Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Elon & Twitter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.
100%

a CEO of a publicly traded company has ONE responsibility and ONE responsibility only... that is: maximizing shareholder value. Nothing more, nothing less.
for privately owned companies / family owned business' that is slightly different - but in the world of S&P 500 ... you maximize shareholder value by producing desirable products, sold at a profit and avoid drama.

in no scenario can Elon's comments been seen as beneficial to shareholder value.

Fixed that for you... Drama can be bad OR can be good for shareholder value. Black Rifle Company Coffee rose to prominence by being very, very "out there", very "in your face" with it's politics. Coke, Pepsi, APPLE, Protector and gamble all have used social justice agenda (LGBQ, Racial bias, the environment, etc.. etc.)in their ads to increase sales (or at least try to).

So far, Elon's Drama hasn't really caused Tesla to lose value as compared to other car companies. I think we need another 6months to figure out if Elon's actions are helping or hurting. In six months compare Tesla to other car companies.

Nice observation. I’ve mostly quit using Facebook, and have a mostly read-only Twitter account because I feel the only thing social media is giving us is a forum to express our outrage with something or something. Social media is addicted to outrage.
I made the decision this morning to massively step back. I can get all the Star Wars news from other source. I am a huge Star Wars addict, especially from non-toxic people. I may participate a little during Bears Game Days. Hey Justin Fields looks like the QB I have been waiting for for 50 years. Can get Tesla news elsewhere and dont need Twitter for politics. I used to do tons of EV FUD fighting and Elon has taken a lot of that desire away.

Fixed that for you... Drama can be bad OR can be good for shareholder value. Black Rifle Company Coffee rose to prominence by being very, very "out there", very "in your face" with it's politics. Coke, Pepsi, APPLE, Protector and gamble all have used social justice agenda (LGBQ, Racial bias, the environment, etc.. etc.)in their ads to increase sales (or at least try to).

So far, Elon's Drama hasn't really caused Tesla to lose value as compared to other car companies. I think we need another 6months to figure out if Elon's actions are helping or hurting. In six months compare Tesla to other car companies.
that was before they clearly distanced themselves from alt-right elements ... somehow publicly traded BRC felt Rittenhouse and others running around sporting BRC clothing isn't great PR boosting shareholder value

• Funny
Reactions: ElectricIAC
Can I post some news about Twitter? Or is this thread only for rage posting?

The blue checkmark is back and it comes with perks, like the ability to edit tweets, more video upload capacity, priority ranking in search, etc. This may make it more attractive to a lot of people, which in turn could provide Twitter with a larger income stream than many here expected.

The blue checkmark is back and it comes with perks, like the ability to edit tweets, more video upload capacity, priority ranking in search, etc. This may make it more attractive to a lot of people, which in turn could provide Twitter with a larger income stream than many here expected.

I bought the subscription for my LLC account! Features work great as does Twitter (better than in years past), but the approval process for the holy sanctity that is the blue checkmark (or gold?) is taking longer than a day so far...

Some positivity to counter all the EM hate in this thread.

3A7EF5BA-DFE3-4EB6-A6C8-1FB3D56F1A96.jpeg

It was beneficial to Black Rifle in establishing itself and worked a charm. But it also likely capped off its market share at some fraction of a what standard, apolitical coffee brand could strive for. But, crucially, that got the company in the game. Totally makes sense as a marketing strategy if that was the goal. Smart.
Tesla is at an entirely different stage in its arc.
Big Drama for marketing purposes has big upsides and big downs... has to be used strategically.

“Coming Soon”
LOL

Anyway it will be interesting to see what happens. Supposedly legacy blue checkmarks will be removed. I wonder if prominent accounts will actually pay as many feel they are providing a service to Twitter by being on the platform. The paid blue check has become something of a joke.

