Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Those of you who think that the latest round of dumps is a nothing burger need to expand their sources of information and analysis beyond the ones involved with the suppression of the laptop story in the first place.

Ironic that these individuals think that the "laptop is tainted" but will swallow the entire Steele dossier as "fact", even though the FBI has demonstrably shown that to fabricated.

At least my old roommate, Ro Khanna (brilliant guy, truly one of the smartest I have ever known), still has his head on straight.

Imagine if between announcing the deal in April and concluding it (albeit involuntarily) in October he had come up with a comprehensive plan to open up speech in a rational way and to assure advertisers of an attractive "safe" medium.

The abdication of moderation, the active engagement with right wing flakes, the ludicrous publicity stunts like tonight's....Whatever skepticism and trepidation advertisers felt BEFORE the deal closed must be wildly heightened by now.
I thought maybe Elon had decided to do something like that when the 1st thing he said once taking over was that he was putting together a diverse content moderation board. Still thought what would have been a good thing was a master plan released the day he took over Twitter, maybe even a press conference going over a plan to review Twitter, technical, business purpose, content moderation policies and how to make it the safe town hall he talks about.

Instead he sent out a tweet that turned out to be nothing but a lie.

Ironic that these individuals think that the "laptop is tainted" but will swallow the entire Steele dossier as "fact", even though the FBI has demonstrably shown that to fabricated.

At least my old roommate, Ro Khanna (brilliant guy, truly one of the smartest I have ever known), still has his head on straight.
Can you point out content of the dossier that have turned out to be false? Not stuff that hasnt been corroborated, but actually confirmed false. Many points were confirmed true.

The laptop chain of custody is a joke.

Owner of shop and GOP loyalist
Rudy Giuliani
Steve Bannon
NY Post

Yeah - I am hot and cold with him. He certainly had the commonsense instincts on the Twitter/NY Post issue. Would have been better if he made his concerns public.

But he looks absolutely terrible here aggressively defending FTX in Congressional hearings a few months ago.

• Informative
Reactions: bkp_duke
Yeah - I am hot and cold with him. He certainly had the commonsense instincts on the Twitter/NY Post issue. Would have been better if he made his concerns public.

But he looks absolutely terrible here aggressively defending FTX in Congressional hearings a few months ago.

Yeah, he biffed that one there. Why SBF has not been indicted yet . . . mind boggling.

He has not been "attacked on all fronts" by one group, other than the long standing attacks from established industries. We can easily investigate which "side" most of those industries are on, hint, it's not "radical left". A few prominent Dems have gone after him publicly about his wealth but not the administration. The politically expedient promotion of other EV companies is not an "attack" though it was ill advised. Even more ill advised was Elon's childish reaction to being ignored, there were a hundred better ways to point out the ridiculousness of that situation without going to war with the administration. I'd rather see him use intelligence and tact, something he's used well in the past, but we seem far past that point.
Let's see:

CNBS, WaPo, NYT, BI, etc... all Dems owned.
Prominent Dems call him a tax evader, call for a ban on autonomy, investigate Tesla crashes, etc...
Biden tries to give billions to unions and legacies making hybrids

I think these constitute "all fronts" in my dictionary.

I will agree with you that Elon calling Biden names was childish, ill advised even, but childishness is not always a bad thing. Consider the child in this picture is not trying to funnel billions in taxpayer money to his donors while the adult in office is. Elon has been using his intelligence and tact, or else he wouldn't be where he is today, but everyone, including you and me, has a breaking point. I'm not in the same room as Elon. I don't know 100% of what he's going through. Yet, after observing everything thrown at him, I'm murderously mad. Like throw all these corrupt politicians and journalists and trolls in prison and throw away the key mad. So I understand where he's coming from.

Last edited:
Who have been trying to **** Tesla through federal agencies and policy making? Not the Reps.
You have to be kidding.
Late 2021 Biden Administration put in much stronger CAFE standards lobbied for by Tesla. After 2 years of continual declines Tesla ZEV credit sales jump from 314 million to 679 million QoQ. A new record
August 2022 Biden Administration and Democratic party push thru Inflation Reduction Act.
Restores up to $7500 tax credit for consumers on most popular Tesla cars
Adds $40K tax credit for consumers of Tesla Semi
Extends Rooftop Solar consumer tax credits 10 years and boosts back to 30% back dated to January 1, 2022.
Adds battery storage costs to Rooftop Solar consumer tax credits
Adds battery production tax rebates of $45 per kwh. Battery in Model 3 LR will get Tesla $3750 more than enough to reduce price of Model 3 LR to be eligible for $7500 consumer tax credit.
Adds Heat Pump incentives something that Elon as late as last quarterly conference call has said Tesla would like to get into that business.

What hasnt then administration done? Have photo opps at Tesla factories.

I stopped following this thread closely after the early weeks, but still pop in occassionally (usually, click on the last message page) when I have time to waste.

I guess I've always felt these execs/CEOs need to realize they're not the every man and in a way, should just not talk so much or add fuel to the fire or stir things up even more. Simply stop commenting (like Ye and SBF (non-stop talking who may/should end up in jail)).

I just watched the DeepFake Zuckerberg (these look incredibly real already) video and don't think Zuck responded to it. Similar to Cook not saying much, Elon, Ye and a lot of these rich/powerful/narcissistic folks seem to have to comment all the time when I think Elon should simply just get back to work and fix Twitter after paying 44bil for it (a lot of it was leveraged/loaned $$ so who knows if it'll just die since a lot of it wasn't even his $$).

