Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So Elon is voting for the anti-democracy, climate change denial, pro-Putin, anti gun control, defects be dammed, anti electric vehicle party and we are supposed to think that this won't influence Tesla brand perception?
In the words of a famous genius “ha ha” Yes. And we’re also to believe he will turn them all into customers.

Nobody here is changing anything about Elon, but 50 years old doesn't mean anything. Look up the End of History Illusion - we don't stop changing, really at any age. When people are asked how much they will change in the coming decade, they underestimate drastically. And we should all be pretty happy about that!
Not to mention we are seeing a change in Elon as we speak.

So Elon is voting for the anti-democracy, climate change denial, pro-Putin, anti gun control, defects be dammed, anti electric vehicle party and we are supposed to think that this won't influence Tesla brand perception?

Calling the guy that LITERALLY shipped hundreds of internet dishes to Ukraine and turned on satellite access, and fended off Russian satellite hack attacks, pro-Putin?

Drama queen much?

It's already happening. Tesla lost a big to build EV chargers, despite coming in at 1/5 th the price.

As Elon said - "No one is more INEFFICIENT at capital allocation than the US Gov."

It was the state of Texas that decided to buy the more expensive, non-Tesla chargers...

Calling the guy that LITERALLY shipped hundreds of internet dishes to Ukraine and turned on satellite access, and fended off Russian satellite hack attacks, pro-Putin?

Drama queen much?
He didn't say Elon was pro Putin, but that republicans are, whilst not correct across the board, some most certainly have proven to be and prior to the current war, the further right you went, the more admiration and love you would find for Putin.

Whilst I find todays comments personally a little upsetting, I'm hoping Elon is playing a smarter game than it may seem on the surface with his voting comments. Surely he must know how much of what he is on record as standing for is the absolute opposite of the backward looking and regressive ideals of much of todays Republicans. He could just be playing the right to increase support for and sales of Tesla products. Time will tell how this plays out and his real political beliefs I suppose.

I'll be honest, my money and it's ability to increase exponentially is very important to me, so I'll be holding my nose and continue to HODL TSLA for dear life despite my present disgust for what he said today. :(

Last edited:
I didn't see Democrats plotting an insurrection.
We saw the Democrats, Twitter and our corrupt Media totally lie to the public about a very important story about the Bidens just a few weeks before the 2020 election.

The same Democrats, Media and Twitter who all believe and repeatedly claim Republicans stole the 2000 and 2016 presidential elections along with stealing the election in Georgia against Stacey Abrams.

Yet if anyone questions anything about the 2020 election where many states disregarded voter integrity rules to make it easier to vote with unsolicited mail in ballots, drop off boxes and canvassing using COVID as an excuse, they are labeled "insurrectionists" and banned on Twitter.

Galactic level hypocrisy or just plain ignorance?

You left out that one party is also highly associated with "replacement theory" and misogyny.

We saw the Democrats, Twitter and our corrupt Media totally lie to the public about a very important story about the Bidens just a few weeks before the 2020 election.

The same Democrats, Media and Twitter who all believe and repeatedly claim Republicans stole the 2000 and 2016 presidential elections along with stealing the election in Georgia against Stacey Abrams.

Yet if anyone questions anything about the 2020 election where many states disregarded voter integrity rules to make it easier to vote with unsolicited mail in ballots, drop off boxes and canvassing using COVID as an excuse, they are labeled "insurrectionists" and banned on Twitter.

Galactic level hypocrisy or just plain ignorance?
I think that your last sentence quite nicely sums up your perspective on things. There's a reason that the late night comedy shows tend to heavily pick on one party significantly more than the other.

The right pretends to care about corruption - but when their team gets caught, they point fingers and say - oh look at what that guy on the other team did - never mind that what they did was 10x worse, but yet they try to draw false equivalencies.

You want to talk about division and hate? How about the fact that just last weekend we had domestic terrorist shoot innocent people after being led down the white replacement theory rabbit hole - you know - the same rabbit hole that the the party on the right has fully embraced.

Elon needs to step away from Twitter and get some perspective as he's completely lost it. He continues to do damage to Tesla's corporate image and all shareholders should be pissed.

Whilst I find todays comments personally a little upsetting, I'm hoping Elon is playing a smarter game than it may seem on the surface with his voting comments. Surely he must know how much of what he is on record as standing for is the absolute opposite of the backward looking and regressive ideals of much of todays Republicans. He could just be playing the right to increase support for and sales of Tesla products. Time will tell how this plays out and his real political beliefs I suppose.

I'll be honest, my money and it's ability to increase exponentially is very important to me, so I'll be holding my nose and continue to HODL TSLA for dear life despite my present disgust for what he said today. :(
I felt the same way up until recently. These antics have been going on for years now and if anything, are only getting worse.

I think that it's possible that there are actors on the right who are manipulating the situation in order to cause issues for Tesla and SpaceX. Both companies are disruptive enough that there are huge amounts of money and power at stake - and it's clear that Elon can be easily into doing things against his best interest. I feel sorry for the guy.

Social media is known to have negative effects on your mental health - I wonder if this is also getting to him? It's ironic - Twitter - the company he wants to transform - is also leading to his downfall.

Mostly ex- Mod: I've locked this thread and the main thread. I'm unable to take more detailed action due to the volume of posts. Everyone, take some time to cool off. I will unlock before going to bed (Pacific time) or Audie might unlock sooner.

No political statements anywhere.
No insulting other members.
Comments about Elon purchasing Twitter ONLY in the twitter thread.
Only things relevant to the company or the stock in this thread.

--ggr.

Status
Not open for further replies.