Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone here understands that we had a president try to overturn our election and ruin democracy (and still has not paid for that) and yet, not one single time did Elon make a fuss about it.....yet he's so mad about the laptop info that justice must be served! Hahahaha.
If the old TWTR was promoting Trump’s claims as instructed by Republicans in Congress we would hear about it. You seems to get things mixed up between what someone did vs what the old TWTR did in collusion with someone else. Elon is not trying to act as justice on all things, but only things that happened at TWTR HQs.

I was asking for someone to quote the tweets that the administration asked to be removed? I can't find them, can you?
That's a very good question! Why is Elon hiding them?
It seems that if Elon is serious about transparency then he should release all Twitter company email and slack conversations to the media. He is clearly being biased in what he is releasing right now and it hurts his credibility.

As part of his desperate and deeply pathetic crusade to get the right-wing to like him, Elon Musk has released the "Hunter Files," with the help of once respected journalist Matt Taibbi, who traded a career as a respected journalist for a higher paying gig as right-wing shill. The "Hunter Files" is an in-depth look at how the tech giant took steps to halt the dissemination of stolen pictures of Hunter Biden's penis to the general public. Yes, seriously. And the big reveal was so pathetic, even MAGA die hards expressed frustration with Elon's vapid showmanship.

Within the current contours of the culture wars, the right has taken up the mantle of free speech, while the center and left have cited concerns about disinformation and hate speech to argue for greater limits in online expression. Since taking the reins of Twitter in October, Musk has endeared himself to the right and incensed the left with his laissez-faire approach to moderation.

I get it, maybe I am just a naïve fanboy, maybe it's just me being delusional not seeing Elon for what he really is. But that's what TSLAQ was telling me all those years, and clearly I was better than them at predicting the future, so when I hear similar sounding arguments I don't get convinced by them.
You might ask yourself why you aren't seeing a change in Elon that many of us are, especially those of us who have been here almost from the beginning. Elon always had problematic behavior but it was mostly limited to inside the company, now it's amplified by his wealth and fame and spilling out in public. He's so delusional he actually seems to think the "big Twitter reveal" last night was significant. It wasn't. Complete waste of his and everyone's time, and he has less time to waste than most.

@mach-edriver

You gave this a disagree - care to explain what you disagree with when I was asking for someone to quote the tweets that the administration asked to be removed? I can't find them, can you?

We have "left" asking for anything related to the laptop story to be scrubbed. In regards to THIS SPECIFIC STORY the "right" asked that the Press Secretary's twitter account be restored. Someone on the LEFT (Ro Khanna) even agreed in that regard.

• Funny
Reactions: bkp_duke
Elon Brings One of America’s Most Prominent Nazis Back to Twitter

Anglin runs a Nazi website, The Daily Stormer, and his publicly stated goal is to “ethnically cleanse White nations of non-Whites." He's been banned for over a decade, but ELon "Mr. Free Speech" Musk is intent on letting literally the worst people in the world back into the forums of public discussion. Can't see how this could go wrong, nope, not one bit.

Elon Brings One of America’s Most Prominent Nazis Back to Twitter

Anglin runs a Nazi website, The Daily Stormer, and his publicly stated goal is to “ethnically cleanse White nations of non-Whites." He's been banned for over a decade, but ELon "Mr. Free Speech" Musk is intent on letting literally the worst people in the world back into the forums of public discussion. Can't see how this could go wrong, nope, not one bit.
Simple-minded as I am, that would seem to be one hundred times more concerning that depriving the public of photo's a Hunter Biden's schlong.

We have "left" asking for anything related to the laptop story to be scrubbed. In regards to THIS SPECIFIC STORY the "right" asked that the Press Secretary's twitter account be restored. Someone on the LEFT (Ro Khanna) even agreed in that regard.
We don't know that. Twitter at the time had a ban on non-consensual nudity. The posts they asked to be removed appear to have violated that policy. I don't think that's enough evidence to prove that they requested "anything related" to the laptop story be scrubbed (which would be dumb since it was being widely reported in the MSM at the time anyway. The MSM was not publishing dick pics though).

As part of his desperate and deeply pathetic crusade to get the right-wing to like him, Elon Musk has released the "Hunter Files," with the help of once respected journalist Matt Taibbi, who traded a career as a respected journalist for a higher paying gig as right-wing shill. The "Hunter Files" is an in-depth look at how the tech giant took steps to halt the dissemination of stolen pictures of Hunter Biden's penis to the general public. Yes, seriously. And the big reveal was so pathetic, even MAGA die hards expressed frustration with Elon's vapid showmanship.

Within the current contours of the culture wars, the right has taken up the mantle of free speech, while the center and left have cited concerns about disinformation and hate speech to argue for greater limits in online expression. Since taking the reins of Twitter in October, Musk has endeared himself to the right and incensed the left with his laissez-faire approach to moderation.
“Even MAGA diehards expressed frustration…” Well those MAGA diehards will be frustrated at anything less than a complete disbandment of the other party so no surprise there.

Will you all please relax on this fine Saturday morning? The comments on that reveal are mostly positive.

I talk to a lot of Rep friends on a daily basis and they have been turning into Elon fans. Last night was a sight to behold. Why is there such a wide disconnect between reality and what you all perceive as reality?