What worries me about Tesla (and TSLA), is that Elon has explicitly said that fighting his imaginary "woke mind virus" is more important than anything else. If I was a Tesla employee, that would really hurt my morale. Kind of hard to put in long hours and watch the stock dropping knowing the CEO doesn't care and it isn't a priority for him.

“Coming Soon”
LOL

Anyway it will be interesting to see what happens. Supposedly legacy blue checkmarks will be removed. I wonder if prominent accounts will actually pay as many feel they are providing a service to Twitter by being on the platform. The paid blue check has become something of a joke.
While I’m terribly tempted to make a joke about how I’m ready to subscribe from the backseat of my car driving coast to coast without interventions as I cash my robotaxi checks, I have to say that this seems more likely to come soon. It’s not nearly as much of a hurdle as the snark-drivers I mention above.

Key excerpt:
"We reported last week that Tesla tried to get the lawsuit dismissed by saying that “failure to realize a long-term, aspirational goal is not fraud.”
For those willing to go through the small claims system, Jordan’s approach might be a better short-term solution.
Interestingly, Jordan said that he used our article about the FSD subscription situation as evidence in the case in front of the judge. Funny enough, Tesla CEO Elon Musk blocked Electrek’s and my personal Twitter accounts after we posted that article.
We can’t confirm that it is the reason why we were blocked, but there was nothing else we posted around that time that could have triggered this."

What worries me about Tesla (and TSLA), is that Elon has explicitly said that fighting his imaginary "woke mind virus" is more important than anything else. If I was a Tesla employee, that would really hurt my morale. Kind of hard to put in long hours and watch the stock dropping knowing the CEO doesn't care and it isn't a priority for him.

There is some discussion/debate here whether Elon is Tesla. I felt he is, but some don't and some feel there are others who can just as easily drive the vision, ship, whatever without him as CEO. I just relate Elon to the whole Tesla brand whether that's true or not.

I started in this thread mostly asking what's the motivation for Twitter employees to bust ass or go hardcore. Fighting woke or all the stuff going on now might not be what they signed up for, but more power to them (or Tesla) folks to stick with it if they believe in his vision/beliefs.

Maybe he can move Twitter to Texas since that's an easy way to cut more staff, costs, etc...since it's more expensive in CA simply to have a business. I've known folks moving out of CA for political/ideological reasons as well so if he wants a staff to be less left, maybe move to more right places.

• Informative
Reactions: ElectricIAC
There is some discussion/debate here whether Elon is Tesla. I felt he is, but some don't and some feel there are others who can just as easily drive the vision, ship, whatever without him as CEO. I just relate Elon to the whole Tesla brand whether that's true or not.

I started in this thread mostly asking what's the motivation for Twitter employees to bust ass or go hardcore. Fighting woke or all the stuff going on now might not be what they signed up for, but more power to them (or Tesla) folks to stick with it if they believe in his vision/beliefs.

Maybe he can move Twitter to Texas since that's an easy way to cut more staff, costs, etc...since it's more expensive in CA simply to have a business. I've known folks moving out of CA for political/ideological reasons as well so if he wants a staff to be less left, maybe move to more right places.

Setting aside all of these Twitter shenanagins I actually do think Tesla would be better off with a different CEO. Elon, at his best, seems like a good CEO for starting a company. Keeping a company running smoothly I think might require a different temperament and skillset. For example, strengthening the service department and not setting cash on fire with things like the teslabot.

Setting aside all of these Twitter shenanagins I actually do think Tesla would be better off with a different CEO. Elon, at his best, seems like a good CEO for starting a company. Keeping a company running smoothly I think might require a different temperament and skillset. For example, strengthening the service department and not setting cash on fire with things like the teslabot.
Agreed....and I do think Elon is a fantastic CEO. The Steve Jobs to Tim Cook transition went well to say the least. Of course Apple's products have stagnated. Perhaps with Elon alive, unlike Jobs, innovation would continue with Tesla.

Status
Not open for further replies.