So yes, to your question, I think it'd be better for him/Twitter/Tesla shareholders and everyone involved to just tweet less/talk less, take it lying down and Elon's best way to shut people up is simply kill the shorts by doing well (Tesla stock) or make Twitter successful and tell people I told you so. Maybe he will still turn it all around and re-IPO at higher than 44bil being the successful genius that he is, but all this seems to be a waste of his time. Maybe his tweets are him thinking out loud.

I just don't think his flip flop actions or daily random tweets of every little thing he's thinking of and sharing is helping him at all with advertisers which was 90% of their revenue.

A lot of this seems to be self inflicted is all.
But I'm not talking about his daily Tweet rants or the ill planned acquisition that helped to decimate TSLA SP. I'm upset about the latter. I'm talking about him fighting back his aggressors and looking for new allies in this fight. You're comparing daily attacks on Tesla and Elon by the MSM and Biden trying to **** Tesla over to a deekfake on Zuck? Dear God.

You have to be kidding.
Late 2021 Biden Administration put in much stronger CAFE standards lobbied for by Tesla. After 2 years of continual declines Tesla ZEV credit sales jump from 314 million to 679 million QoQ. A new record
August 2022 Biden Administration and Democratic party push thru Inflation Reduction Act.
Extends Rooftop Solar consumer tax credits 10 years and boosts back to 30% back dated to January 1, 2022.
Adds battery production tax rebates of $45 per kwh. Battery in Model 3 LR will get Tesla $3750 more than enough to reduce price of Model 3 LR to be eligible for $7500 consumer tax credit.
Adds Heat Pump incentives something that Elon as late as last quarterly conference call has said Tesla would like to get into that business.

As if all those policies are aimed directly at Tesla and not the Biden Administration's purported Green Energy agenda?

You have to be kidding.

Tesla is not the only manufacturer of EVs and solar products. What Tesla doesn't do is unionize and make hybrids. That's an unfair advantage Biden tried to give to F, GM, TM, and whatnot.

Did Apple really go after Twitter? No proof for that right wing talking point since Elon walked it back.

For years republicans attacked Tesla, SpaceX and Musk. Trump - the republican front runner for the 2024 election - is attacking Elon still. Pretty sure that doesn’t mean that Elon is turning into Bernie Sanders v2.0.

What’s next? Is he going to go after Hillary? Ask for Obama’s birth certificate? Do a special with Geraldo on 1980s land deals in Arkansas?
What AAPL did or didn't do is irrelevant. I'm talking about who's sticking their neck out for Elon and it's not Dems.

I'm sure Republicans were attacking Elon and his companies at some point in the past and I'm also sure you fine gentlemen did your fair share of speaking up against it, just like I'm speaking up against the Dems based on what they're doing now.

Trump attacking Elon doesn't even register.

Tesla is not the only manufacturer of EVs and solar products. What Tesla doesn't do is unionize and make hybrids. That's an unfair advantage Biden tried to give to F, GM, TM, and whatnot.
If you dont believe Tesla is in prime situation to take advantage of all those items much more rapidly then we cant discuss. Only GM and Tesla had hit the limits on EV tax credits for instance. Which of them have a Solar Energy business. Which of them have US based battery production. Which makes an electric semi. Which has invested in heat pump technologies. Also shows no merit in the idea that Biden Administration and Democratic party trying to kill Tesla. Not to mention the GOP still has no interest in combatting climate change.

Since the beginning Hunter Biden's business partner Tony Bobulinsky has been attesting to the validity of pertinent emails on the laptop. A huge story but crickets from the media. Had this been a laptop of one of Trump's sons the media would have been all over it.
Which major media didn’t report on it? The NY Times did. I remember it being all over the news.

Which major media didn’t report on it? The NY Times did. I remember it being all over the news.

How long after the election did it take the New York Times to report on it. When did they interview Hunter Biden's business partner?
Instances of reporting was certainly not with the depth, speed and veracity had it been a Trump laptop, not even close.

Last edited:
How long after the election did it take the New York Times to report on it. When did they interview Hunter Biden's business partner?
Instances of reporting was certainly not with the depth, speed and veracity had it been a Trump laptop, not even close.
They reported it before the election.
Lots of people who complain that they don’t see things in MSM don’t actually read the MSM which is why they don’t see them! You’d think this would be intuitive but it’s not to many people.

Elon has never said nor implied that there would be amnesty for those who violated hate speech rules. He did say all banned accounts would be reinstated but later added this:

Well that sure seems super transparent and... err... arbitrary?

It's not blanket amnesty (which is what he originally said), now it's kinda-amnesty, for some stuff, kind of, but not bad stuff, as determined by some people somewhere using some standards of some kind!

They reported it before the election.
Lots of people who complain that they don’t see things in MSM don’t actually read the MSM which is why they don’t see them! You’d think this would be intuitive but it’s not to many people.

Definitely rigorous reporting by all the mainstream media. As you know, the story was basically suppressed.

I cannot be the only one who sees the thread is sinking into the political abyss (again). The subject is how Twitter suppressed a news story and how it was unfluenced in its decisions by political players. That does not mean we have to start discussing that news story itself, nor the toxic politics that surrounded it. The 8 most political posts (from both sides of the argument) have been removed. The focus needs to move back to Twitter.

Status
Not open for further replies.