Last edited:
We don't know that. Twitter at the time had a ban on non-consensual nudity. The posts they asked to be removed appear to have violated that policy. I don't think that's enough evidence to prove that they requested "anything related" to the laptop story be scrubbed (which would be dumb since it was being widely reported in the MSM at the time anyway. The MSM was not publishing dick pics though).
In the screenshot, TWTR executives were literally engineering a legal cover for removing the post. Why didnt they think about the nudity policy. Bunch of morons, am I right?

You might ask yourself why you aren't seeing a change in Elon that many of us are, especially those of us who have been here almost from the beginning. Elon always had problematic behavior but it was mostly limited to inside the company, now it's amplified by his wealth and fame and spilling out in public. He's so delusional he actually seems to think the "big Twitter reveal" last night was significant. It wasn't. Complete waste of his and everyone's time, and he has less time to waste than most.
Let me answer this for you.

Who have been attacking him for the last 2 years on all fronts? Not the Reps.

Who have been trying to **** Tesla through federal agencies and policy making? Not the Reps.

Did the Dems speak up against AAPL allegedly trying to cancel TWTR? No. Desantis did.

Im an independent but it just seems counterintuitive to support people who make it their mission to sabotage you and your companies. It might look like hes changed to you but to me it looks like survival instinct. Would you rather see him take it lying down and just die?

Im an independent but it just seems counterintuitive to support people who make it their mission to sabotage you and your companies. It might look like hes changed to you but to me it looks like survival instinct. Would you rather see him take it lying down and just die?
He has not been "attacked on all fronts" by one group, other than the long standing attacks from established industries. We can easily investigate which "side" most of those industries are on, hint, it's not "radical left". A few prominent Dems have gone after him publicly about his wealth but not the administration. The politically expedient promotion of other EV companies is not an "attack" though it was ill advised. Even more ill advised was Elon's childish reaction to being ignored, there were a hundred better ways to point out the ridiculousness of that situation without going to war with the administration. I'd rather see him use intelligence and tact, something he's used well in the past, but we seem far past that point.

Let me answer this for you.

Who have been attacking him for the last 2 years on all fronts? Not the Reps.

Who have been trying to **** Tesla through federal agencies and policy making? Not the Reps.

Did the Dems speak up against AAPL allegedly trying to cancel TWTR? No. Desantis did.

Did Apple really go after Twitter? No proof for that right wing talking point since Elon walked it back.

For years republicans attacked Tesla, SpaceX and Musk. Trump - the republican front runner for the 2024 election - is attacking Elon still. Pretty sure that doesn’t mean that Elon is turning into Bernie Sanders v2.0.

What’s next? Is he going to go after Hillary? Ask for Obama’s birth certificate? Do a special with Geraldo on 1980s land deals in Arkansas?

It might look like hes changed to you but to me it looks like survival instinct. Would you rather see him take it lying down and just die?

I stopped following this thread closely after the early weeks, but still pop in occassionally (usually, click on the last message page) when I have time to waste.

I guess I've always felt these execs/CEOs need to realize they're not the every man and in a way, should just not talk so much or add fuel to the fire or stir things up even more. Simply stop commenting (like Ye and SBF (non-stop talking who may/should end up in jail)).

I just watched the DeepFake Zuckerberg (these look incredibly real already) video and don't think Zuck responded to it. Similar to Cook not saying much, Elon, Ye and a lot of these rich/powerful/narcissistic folks seem to have to comment all the time when I think Elon should simply just get back to work and fix Twitter after paying 44bil for it (a lot of it was leveraged/loaned $$ so who knows if it'll just die since a lot of it wasn't even his $$).

So yes, to your question, I think it'd be better for him/Twitter/Tesla shareholders and everyone involved to just tweet less/talk less, take it lying down and Elon's best way to shut people up is simply kill the shorts by doing well (Tesla stock) or make Twitter successful and tell people I told you so. Maybe he will still turn it all around and re-IPO at higher than 44bil being the successful genius that he is, but all this seems to be a waste of his time. Maybe his tweets are him thinking out loud.

I just don't think his flip flop actions or daily random tweets of every little thing he's thinking of and sharing is helping him at all with advertisers which was 90% of their revenue.

A lot of this seems to be self inflicted is all.

You can tell there is a shift from democrats to republican as people get older. There's also a shift in wealth.
Not true. As the world gets more liberal older people appear to be more conservative only in comparison to people in the past. Look at gay rights for instance. Now gay rights are supported by the majority. A generation ago not a chance. A generation before that didnt support interracial marriage now it is overwhelmingly supported. What generation believes in Climate Change? Issue after issue shows this to be true.

Read the thread - Twitter did a HARD BLOCK on anything related to the laptop, banning any account that linked to the NY Post. Per the emails, even Twitter's OWN TEAM was like "how do we defend this action, it's nothing we have ever done for anything like this".

EDIT - if Twitter had done the same "hard block" on the Steele dossier, because it was also unverified (and has turned out to be false and paid for by a political adversary), the same people's heads would have exploded.

Double standards.

Last edited:
I predict that this behavior didn’t stop when he became President. Lots of inconvenient accounts and stories were blocked post election.
Then Elon should have started with this behavior. After all he has all that data doesnt he? Yet he starts with story before election even occurred that is a mess. That Trump era national security officials dont put much merit in because chain of custody is a joke. If he had evidence of Biden Administration after inauguration was pressuring Twitter to block people, delete tweets, etc. then Elon would have shown it. Instead he goes for tabloid journalism.

Remember Trump before becoming President was using tabloid friends to attack GOP and then HRC. NY Post is just a tabloid at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.