Dems (Taibbi thinks) had more backdoor channels and thus got more content removed. We are not here talking about one request.

View attachment 881048
And we aren’t talking about requests from only one campaign.

And we aren’t talking about requests from only one campaign.
Dude, where do you come up with that ? The tweet clearly says both Biden campaign and Trump government made requests. Infact that is the question I posed - is it illegal for the government to ask Twitter to remove tweets (clearly not for campaigns).

1670092177858.png

Dude, where do you come up with that ? The tweet clearly says both Biden campaign and Trump government made requests.

Sure both campaigns would try to influence coverage, but it is beyond clear that Twitter only worked in one direction.

Twitter even locked Trump's press secretary (Kayleigh McEnany) out of her Twitter account right before the election.

EVERYONE not in a complete echo chamber knows that Social Media leans very hard left since forever. When Conservatives would complain, they were told it was "a private company, go build your own social media if you are so upset". Now that Musk has essentially done just that through the acquisition and allowing some Conservative voices back on the platform, the same Liberals are now screaming that we need all sorts of government intervention into regulating a private company.

Makes one's head spin.....

I don’t see him making friends with leftists in Brazil. They haven’t attacked him.

He wants to make friends with Putin, a man whom elons’s family once worried would assassinate Elon.

This isn’t about personal attacks
making friends with people want to assassinate you so that maybe they dont want to assassinate you no more seems like a pretty smart move to me.

Trump, in his role as presidential candidate in 2020, repeatedly used Twitter to post misleading information about voter fraud, counting votes, his lead in certain states, etc.

None of these were pulled down by twitter.

Twitter labeled them as potential misinformation, because they were wrong.

Also, Fox News, passed on reporting on Hunter’s laptop (for awhile) due to credibility concerns.

This isn’t some fantasy liberal plot. It’s just what actually happened.

Hilarious.

Typical example of people see what they want to see. Matt says it worked in both directions (may be one more than the other, because of more back channels). He doesn't say it "worked in one direction".

Can you show me any examples of Twitter working in the other direction? Can you name any prominent Democrats or Lefty Media orgs being locked out of their accounts right before an election?

Status
Not open for further replies.